Mobius Maxi backwards compatibility to the original Mobius (V1 I think)

Sinbord1981

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello there. I'd like to buy the new Mobius Maxi to mount on my motorbike and use more generally as a mini action camera and underwater etc.

I have the original Mobius which seems to be creating corrupted files now. It's quite old but I was generally very happy with it. I've tried a new memory card in it but I am still having problems so I just think I will throw it away now and upgrade. The Maxi looks great.

My questions are:
1. Whether the tray mount that the original Mobius slid in to will be compatible with my new Mobius Maxi.
2. Whether the waterproof case I had for the original Mobius (and I had the wide angle lens on it) will be compatible for the new Mobius Maxi.

Thanks very much.

The Maxi does not slide into the Mobius 1 cradle, although they are the same width. The Maxi has sharper corners where the M1 is more rounded.

The M1 does slide into the Maxi cradle, but is only held by friction as the securing lugs are not in the same place.

The Maxi is longer than the M1 with wide angle lens, so I doubt that the waterproof case will work.

Thanks very much. Is it worth me contemplating getting another one of the original Mobius cameras - it was pretty good - or just bite the bullet and get the Maxi? I like the idea of the wifi connectivity and it look as though it should be a much better unit all round. Can you get a waterproof case for the Maxi yet? Any other accessories?

Also, as far as the waterproof case you have for the Mobius 1 is concerned, the lens on the M1 is offset to the left of the housing whereas the lens on the Maxi is centered in the middle of the case so it will definitely not fit into a waterproof case made for the M1.

Mobius 1 sucks in low light but works good.
And at the start of a new clip, the white balance is off a bit if you notice.

Maxi has issue of shutting down randomly and irregular blinking of led.
But the dynamic range is great.

Maxi lens to choose:

Last edited:
@kandrey89
Very comprehensive- well done (y)

Phil

Weird, I posted this to the wrong thread. ^

Back