Mobius Maxi F1.5 2.7k

So that means, that in future hopefully we see also some external GPS for this? Would be good option to get also speed info for video :)
Thinking to buy this to replace my old first generation mobius :D
Yes, GPS is a possible future option with the Maxi. I do not know whether it will be able to embed speed info into the video.

In addition to Wi-Fi, the Maxi may also support external GPS at some stage later in development. It was in the early FW that I tested, although no GPS hardware was available to use with it, so it has been disabled for now.

Wait, what? Wifi? On the Maxi?

The Maxi has a Wi-Fi antenna. It is currently disabled, awaiting an app to work with it.

That cool, but if it works as "good" ((n)) as some of my other cams with wifi, then I don't need another "feature" sitting in the way of other features.... Nevertheless if it does work properly, it would be great....!!

I'm not concerned so much about the rear RED LED, I'm more concerned about the big glowing circle, especially in the pitch dark rural conditions I so often find myself in.
I shall be testing a new FW soon which has independent toggles for the rear LED and the circle LED :)

I did try driving with all the LEDs turned off and just the beep alert to indicate that the recording had started - I didn't like it. I actually unplugged and restarted it to be sure it was working. I much prefer a continuous LED notification to confirm that it's still alive!

Hi. Can I ask why WiFi is not I included as standard? Eg if your fitting this to rear screen under headliner, it's difficult to access SD. Surely as a dash cam in this era they would have included WiFi?

Hi. Can I ask why WiFi is not I included as standard? Eg if your fitting this to rear screen under headliner, it's difficult to access SD. Surely as a dash cam in this era they would have included WiFi?
The Maxi hardware has Wi-Fi capability. The companion app is still to be developed.

Eletoponline has (re-?) listed 2 808#16 extension (ribbon) cables including the "maxi" compatibility
4"(10cm)
6"(15cm)

The Maxi hardware has Wi-Fi capability. The companion app is still to be developed.

Thanks Tony
Just a general question. what lens are available, and if there are a few different types what would you recommend?

Thanks Tony
Just a general question. what lens are available, and if there are a few different types what would you recommend?
Maxi is currently available with two lenses:
Lens A F2.8 135deg FOV - Maxi A
Lens B F1.5 150deg FOV - Maxi B

I have only used Lens B so far on a Maxi, and being much faster at F1.5 it is the recommended lens for dashcam use.

I should have a Lens A Maxi for testing and comparison soon.

This is my Mobius Maxi installed as a rear camera, alongside a Mobius 1 with 6mm telephoto lens. The red notification LED on both cameras is about the same brightness when viewed through the rear view mirror.

1528970312615.png

y4m_iaa2mLPfD4nah2p1DqZFmSOpHNUZ6adVMP3ysI9K6IKi_Wx6JHu0hpNrlN8d7y0x3tEwo39BqSu88pcFtqyHn4pLfVqY78EB59qVPI5lmpfgeLRhQL6t_TKXChWOJKZZfKo72SbtwTrYMS_L9VxQQikhw74Rnp9LXVRGuXyqmsD2pUKbAeaim5laf8f1EhPXNwK8Kl5Ao8kyiuarQEywQ

y4mWM5ootVD-84N3K2fuBeBWsZARfOoGJesP2u_UEYOjcolvTucZRD2tR_DVBOCxIOaqndEP9j8eliixVlspy_r8MG9DP6DVSmAttz7XnekjadRJijA16ZrkvMrZ_idwQvis7ndPtm3p5M_LJ8ppVUIQZppFsK6Upa94UC7kcVpmgnSDsfsO4EcqysDD3VNiyeVA9mPf9DSkvEuHcoI5Mt-kg

Last edited:
Maxi is currently available with two lenses:
Lens A F2.8 135deg FOV - Maxi A
Lens B F1.5 150deg FOV - Maxi B

I have only used Lens B so far on a Maxi, and being much faster at F1.5 it is the recommended lens for dashcam use.

I should have a Lens A Maxi for testing and comparison soon.
Thanks Tony appreciate the information. What have you used to attach the camerss to the rear of your window/headliner? Regards

What have you used to attach the cameras to the rear of your window/headliner? Regards
I am fortunate - my car has just the right angle that I can stick the mount cradles directly to the rear window surround with VHB tape.

I found the 150deg FOV of the Maxi B lens is just right for this application, with just a little of the car visible in each corner of the view to provide context.

y4mCWLoAX_nP4hEw7T1yI19Kquwe6qtFJIfe0nB3PieV9XvBTT-Z2216oohkT_F_9sKYadosZD1nEJqtzXxLzFtzIo5FTFDn9SYwxdLrusEisg-LpSbBCDuge2Nx9PyKPRaPbOuYnwM66l2NKm2RuFDmISzyBtHyFI4KhSXiXvgpACHaCVMxxeqkxxNtWbN166R2ZnLI91qC5pt3b5r0tKe-Q

Last edited:
Maxi Lens B - Rear-Facing Camera
Day and night video samples
2704x1524 30fps
Extreme bitrate 60.1Mbps
Centre-weighted metering

MEGA link - 431MB

MEGA link - 431MB

Sample frames:
y4m_7a5SNmc9J-XyztyL-MKuo3PyHlTxtOhhMfVxNIrzPF6dz5m9Vh4EOmZ5PJTU8pIvwAJDN_2zWSc7ZWiPWfZLCDKeQgWUJJKsNl7WAQeH6DdKhi4uy0w6wbM40tIQtlL0Xl1UQeCe7SRpJ85g0xKOS7x4aq8ExmCiXgjBoLi0DrNzm_wIpWA-H2cl78L27tbv4Mt-5kO2IabZeWZdmwD0Q

y4mljDsc1WNmMGYJ2BEFWbhAfBIkUMGhLWenpZlefMu5E-FkNQO_Y9_rbtJV1HkAd7Z0M-b0boBQvtqOxxC4mtEfXpa8p3E7L3ISKha-hEayBxFefUx0Jsid5oljiiENzOvW2-eOWlpPBlg4x6mDe3QjdsqlTwpPvrsIX-4EoD1qIo0LhR3broIWPvL5FguM8aV__9PSZw0whIOsP8TOlbg8w

y4m4XrqjxFR9AwmDGs0Hq2Qx1LR1ZOQKBNdJtCmWqDwpEvtSfaPJukhZ3mMYQBHwpnW8mxFLSqLLDHkZub0JcIQU7VlC-eXRwz_z6Uy0HXUR11_jvprOpbaCzwbKje_-43rMjYMgXSO4iEsLOlu9911CJK6IQXswKrXI_wuBX9jgiYXPGU-CxD_W5AF49hOYm5KWevOpV7OGe29x34t6XDUvA

y4mTieyOzMZ_cKwWortybXWqmIYJfcJNgkkEIb_xbn0pWO-GeeumWfYc1H-NQWDOqn3pp9xJTQP3qXuPWEmxSywphmfFcEHoTsQE4OadIOXoZ3a88RJAYc9GfF_pWa3VozIbl_qP9d5UVnoRJzVVr0bEoXwSveWjydbiRMjHYbvx9HgakPs-7yjYxLbNh-ZWbWreUelY6oIvpEfh-23Y8p4Wg

A peek inside the Mobius Maxi (pre-release sample).

The case is held together with 2No small screws at the front of the case, and two lugs at the rear of the case. The lens holder sits within the split barrel opening at the front of the case. This will make it much easier to accommodate any third party lenses than the Mobius 1, where some lenses would clash with the case. Also note that the FRP lens holder has a set screw for easy focus adjustment and lens replacement. The Maxi comes with a 950mAh battery, which is enough for 140 minutes at 2.7k 30fps or 100 minutes at 1080p 60fps.
ffy90UBh.jpg

Beneath the battery is the PCB. The lens ribbon cable connects to both the PCB and the lens module with a socket and clamping bar, similar in design to the Mobius 1 and Mobius 2. Note that the battery connector is smaller than that on the M1 and M2. It is understood to be the same as that used in the Mobius Mini. At the top of the case you can see an antenna for the WiFi function, which is not yet enabled on the Maxi.
7vwTlSQh.jpg

Seeing battery in case makes me think there is plenty of room for a Capacitor, so I don't foresee them having any problems with completing this part of the project.
@TonyM . However I do have another question Tony, What is the distance between the Maxi's lens mount screw holes into the ribbon housing with the B lens which should be the same for both lens types, please don't tell me its 18mm like on the Mobius 1, They are almost impossible to find!!

Last edited:
The images look very good. I'll buy one, maybe several, as soon as they add low fps settings

Back