Mobius Maxi F1.5 2.7k

First look at the Maxi A and Maxi B lenses

There is little practical difference in Field of View between the two Maxi lenses, despite the different values quoted:
Lens A 135deg / Lens B 150deg (diagonal)
The eBay listings for the Maxi have recently been updated, now stating that Lens B has a 130deg FOV
1532537902480.png

The eBay listings for the Maxi have recently been updated, now stating that Lens B has a 130deg FOV
So the lens used has been changed?

Is there advance image setting for the maxi in msetup like the mobius?
Mobius_006.jpg

I posted in response to a forum member questioning the authenticity of the camera.

I was a reseller of the #16/Mobius Products long before Bangood.

That was my first posting to the forum.

Please get your facts straight.

Thanks.

It is a long standing house rule that vendors are NOT PERMITTED to post links to their websites regardless of the rationalization for doing so. Please get YOUR facts straight.

As suggested and linked to yesterday, kindly read @DashCamMan's thread dated 1/28/15 - Retailers No Longer Allowed to Post Links to Their Site

Last edited:
Rules apply to all retailers. Understand that not everyone may be aware of the rules hence the reason for deleting the post and moving on.

Do you understand that spam is unsolicited?

Your member was asking for a legitimate source for the camera.

Again, why is my response an issue? Are you going to suspend the member that asked for help, contrary to your rules?

Also, you have previously talked up banggood, and have tolerated/encouraged revenue sharing links on your forums.

any news on that?

Found this add, I believe we can trust this seller to sell originals only?

Saves you a fiver...

Example:

http://www.banggood.com/Mobius-Maxi-2_7K-135150-FOV-ActionCam-Action-Sport-Camera-Driving-Recorder-G-sensor-DashCam-FPV-p-1318797.html

Would it be okay for me to post revenue sharing links on your forum?

Do you understand that spam is unsolicited?

Your member was asking for a legitimate source for the camera.

Again, why is my response an issue? Are you going to suspend the member that asked for help, contrary to your rules?

Also, you have previously talked up banggood, and have tolerated/encouraged revenue sharing links on your forums.

Example:

http://www.banggood.com/Mobius-Maxi-2_7K-135150-FOV-ActionCam-Action-Sport-Camera-Driving-Recorder-G-sensor-DashCam-FPV-p-1318797.html

Would it be okay for me to post revenue sharing links on your forum?

If you would take the time to read @DashCamMan's original thread that's been linked here several times now you would know the answers to your questions plus the reasons for the rule, but in any event, members can post links to products and web sites and in fact many such member posted links generate revenue for DCT. Retailers however, can't post links to their own sites.

BTW, if you set up a thread for BuyMobius over in the Vendors forum, you can post any links to BuyMobius you wish there. Then if you want, you could refer members to your vendor's thread.

Last edited:
Well, it is nice to know that members can shill for profit.

Again, I apologize for trying to help a member out.

I won't post here again, unless it is in compliance to your rules.

Thanks.

Well, it is nice to know that members can shill for profit.

Again, I apologize for trying to help a member out.

I won't post here again, unless it is in compliance to your rules.

Thanks.
Members cannot shill for profit but they can post links. Some of the links are automatically converted to affiliate links which funds the site.

Retailers are not allowed to post links to their site period outside the vendor forum.

If you don't like the rules, no one is forcing you to be a member or post.

So the lens used has been changed?
I don't think the lens has changed - they just updated the listing to be more accurate. Both lenses A and B have an almost identical FOV, so listing them at 130/135deg seems right to me. FWIW I've never actually measured the FOV myself, just compared the lenses against each other.

Banggood have a habit of selling things that they don't actually have in stock, learnt never to trust their listings, never again

Banggood have a habit of selling things that they don't actually have in stock, learnt never to trust their listings, never again
They are giving **** points for the delay lol

Like you I had a similar bad experience with Banggood offering an item for sale that was not in stock but they took steps to address this problem long ago. I gave them another chance and now order from them all the time and have not encountered this problem even once for at least three years now. I think it's time to stop repeatedly badmouthing Banggood over a single bad experience you had years in the past.

In the past, Banggood might have listed the Maxi as in stock, taken orders for it, charged your credit and put you on a back-order list that could take months to fulfill. Here, they clearly state that the item is "coming soon", is "under restocking" and they provide a mechanism to be alerted when it arrives.

bggood.jpg

Last edited:
For those who preorder, I think it stated 30th July as ship out date.

Like you I had a similar bad experience with Banggood offering an item for sale that was not in stock but they took steps to address this problem long ago. I gave them another chance and now order from them all the time and have not encountered this problem even once for at least three years now. I think it's time to stop repeatedly badmouthing Banggood over a single bad experience you had years in the past.

In the past, Banggood might have listed the Maxi as in stock, taken orders for it, charged your credit and put you on a back-order list that could take months to fulfill. Here, they clearly state that the item is "coming soon", is "under restocking" and they provide a mechanism to be alerted when it arrives.

they added salt to the wound by not only listing something they didn't have but also charging express shipping at an inflated price for something they ended up sending 5 weeks later, I'm not the only one that has had similar treatment from them in the past, if they've improved their listings that's good, I still wouldn't buy from them again though

they added salt to the wound by not only listing something they didn't have but also charging express shipping at an inflated price for something they ended up sending 5 weeks later, I'm not the only one that has had similar treatment from them in the past, if they've improved their listings that's good, I still wouldn't buy from them again though

Yeah, like I said, I had a similar bad experience with them too that finally resulted in a PayPal dispute and a refund after months of BS and hassling. I'm glad I gave them another change however because they offer a lot of unique, hard to find items, especially tools and DIY parts and my experience with them ever since the bad experience back in 2015 has been very positive. There have been a few very minor glitches here and there that they've been very prompt and efficient in resolving to my satisfaction.

Yeah, like I said, I had a similar bad experience with them too that finally resulted in a PayPal dispute and a refund after months of BS and hassling. I'm glad I gave them another change however because they offer a lot of unique, hard to find items, especially tools and DIY parts and my experience with them ever since the bad experience back in 2015 has been very positive. There have been a few very minor glitches here and there that they've been very prompt and efficient in resolving to my satisfaction.

I'm glad you got it worked out, I had a bunch of back and forth with them that just frustrated things with their nonsense responses, for the record for anyone wanting to purchase a Mobius I will always recommend buying direct from the eletoponline365 eBay store, have had multiple instances of excellent service and very fast delivery each time

Back