Mobius Maxi in a tractor trailer

dash riposki

Reaction score
Country
Thailand
Dash Cam
too many
Geeze, did I need a 5th mobius? The M1's turned out to be disgustingly reliable, but the night video was seriously lacking. The Maxi seems to finally improved on this.

I'm still running the battery, not ordered a capacitor kit, yet.

As mentioned in another thread, Motion Detection doesn't seem to work well enough (yet) to bother with.

I didn't find the LED lights on the earlier mobius to be distracting or overly noticeable. The bigger top light is more noticeable, I don't think distracting, (Mounted inverted at top of windshield) but I turned it off anyway when playing with the motion detection. One thing I noticed with motion detection is the multi-colored top light would come on when the camera was idle, rear light off. When motion was detected, the top light went off, rear light turn on and flash as it recorded.

Night video seems good enough for my purposes to use the Maxi as a primary cam. (I usually have two forward mounting cams in the truck) I haven't tweaked with any advanced settings, just the normal configuration stuff.

Donner Pass on a rainy, winter day. The snow is 'old'. (I tend to listen to tropical music when I'm sick of winter conditions, this is Khmer pop music in the background) :)

A big 'snowblower' at work on the old snow, same day.

Dark, icy road in Minnesota.

I thought I saved multiple video segments related to the following incident, but only find the 'last' one.
The truck ahead of me had passed me at high speed in a no passing zone on a snowy back road in Montana.
(That video not saved)
I caught up to him a few minutes later when he had to stop to let a herd of cows cross the road. (You can see the cows and quad cowboys on the right)
I intended to post him passing....but somehow missed saving the video from the Maxi.

Last edited:
Back