Mobius Maxi New Edition

to make use if the wifi it do have.

which means the "mobius official" app is ONLY for the maxi and not for the M1 or Mini....

which means the "mobius official" app is ONLY for the maxi and not for the M1 or Mini....
the same app could be used for both, wifi for one, cable for the others, they may see no need for that though if there are apps for the other models already

If Mobius are going to develop their first smartphone app, it seems logical to me that:
a) they would keep it simple and focus on one camera to begin with
b) support a camera which is currently not supported by third-party apps
c) use WiFi rather than troublesome OTG USB cables

If the app is successful, maybe they can develop it further to support more cameras and USB connection

if only wifi was as easy as a cabled connection
Fair point. I suppose both connection types have their own problems.

I've tried 3 or 4 different otg cables and adapters but I simply cannot get the cable connection to work between a Mobius 1 and my newest phone (Google Pixel), even though the same app works fine on my two older phones.

The phones keep changing, therefore this is a phone problem and one which the phone developers need to fix. Impossible to make an app which works with every phone, and you can't expect cam app developers to create yet another app when a new phone comes out every few weeks. Put the blame where it belongs which is not on Mobius this time round :rolleyes: :giggle: :geek:

Phil

The phones keep changing, therefore this is a phone problem and one which the phone developers need to fix. Impossible to make an app which works with every phone, and you can't expect cam app developers to create yet another app when a new phone comes out every few weeks. Put the blame where it belongs which is not on Mobius this time round :rolleyes::giggle::geek:

Phil

apps are a nightmare, there are so many variations it's ridiculous

For aiming the camera I use the MobiusActionCam android app and an OTG USB cable. The app has not been updated to allow changing the Maxi configuration, but live view works just fine.

Mobius are also working on their own app.
This used to be a free downloadable app right? But now you have to purchase it to be able to use settings etc once plugged into a otg usb cable into the mobius?

This used to be a free downloadable app right? But now you have to purchase it to be able to use settings etc once plugged into a otg usb cable into the mobius?

From what I remember it's always been paid. There's a one time trial to check if things work fine with your phone and OTG cable before paying.

it was free originally, that changed a few years back, he stopped the app for a while and people complained so it came back with a small charge instead

it was free originally, that changed a few years back, he stopped the app for a while and people complained so it came back with a small charge instead
I love freeware as much as anyone. Some programs are worth paying for.

We must remember that those who write the programs (such as isoprop) spend a large number of hours putting together the programs that we all want. I do not believe that a program like this that is written by someone NOT working for the maker of the hardware can be expected to be completely free of charge. The small price tag attached does not create a high wage for the software author when the hours actually spent in development including debugging and the time spent in school to be able to write such programs are considered.

While we might be able to say the developer of the hardware should provide the free software we need this is software from an outside expert who asks for a very small amount considering the versatility the programs offers to end users.

Back