Mobius Maxi Wi-Fi

I found this thread super helpful after purchasing my Mobius Maxi - first off thanks for everyone (especially TonyM's) contributions.

I just updated the firmware from 2.11 to 2.26 and now the WiFi on the Mobius isn't showing up to be detected by my phone (Google Pixel 2 on Android 9). I installed the new firmware using the latest mSetup (v5.0.6.0) and have the latest MobiusMaxi Android App (v1.03) installed.

I tried both using turning on the WiFi manually using the top right mode button after starting up and setting the "Auto WiFi start" feature in setting, and in both situations after upgrading to 2.26, the Mobius WiFi doesn't show up (e.g., MobiusMaxi_XXXX wifi). I have default settings for everything else and made share auto-start wasn't. I tried rolling the firmware back to 2.11 and I have no problems with the WiFi coming up, but I would like to use the new features in 2.26 (especially keeping WiFi connected after recording).

Anyone have similar issues or troubleshooting to recommend?

I have no problems seeing the Maxi WiFi with my Google Pixel 1 on android 9 with FW v2.26.

Sorry, I'm not sure what to suggest at the moment. You have things working on V2.11, and have auto record disabled. Does the flashing red led appear, to show that wifi is enabled?

Yep, things are working on v2.11, but not on v2.26. Auto record is disabled and flashing red led is showing normal operation (just like it does in v2.11 when I'm able to get it to work). I sent a email to app@mobiusactioncam.com, they suggested charging the battery in case it was a lower power issue, but I tried it fully powered and the WiFi source signal showing up with still an issue on v2.26.

Not sure if its a defective unit or further troubleshooting is required, I am following up via email. Open to any other suggestions as well.

Does your phone not see the wifi signal at all? Do you have any other phone or tablet at home or at work that you can use to check whether the Maxi is broadcasting an SSID?

The app is for v2.26 is different than V2.11, but that should not affect whether or not you can even see the WiFi signal in the first place.

The new FW v2.26 is programmed to not allow a wifi connection if the camera battery is low, which explains the response from Mobius.

I found this thread super helpful after purchasing my Mobius Maxi - first off thanks for everyone (especially TonyM's) contributions.

I just updated the firmware from 2.11 to 2.26 and now the WiFi on the Mobius isn't showing up to be detected by my phone (Google Pixel 2 on Android 9). I installed the new firmware using the latest mSetup (v5.0.6.0) and have the latest MobiusMaxi Android App (v1.03) installed.

I tried both using turning on the WiFi manually using the top right mode button after starting up and setting the "Auto WiFi start" feature in setting, and in both situations after upgrading to 2.26, the Mobius WiFi doesn't show up (e.g., MobiusMaxi_XXXX wifi). I have default settings for everything else and made share auto-start wasn't. I tried rolling the firmware back to 2.11 and I have no problems with the WiFi coming up, but I would like to use the new features in 2.26 (especially keeping WiFi connected after recording).

Anyone have similar issues or troubleshooting to recommend?
I've recently updated to Android 9 on my OnePlus3T phone and had issues connecting to the Maxi wifi with the app - although the phone did see the wifi network and connected to it. Only after I used "forget network" and "allow connecting to network without internet connection" it allowed me to connect again. Have you tried using "forget network" on your Pixel ?

It seems every time I want to connect my Android 9 phone to Maxi wifi and have the app successfully connect to the camera, I have to use "forget network" and enter the password .
If I don't use "forget network", I can connect to the Maxi wifi but the app wouldn't connect to the camera. I didn't have this issue with Android 8 so it must be an Android thing. Did anyone ever find a solution for this annoyance?

It seems every time I want to connect my Android 9 phone to Maxi wifi and have the app successfully connect to the camera, I have to use "forget network" and enter the password .
If I don't use "forget network", I can connect to the Maxi wifi but the app wouldn't connect to the camera. I didn't have this issue with Android 8 so it must be an Android thing. Did anyone ever find a solution for this annoyance?
Yes, it's an Android thing that happens with other cameras too. I always "forget network" before I turn off WiFi on any of my WiFi-enabled cameras.

It's an Android 9 thing, go into wifi preferences and make sure enable cellular when wifi has no internet (description can vary) is on, it's normally off by default

852604e84ee8b45cd33338d9c254ba1c.jpg

Normally this is due to the Google API updated.

It's an Android 9 thing, go into wifi preferences and make sure enable cellular when wifi has no internet (description can vary) is on, it's normally off by default

852604e84ee8b45cd33338d9c254ba1c.jpg
I have this option already enabled under a different name - OnePlus calls it Smart Wifi Switcher,
but with similar description "Automatically switch between Wifi network or mobile data, depending on connectivity and signal strength".
the interesting thing is, if I search in settings for "turn on Wi-Fi automatically", it finds "your" option - but that goes nowhere..so I assume it is the same option just with a changed name

I have few questions:

1) Is there a way to rename the wifi name that the maxi broadcasts?
3) I am having an issue with it recording via motion detection. If I have wifi turned on, it won't automatically record via motion detection. Motion detection appears to work when the wifi is off. Is this normal?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Last edited:
Would be good if can change wifi ssid name.

Using FW 2.11, Android 5.0.1 and Mobius Cam V1.0.3, after setting up the first time,
when I turn on maxi's wifi the next time, it connects to phone automatically.

In Mobius Cam V1.0.3, some words are in full capital letters and some first letters are not in caps...

Attachments

• 1.png
    1.png
    343.8 KB · Views: 11
Normal and advance settings

Attachments

• 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    87.9 KB · Views: 9
When switching mode through app, can disable the 'beep beep' sound?
Instead, vibrate the phone to acknowledge a mode change could be better for loud environments?

Also, "auto off with..." has no spacing at the bottom:
This is on 480x854 screen.

Attachments

• 1.png
    1.png
    92.3 KB · Views: 4
Last edited:
Is there a landscape mode for a larger preview?

Attachments

• 2.png
    2.png
    577.6 KB · Views: 11
Last edited:
Back