Mobius Maxi Wi-Fi

jealous of android phone users. come on Apple approve the iOS app already! lol

I would say android are just mode out there, but thats not really true, and both platforms have let all manner of nasty things in form of APPs slip thru to their sales desk.
I don't really like either, The fruit company i have never even tried one of their products aside for taking 1 picture with a nieces phone once, so i favor android none the less, but it only come out on top with less than 5% over the other platform, so in all honesty just my poison of choice.
I would prefer something new all together on handheld and stationary platforms cuz windows im not really too happy about either.
I am looking forward to when i can retire my current phone and be free again, but ATM i am obliged to carry it for family reasons, when thats done with i will probably go phone free again but maybe get a AP in my car and a tablet.
I think if it wasent for Steve Jobs, and the way the MP3 player and later the I phone was marketed and some users i would have a more relaxed feel towards the brand, might even have tried one of their products.
On the desktop side of things i never considered a MAC and i only joined windows with win 98 se as DOS support was fading fast by then.
I am lazy, many of my problems i have created for myself, that might be stupid but at least i am not stupid on the expense of other people,,,, not that i haven't been that kind of guy too, but that was not with tec related stuff.

I even had to look at mobile data #2 times, cuz first i have to admit i thought it was off, but no sir or was on alright.
The 12 mm Lens on my Maxi are funny, the in focus distance are a set size so i have to focus it to the distance where it can capture plates, but this mean things closer or further out are out of focus to a degree.
I have written a letter to Santa telling i want to try another one if he have a surplus one from his present factory, but i have a feeling i will have to hit up the same sources people have found for aftermarket lenses.
And thats alright too i have to source a "zoom" lens for the rear of my car, something 70 - 80 degrees FOV i think, but this are a spring 2019 thing.

The Nokis 6.1 was / is a phone i have eyeballed too in regard to if my UMI let go ( it some times act weird ) my friend got the Nokia 8 a few months ago.

Tried out the app last Friday and happy to report it's all working great! Perhaps not the most intuitive menu design but once you figure it out it works fine.

With the fact I can now download videos over wifi I have no more use for my SD card extension cable. That damn extension cable caused me 2 months of grief and probably £20 in parts to get it right, and it still messed enough with my car's GPS signal that it would fully lose its fix. All of that work for nothing now! o_O

But good news is that GPS works perfectly again and now pretty much done with my stealth install (y)

Today's firmware update to V2.11 enables the Wi-Fi module in the Maxi. This is accompanied by the release of a Maxi Wi-Fi Android app available from the Google Play Store. The iOS app has finished testing and is being prepared for release via the Apple app store - LINK to follow.

The app is compatible only with the Mobius Maxi. It cannot be used with previous Mobius camera models such as the Mobius 1 or 2.

The app provides a very useful live video/photo preview. It allows the user to adjust all the available configuration parameters. It also offers streaming and download of files stored on the microSD card.

To enable Wi-Fi on the Maxi, long-press the Mode button when the camera is in standby. At present, the app cannot be used whilst the camera is recording. The rear red LED will flash continuously whilst the camera is waiting for a Wi-Fi connection. On your mobile device, look for the camera under Wi-Fi networks. Each Maxi has its own unique SSID. The default password is 1234567890. Depending on your device version it may request confirmation to use a Wi-Fi source with no internet access. After connecting to the camera Wi-Fi, then you can open the app and click on Connect to Mobius.

y4mvDRnNesm7O6Q0r1BX-YG6mZlTgm7sW6qwVqYx5_grtrCHfouyRLxiiI_N05RskrMuFpPKzOcoa3Jb6TfUMU_640B5lvIAGm511LVQix-F5Nfix6gtmcsxbbFMeKyKistnsR4N1KmGWvMYqUeC-SdJfOyRgU0mJrHlKMTf9EJ6uzqa6EN3mJruCIC9k97-IbFad3E64sfL9i4C9E4kuJNjg
y4mwgxSvOn50QVDykIQTo24zY40JUPXZje-PrvIILin5QFqGNMKyWJ7_mE7HqYUY91N_h_X0Rty808KOk1FdW9eMhF_lF87tT-PyPAW51_uJqefrmV8_4hJuS_EPYIkVEcc2SDa8GWJ8j8yV1_3ZBkhdfKWDTmWunhkWpfKWLEsjGNNdhWvHqRCbn7PzvPwhS9_ya5rhw_qr4jVnvQo5vE6XQ
y4mQVSxe8lkqn0cIOdbvD_AZ43YZhN3fJ2vtPthcyEgKSNJnTlVTGzSOwtIcOd2i4f8dKDhrAmigxzKn7WO8ruMk9yuAj2HXVaPvni8xqj4X9MLEiHiHU0S0l63lKMXiaqFgzq8PBoiPgKcETJb57Vk8BWRjRSKR3t-92tA_13FQM39B49IwV8IO5dQVZZa0T5bfbraaZpN7x4258Jgz5jMUg

The default portrait view shows a video preview along with the Maxi battery status and remaining recording duration. There is also a zoom option that lets you drag a slider and zoom in up to 4x to check/adjust the camera focus. This is particularly useful for adjusting focus in the car. The third photo shows the preview zoomed in 4x when using a varifocal lens.

y4mqLwfnIoM37YojG4HmikqyRFuZurUf1vqJXizFDtpc_nUhidQ60lUFW2ytRg5qRh_7t_0Sxd-wsIEDszRxkuAle7mjwIVi5kLGlJOjdf1U77CDC4o3-KicRVaRbfaoxfrE7h6Stho9cVaXXjdZbYdduJ7Hjq9Nzy4BhwuHrJbfyJbFUWSlQPOk-m_dIc3J0aj4HwdGo1d3uxH9KOVPpsFcQ
y4mLxEkm_nMitA1TyWvtyrKiZ0Vx7Le-f4ivjlQXOvxIrzojTXIWAvY0UEoTaTDV9sNapjJ9jg0_pEF-JmlzouEn8mjSCCLL_4_USWp1E1VEav32PiOlInruuBzsDFBDngRLQKv19VYJPrQGb9UVm8Q6rmnLkL8M3KPNgfdh4HIv1Q6TtZqjq-s25PCdoHC2wiUZxahC8t8ul4wrk4UESo6OA
y4ma96vMOlNs_kjLyQqcDkswB8ScUCIyP6O2O0-PXd5d_6Io4RdnRsugP9nvub9J7COjKefjNJO2pAeDyzTVkEnqgQ_NZUgJ9uzI3FwPEYtfhXcaxRRSWs3-JpScjZsR3AjSXQ-D2-zkLA57l7oljzYCDiOqWdV7aIVHoaYwyr-bDrfJO3R6yjITNxVh5GEZ3HWo0v1pNORux6kV6QAwlCDVg

Below the video preview screen is a rotating toggle between Video Mode 1, Video Mode 2, Photo Mode and Multimedia. The red central button is the record button. If pressed whilst in either video mode, a recording will commence but the camera connection will be lost. It is not possible to record video whilst maintaining the WiFi connection. Photos can be captured without losing the WiFi connection.

The Multimedia page lets you browse and play video and photo files stored on the microSD card, or download them to your device. I managed a download speed around 20Mbps - other devices may vary. I was able to play a 60Mbps 2.7k video file over Wi-Fi without any issue, so perhaps the camera reduces the resolution/bitrate on the fly to achieve this?

The default Setting page shows the most commonly-used camera settings. Tap the Advanced toggle to show the full list of settings.

y4mg_AEkoABf1xNye5NYtdaYZpB9aiBxoV3PeAz2Oyj2nxvWtuTffuxhZmTlz8zYE4dYuWd-xIoKxpPlTGI7TOX-NZ-9i4Y_8ywXLTiIzXWm2q3g9RhndNIprXxC_6uILvnBir3PwDCx4oR9Bgo1EPbP2sbJSwlxuS95t8pGDcJkC-jt4O1sqyREBvvS2QylReMDpJY8h2QsvHT52G4iBXLmw
y4m7OxLBXS3N5-kBqYsdtF4pqopFIt9UrFAo7RZyhDN8xqMniafeGJNzKM7zl5BD32MqTATGRFxGydlrQ1dxkXzoRCltkc9gKqETzTtWlfSsUPnVfxsYZKs-9HI10OoNIeFDM4gtMJmgIUb4Jfp5dzwzi3eZq9nLspA2aqKZO3vJDrSHW5C3UDwlHOjvnITl_VP-F96jC5IzrK5RqaX3li4rw
y4mm5v-4jM51NjCgCe67GCyO6Re1lcKNt545KF3IA4aUF-4N6ohkggLfWkw8MYm9rHGhjF80NwWF9H12L-lhkIuCtMaBsv9UmlA00fC1AHEF2Ww2LaqmiSjIpW20OGfoGdAGHIgewOoXhfnxEUQ-IB9LP15EoSIUoGh8KA32G5etWlNsivrhXwt-ydqmvs35TCdCoU0Zz2Z61mQseGeRzZkIA
Can you format the sd card with the app?

Funny thing, today i could not connect to the camera with mobile data on, :confused: i don't get this as nothing have changed since yesterday.

My phones connect with mobile data on, but I need to forget the connection then reconnect each time. Not all devices work the same way, but I would suggest forgetting the WiFi connection if you have not already tried that.

No problem, as long as i can connect the 2 and tweak / aim.

But i recon it wont be long before people start to ask for the ability to see the steam while recording ( though silly in dashcam use ) and probably auto wifi launch on boot too.

I guess they will have to wait to get that if it's possible at all. Mobius development is somewhat slow, but in their favor the updates they give usually work well when released which is not always the case with other cams :cautious: I'm sure this "wifi activation" update is going to increase the sales considerably as it seems most of the newer cam buyers want that. And then when they get it, they discover how limited it is with dashcams and then they come to DCT and ask why :rolleyes:

I wish they would now get onto the other issues with the Maxi, but as wonky as the Android platform is they will probably be spending the next six months trying to get the app to work on most phones like Blueskysea has had to do with the B1W app :( IMHO that takes too much effort for too little gain, but at least with the Maxi you do have other methods like msetup to access the cam with so a wonky app is not as critical :p

Phil

where's the iOS App already? is it a Apple hold up or is Mobius having issues with the iOS App? Usually apple approves new Apps within 24 hours and releases it to the iOS App Store...

where's the iOS App already? is it a Apple hold up or is Mobius having issues with the iOS App? Usually apple approves new Apps within 24 hours and releases it to the iOS App Store...

updates can happen in 24 hours, first time apps can take a lot longer

Today's firmware update to V2.11 enables the Wi-Fi module in the Maxi. This is accompanied by the release of a Maxi Wi-Fi Android app available from the Google Play Store. The iOS app has finished testing and is being prepared for release via the Apple app store - LINK to follow.

The app is compatible only with the Mobius Maxi. It cannot be used with previous Mobius camera models such as the Mobius 1 or 2.

The app provides a very useful live video/photo preview. It allows the user to adjust all the available configuration parameters. It also offers streaming and download of files stored on the microSD card.

To enable Wi-Fi on the Maxi, long-press the Mode button when the camera is in standby. At present, the app cannot be used whilst the camera is recording. The rear red LED will flash continuously whilst the camera is waiting for a Wi-Fi connection. On your mobile device, look for the camera under Wi-Fi networks. Each Maxi has its own unique SSID. The default password is 1234567890. Depending on your device version it may request confirmation to use a Wi-Fi source with no internet access. After connecting to the camera Wi-Fi, then you can open the app and click on Connect to Mobius.

y4mvDRnNesm7O6Q0r1BX-YG6mZlTgm7sW6qwVqYx5_grtrCHfouyRLxiiI_N05RskrMuFpPKzOcoa3Jb6TfUMU_640B5lvIAGm511LVQix-F5Nfix6gtmcsxbbFMeKyKistnsR4N1KmGWvMYqUeC-SdJfOyRgU0mJrHlKMTf9EJ6uzqa6EN3mJruCIC9k97-IbFad3E64sfL9i4C9E4kuJNjg
y4mwgxSvOn50QVDykIQTo24zY40JUPXZje-PrvIILin5QFqGNMKyWJ7_mE7HqYUY91N_h_X0Rty808KOk1FdW9eMhF_lF87tT-PyPAW51_uJqefrmV8_4hJuS_EPYIkVEcc2SDa8GWJ8j8yV1_3ZBkhdfKWDTmWunhkWpfKWLEsjGNNdhWvHqRCbn7PzvPwhS9_ya5rhw_qr4jVnvQo5vE6XQ
y4mQVSxe8lkqn0cIOdbvD_AZ43YZhN3fJ2vtPthcyEgKSNJnTlVTGzSOwtIcOd2i4f8dKDhrAmigxzKn7WO8ruMk9yuAj2HXVaPvni8xqj4X9MLEiHiHU0S0l63lKMXiaqFgzq8PBoiPgKcETJb57Vk8BWRjRSKR3t-92tA_13FQM39B49IwV8IO5dQVZZa0T5bfbraaZpN7x4258Jgz5jMUg

The default portrait view shows a video preview along with the Maxi battery status and remaining recording duration. There is also a zoom option that lets you drag a slider and zoom in up to 4x to check/adjust the camera focus. This is particularly useful for adjusting focus in the car. The third photo shows the preview zoomed in 4x when using a varifocal lens.

y4mqLwfnIoM37YojG4HmikqyRFuZurUf1vqJXizFDtpc_nUhidQ60lUFW2ytRg5qRh_7t_0Sxd-wsIEDszRxkuAle7mjwIVi5kLGlJOjdf1U77CDC4o3-KicRVaRbfaoxfrE7h6Stho9cVaXXjdZbYdduJ7Hjq9Nzy4BhwuHrJbfyJbFUWSlQPOk-m_dIc3J0aj4HwdGo1d3uxH9KOVPpsFcQ
y4mLxEkm_nMitA1TyWvtyrKiZ0Vx7Le-f4ivjlQXOvxIrzojTXIWAvY0UEoTaTDV9sNapjJ9jg0_pEF-JmlzouEn8mjSCCLL_4_USWp1E1VEav32PiOlInruuBzsDFBDngRLQKv19VYJPrQGb9UVm8Q6rmnLkL8M3KPNgfdh4HIv1Q6TtZqjq-s25PCdoHC2wiUZxahC8t8ul4wrk4UESo6OA
y4ma96vMOlNs_kjLyQqcDkswB8ScUCIyP6O2O0-PXd5d_6Io4RdnRsugP9nvub9J7COjKefjNJO2pAeDyzTVkEnqgQ_NZUgJ9uzI3FwPEYtfhXcaxRRSWs3-JpScjZsR3AjSXQ-D2-zkLA57l7oljzYCDiOqWdV7aIVHoaYwyr-bDrfJO3R6yjITNxVh5GEZ3HWo0v1pNORux6kV6QAwlCDVg

Below the video preview screen is a rotating toggle between Video Mode 1, Video Mode 2, Photo Mode and Multimedia. The red central button is the record button. If pressed whilst in either video mode, a recording will commence but the camera connection will be lost. It is not possible to record video whilst maintaining the WiFi connection. Photos can be captured without losing the WiFi connection.

The Multimedia page lets you browse and play video and photo files stored on the microSD card, or download them to your device. I managed a download speed around 20Mbps - other devices may vary. I was able to play a 60Mbps 2.7k video file over Wi-Fi without any issue, so perhaps the camera reduces the resolution/bitrate on the fly to achieve this?

The default Setting page shows the most commonly-used camera settings. Tap the Advanced toggle to show the full list of settings.

y4mg_AEkoABf1xNye5NYtdaYZpB9aiBxoV3PeAz2Oyj2nxvWtuTffuxhZmTlz8zYE4dYuWd-xIoKxpPlTGI7TOX-NZ-9i4Y_8ywXLTiIzXWm2q3g9RhndNIprXxC_6uILvnBir3PwDCx4oR9Bgo1EPbP2sbJSwlxuS95t8pGDcJkC-jt4O1sqyREBvvS2QylReMDpJY8h2QsvHT52G4iBXLmw
y4m7OxLBXS3N5-kBqYsdtF4pqopFIt9UrFAo7RZyhDN8xqMniafeGJNzKM7zl5BD32MqTATGRFxGydlrQ1dxkXzoRCltkc9gKqETzTtWlfSsUPnVfxsYZKs-9HI10OoNIeFDM4gtMJmgIUb4Jfp5dzwzi3eZq9nLspA2aqKZO3vJDrSHW5C3UDwlHOjvnITl_VP-F96jC5IzrK5RqaX3li4rw
y4mm5v-4jM51NjCgCe67GCyO6Re1lcKNt545KF3IA4aUF-4N6ohkggLfWkw8MYm9rHGhjF80NwWF9H12L-lhkIuCtMaBsv9UmlA00fC1AHEF2Ww2LaqmiSjIpW20OGfoGdAGHIgewOoXhfnxEUQ-IB9LP15EoSIUoGh8KA32G5etWlNsivrhXwt-ydqmvs35TCdCoU0Zz2Z61mQseGeRzZkIA

Hello Tony, You had mentioned above, that the Apple iOS Mobius Link will follow. I wrote to Mobius asking the status of the alleged Mobius iOS App in the Apple App Store and below is their response... Does their response mean that the iOS App is not coming? Please advise. Thank you.

From what i understand the Apple products do not support host Host Mode, therefore cannot interface with the camera. Apps are created by third party people.
Regards,
Vince LaManna
"Home of the Mobius ActionCam"
Where We Strive for Quality Product,
Sales and Service!!
www.mobius-actioncam.com
1544462583815.png
On 12/9/2018 1:00 AM, :
Hello,​
When will the Mobius App be available in the Apple iOS Store? I saw the Android version was released 2 weeks ago... When will the iOS Versos be released and available in the Apple iOS Store? Thank you.​

Hello Tony, You had mentioned above, that the Apple iOS Mobius Link will follow. I wrote to Mobius asking the status of the alleged Mobius iOS App in the Apple App Store and below is their response... Does their response mean that the iOS App is not coming? Please advise. Thank you.

From what i understand the Apple products do not support host Host Mode, therefore cannot interface with the camera. Apps are created by third party people.
Regards,
Vince LaManna
"Home of the Mobius ActionCam"
Where We Strive for Quality Product,
Sales and Service!!
www.mobius-actioncam.com
View attachment 43563
On 12/9/2018 1:00 AM, :
Hello,​
When will the Mobius App be available in the Apple iOS Store? I saw the Android version was released 2 weeks ago... When will the iOS Versos be released and available in the Apple iOS Store? Thank you.​
Mobius-actioncam is not the official website of Mobius. They are simply a reseller.

I can assure you that an iOS app has been written and tested. I don't know why there is such a delay or when the app will be released.

Tried 2.11 with a 12mm telephoto lens. Still using Centre- Weighted.

Image still darkens like with the previous firmware.

Played around with the app a bit, settings don't seem to stick on the first go. Used the app to rotate the image but the change didn't stick, did it again the next day but still the videos were upside down, today it worked. I suggest adding a 'Save' button that gets highlighted if any changes are made, changing something and then just backing out of the menu doesn't feel right. Also hitting the back arrow icon to exit the settings menu is mostly a miss, touch is messed up, need to hit it a few times before a touch is registered.

The iPod like rotating wheel to change modes needs to be tweaked, should be able to simply touch and select modes too.

Tried 2.11 with a 12mm telephoto lens. Still using Centre- Weighted.

Image still darkens like with the previous firmware.
Interesting results. During my testing of v2.11 I felt that the darkening was less pronounced than before, although I was using the Maxi lens B rather than a telephoto lens. I'm also using multi-spot metering, but I'm not sure if that will make much difference. I recall you have tried both centre-weighted and multi-spot with similar results.

I agree the Maxi is still too sensitive to bright highlights which will need to be fixed.

Interesting results. During my testing of v2.11 I felt that the darkening was less pronounced than before, although I was using the Maxi lens B rather than a telephoto lens. I'm also using multi-spot metering, but I'm not sure if that will make much difference. I recall you have tried both centre-weighted and multi-spot with similar results.

I agree the Maxi is still too sensitive to bright highlights which will need to be fixed.

Using Centre-Weighted as Multi-Spot and Centre-Spot were affected to a higher degree.

Played around with the app a bit, settings don't seem to stick on the first go. Used the app to rotate the image but the change didn't stick, did it again the next day but still the videos were upside down, today it worked. I suggest adding a 'Save' button that gets highlighted if any changes are made, changing something and then just backing out of the menu doesn't feel right. Also hitting the back arrow icon to exit the settings menu is mostly a miss, touch is messed up, need to hit it a few times before a touch is registered.

The iPod like rotating wheel to change modes needs to be tweaked, should be able to simply touch and select modes too.
I've not had any instances of changes being made in the app that were not being applied to the camera. That certainly needs looking at. I'm about to load v2.11 so I'll try the screen rotate to see if it sticks.

We don't have a SAVE button on the OSD menu of an A119 or a SG9665GC et.al., but we do have a save button in mSetup. Why can't the app be like a camera OSD menu?

We don't have a SAVE button on the OSD menu of an A119 or a SG9665GC et.al., but we do have a save button in mSetup. Why can't the app be like a camera OSD menu?

Yeah because pressing the OK button is enough confirmation.

No harm in having similarities to mSetup. Though reassuring, I really don't care if there's a save button or not, as long as the changes stick on backing out.

Back