Mobius Maxi Wi-Fi

I've not had any instances of changes being made in the app that were not being applied to the camera. That certainly needs looking at. I'm about to load v2.11 so I'll try the screen rotate to see if it sticks.
I just updated to v2.11 then used the app to change settings. The screen rotate worked every time, no matter what other settings I also chose such as resolution, G-sensor on/off etc. Did you previously have auto-rotate turned on? In mSetup the options are on/off/auto, whereas in the app it's simply on/off.

I just updated to v2.11 then used the app to change settings. The screen rotate worked every time, no matter what other settings I also chose such as resolution, G-sensor on/off etc. Did you previously have auto-rotate turned on? In mSetup the options are on/off/auto, whereas in the app it's simply on/off.

No, rotation was off, forgot to set it via mSetup after updating. Live view within the app flipped both times but the videos didn't.

No, rotation was off, forgot to set it via mSetup after updating. Live view within the app flipped both times but the videos didn't.
OK. I was just looking at the live view on the app. I didn't actually record anything. I'll try to record a couple of clips later today.

My phones connect with mobile data on, but I need to forget the connection then reconnect each time. Not all devices work the same way, but I would suggest forgetting the WiFi connection if you have not already tried that.

Many phones, when determined that the wifi connection to the camera is NO internet connection, switch to 3 or 4G whatever you have. It's not the app doing that, but the OS on our phones. I had a Alcatel iDOL 4S that had no problems with data ON and the Joovuu X, but my current phone is a Motorola Moto Z Play and that refuses to connect when 4G DATA is ON....

I've been given to understand though, some phones can be set to Y/N switch to 4G if wifi is "bad". Maybe look into that.

Besides 4G ON/OFF issue, the WiFi works flawless? I think I should skip M2 and go for Maxi, yes?

Besides 4G ON/OFF issue, the WiFi works flawless? I think I should skip M2 and go for Maxi, yes?
I don't see many reasons to choose the M2 over the Maxi. I also think the M2 is discontinued.

The M1 is still a versatile camera and may suit you better than the Maxi depending on what you want to do with it.

The Gitup F1 with a fast lens is also an interesting option in the same camera style.

Last edited:
I don't see many reasons to choose the M2 over the Maxi. I also think the M2 is discontinued.

The M1 is still a versatile camera and may suit you better than the Maxi depending on what you want to do with it.

The Gitup F1 with a fast lens is also an interesting option in the same camera style.

I like Ambarella for dashcams, as you all know I STILL like my Joovuu X a lot, and I've seen your video with the A129 lens, and although it looks great, I don't believe it can really reliably read plates yet in night rides. Besides, F1 is substantially more expensive than the Maxi, and even though it may have more functions and features and a (slightly? Comments welcome!) better night recording than the Maxi, it makes me wonder, should I really consider the F1 for dashcam useage? I know it has true 4K, but do we really need that? As it is, even the M1 (still!) suffices in day light. What we really NEED is to read plates of MOVING cars in night recordings.... and I don't believe F1 can do that, despite 4K. Correct? Then again, that may very well never be achievable... With any AFFORDABLE dashcam.

If I buy my next camera, I also want to use it for walks in the park, celebration days, parades, (motor &) bicycle rides, holiday's, family meetings etcetera. So, maybe a step up towards F1 may be justified.

PS: I've seen a 90 and 160 degree lens version.... that's a BIG gap.... where's the "inbetween" ideal 120~140 degree version??

Last edited:
I like Ambarella for dashcams, as you all know I STILL like my Joovuu X a lot, and I've seen your video with the A129 lens, and although it looks great, I don't believe it can really reliably read plates yet in night rides. Besides, F1 is substantially more expensive than the Maxi, and even though it may have more functions and features and a (slightly? Comments welcome!) better night recording than the Maxi, it makes me wonder, should I really consider the F1 for dashcam useage? I know it has true 4K, but do we really need that? As it is, even the M1 (still!) suffices in day light. What we really NEED is to read plates of MOVING cars in night recordings.... and I don't believe F1 can do that, despite 4K. Correct? Then again, that may very well never be achievable... With any AFFORDABLE dashcam.

If I buy my next camera, I also want to use it for walks in the park, celebration days, parades, (motor &) bicycle rides, holiday's, family meetings etcetera. So, maybe a step up towards F1 may be justified.

PS: I've seen a 90 and 160 degree lens version.... that's a BIG gap.... where's the "inbetween" ideal 120~140 degree version??
GitUp are working on a fast lens version of the F1, hopefully with a capacitor.

In the meantime I'm working on a Maxi vs F1 (A129 lens) comparison. Should have something to share soon.

Just noticed this thread last night
I've now updated my firmware, tested on my front & rear maxi's and can confirm both work perfectly well using both the new firmware and android app.
Very easy to use and much better for aligning cameras and viewing/downloading footage 'on the go'
Thanks for the update TonyM!

wonder if there is a way to find out when the Apple iOS
Mobius-actioncam is not the official website of Mobius. They are simply a reseller.

I can assure you that an iOS app has been written and tested. I don't know why there is such a delay or when the app will be released.

Hi Tony, can you find out from the individual you got the information from; what the status is concerning the Apple iOS App? if you ask them maybe they know. Thank you.

Hi Tony, can you find out from the individual you got the information from; what the status is concerning the Apple iOS App? if you ask them maybe they know. Thank you.
I have asked for an update on the iOS app.

Questions / issues regarding the apps (Android and iOS) can also be sent directly to App@MobiusActionCam.com

I have asked for an update on the iOS app.
Apple requested some minor changes to the app which Mobius have done. They're now waiting for final approval.

Sounds promising! I assume that this will be an paid app? Maybe a couple of quid to purchase from the App Store

If it's a third party app it might cost something, can't see them charging for it if it's their own though

I see no reason why it should not be free

Hi TonyM, thanks for checking on the Apple iOS App, I am excited to start using it once it arrives. Thanks

Any more information regards to the mobius release date on ios App Store?

Don’t think I’ll be upgrading to the maxi anytime soon then until it’s out on iOS lol

Back