Mobius Maxi Wi-Fi

I’ve downloaded the mobius app onto my iPhone now, just need to get my ass in gear & purchase a mobius maxi at some stage!

Yup. The app is not much use without the camera!

That app is not much use with the camera either. Does not even connect to ios on firmware 2.11 - says incorrect password for network....

Last edited:
The breaking of wifi connection when record video was pressed is a major flaw. Even if it is not possible to keep wifi connection during recording (weird, not normal) it should be possible to re-connect and interrupt the recording to see live preview again.
Wifi connection for 1 time only preview is really BAD. I appreciate there is WIFI. It is something. The app is also very nice and even comes with settings change possibility. But the way it works with breaking the connection is simply stupid and unacceptable.
It would be a BIG thing it this camera would offer live preview during recording or at least offer to keep wifi connection :( I hope Mobius team really does something with it. This is deal breaking experience now.

Last edited:
Agreed with MavenDE above. Development of this cam needs to be accelerated or I fear the dashcam/action cam world is going to rush past it making adequate sales impossible.

Phil

the record button breaking wifi isn't optimal at all, but give the dev's a chance guyz, the app / firmware are completely new. i'm still stunned about mobius actually having wifi in the first place

Love the App. I was able to fine tune my lens focus and I am very Happy Mobius developed this app It is very useful

Love the App. I was able to fine tune my lens focus and I am very Happy Mobius developed this app It is very useful
Good to hear you finally got that lens focused. I do like the live preview zoom when focusing.

I order a Maxi B lens the first of March and my question is WiFi hard to setup? And can I watch the video threw WiFi on a Smartphone and a PC?

It 'might' be possible to watch live view on a PC. I know some people manage to view the rtsp stream from other WiFi-enabled cameras.

I bought 3 x Mobius Maxi and some cases. I spent 300 EUR on this topic. I was naive they will update their smartphone app with the possibility to maintain the connection during recording. At least let us
remotely stop the recording to see the live view again. but... Mobius did not update this app for months and the app in the current state is practically useless. I switched to smartphone and remote view
with TeamViewer, so I can control the recording with GSM on a flying machine. Silly from Mobius to not upgrade firmware and the app for months. I will not buy from them ever again if they
release beta product and forget about their customers. Silly approach!

I bought 3 x Mobius Maxi and some cases. I spent 300 EUR on this topic. I was naive they will update their smartphone app with the possibility to maintain the connection during recording. At least let us
remotely stop the recording to see the live view again. but... Mobius did not update this app for months and the app in the current state is practically useless. I switched to smartphone and remote view
with TeamViewer, so I can control the recording with GSM on a flying machine. Silly from Mobius to not upgrade firmware and the app for months. I will not buy from them ever again if they
release beta product and forget about their customers. Silly approach!
The WiFi feature is still in development. It's a new aspect of camera technology for Mobius to integrate into hardware and firmware, in addition to writing smartphone applications.

Did anyone here experienced the Maxi heating and then freezing up while using Wifi feature to play recordings etc?

Did anyone here experienced the Maxi heating and then freezing up while using Wifi feature to play recordings etc?
I just recorded video for 30min drive + 10min parked, then played back 5 min video over WiFi without any freezing. Playback stutters a bit, but is continuous.
1080p30 at extreme quality setting. Android 9.

I just recorded video for 30min drive + 10min parked, then played back 5 min video over WiFi without any freezing. Playback stutters a bit, but is continuous.
1080p30 at extreme quality setting. Android 9.
Was the Maxi hot when you connected to Wifi? it works fine for me only its not that hot

The WiFi feature is still in development. It's a new aspect of camera technology for Mobius to integrate into hardware and firmware, in addition to writing smartphone applications.
I have lost my hope already. Do you have any information on when they plan to update this app and firmware to add what I wrote about?

I have lost my hope already. Do you have any information on when they plan to update this app and firmware to add what I wrote about?
No, I cannot say when those features will be ready for release. I have been testing them for a few weeks.

From my limited experience, wifi seems to be a pain to get working reliably on all platforms.

Back