Mobius Mini and supercap? Anyone tried it before? DON'T have to anymore, it WORKS!!

You can buy various small, inexpensive delay timers on eBay that would do what jokiin is talking about.

https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=m570.l1313&_nkw=delay+timer&_sacat=0

View attachment 48272

View attachment 48273

Maybe, but that feels like shooting for the moon and ending up on Mars.

Didn't we have that discussion years back with the M1? You know, the diesel delay? Or did that only work with the battery versions? There was a power on delay in the setup, didn't find that for the mini.

It's like this, I take the camera with me to the bike, place it, connect the cable, start the engine. Fttb, I think I'll just change that sequence of actions there....

Maybe, but that feels like shooting for the moon and ending up on Mars.

Didn't we have that discussion years back with the M1? You know, the diesel delay? Or did that only work with the battery versions? There was a power on delay in the setup, didn't find that for the mini.

It's like this, I take the camera with me to the bike, place it, connect the cable, start the engine. Fttb, I think I'll just change that sequence of actions there....
yes if you're manually connecting each time then it's even easier, don't connect it until after you start the bike

thought of those also, would need a bit of work to make them bike friendly, @dirkzelf is not adverse to a bit of DIY though so he might be up for it

Mêh.... proud as I am to finally afford me this bike, I don't really want to do to much to the electrical system (let alone cutting/modding the fairings), I need this one to last as long as possible, and need it to be as reliable as it can be, since I'm going to commute, i.e. if they'll allow me to drive trucks again after the heart/vessel-thingie.... :cautious:

yes if you're manually connecting each time then it's even easier, don't connect it until after you start the bike

don't get me wrong, I was actually initially thinking of doing that fixed thing, but after much consideration I realized that I'm always taking the camera off and into the house anyways .... :rolleyes:

You know, people around here on DCT go through all kinds of machinations about wanting power banks with pass-through charging so they can run their dash cams without having to ever think about it but for years now I just plug and unplug and then take them back inside for charging when I get home.

Today was a perfect example. I left (rural) home with my five cameras plugged into my truck's 12V outlets on my way to various errands in town like a dump run, picking up my in for servicing roto-tiller from the shop, grocery shopping, gassing up my vehicle and a few other stops. When I arrived at my first destination in town I manually switched from on-board 12V to my two power banks and ran four out of the five cameras for the rest of the day on them until I got back home. (Edit: 5th camera is the telephoto that I don't need while parked.) Now that they have sat at room temperature for awhile and have settled down they will get charged before morning. No big deal.

Plugging in a camera after you start your bike is similarly no big deal.

Last edited:
Back