Mobius Mini DIY heatsink

aluminum metal is getting hot, so.... pretty well I guess.... should I use other type metal?

No reason to use a different metal if this one is working for you. I wonder if a thicker (or double) piece of aluminum would work even better?

I like the nice clean design BTW.

No reason to use a different metal if this one is working for you. I wonder if a thicker (or double) piece of aluminum would work even better?

I like the nice clean design BTW.

I still have to test it in the truck, but
believe it's working, I have a few small ribbed heatsinks for cpu's, and they are aluminium too.

Nice detail, this aluminium is supposed to be used for Fokker airplanes, and although I have good reason to believe the heritage, I have no proof for it.

I wonder if a thicker (or double) piece of aluminum would work even better?

I doubt it. The screws are very short, so thicker platte would not fit, well not with these crews anyway...

aluminum metal is getting hot, so.... pretty well I guess....
Have you noticed any heat-related problems using the Mini without a heatsink? i.e. focus issues, shutdown etc.

Have you noticed any heat-related problems using the Mini without a heatsink? i.e. focus issues, shutdown etc.

No not yet, I haven't used it that much because it's not good enough for dashcam use. I'm actually not even sure if I got the wide lens... I'm still about to check that.

Night recordings were way too dark, but I used 60fps, maybe 30 fps is better for night recording. I still have to test it.

I doubt it. The screws are very short, so thicker platte would not fit, well not with these crews anyway...

If you wanted or needed to use two sheets of aluminum you could use thermal cement between the pieces instead of screws.

here's the 30 fps, and cranked up exposure +0.3. Judge for yourself.

My judgement is that you really need to clean your windshield! :smuggrin:

As for the video, it's a liitle hard to tell but first impression is that the video seems to lack sharpness and that the bit rate seems like it isn't keeping up with the action or something like that. I can see the benefit of the increased EV factor.

My judgement is that you really need to clean your windshield! :smuggrin:

As for the video, it's a liitle hard to tell but first impression is that the video seems to lack sharpness and that the bit rate seems like it isn't keeping up with the action or something like that. I can see the benefit of the increased EV factor.

Yeah I'm not much good as a cleaner-upper... I used movie maker to flip the image, and it came out 29fps.... Nevertheless I think changing from 60 to 30fps did most of the work, maybe upping the exp helps to brighten up the LIGHTED areas, it sure doesn't show better shade exposure. You can't light up dark spots with exp value. Therefore we need better image sensor an bigger aperture lenses like the viofo family of dashcams.

Back