Mobius mounting solutions

Dont use the base plate
So what is your solution? how do i mount it without the base plate?

This is the base (lower part)
a57cb421ef8637e631682385f3a299c0.jpg

On mine I've used 2 strips of double sided foam tape which gives a few mm of padding; obviously only stuck to the base plate and the backing left on the other side

Mine doesn't squeak. Maybe you could try a bit of silicone or Teflon lubricant spray, and then wipe off?

The holder is shaking on the base plate.
After i lock the holder in the base, the holder is moving sideways.
If i will add some rubber or material, sliding in won't work and it will be too tight.

Heres my two Mobius cams mounted, i went to the local Ace Hardware and bought a 4x8 piece of aluminum, and made these mounts, much better then those bought mounts, much sturdier and don't move, with the 3M pads..

Now i just have to figure out to mount the side cams...any suggestions, with pictures would be appreciated. .
20141020_165411.jpg
20141020_165435.jpg

Get a gopro type sticker or double sided tape and just attach the mount directly without the detachable base

Get a gopro type sticker or double sided tape and just attach the mount directly without the detachable base

If this message is to me: So what is the point in quick release mount?! i want to remove it when i'm home and not permanently glue it together.
I thought something else, maybe i will partly use your advice, I will cut the sides of the mobius cradle and i will use 3m dual lock on the mobius itself and on the cradle inside. and i will detach the mobius from the cradle each time so that the cradle and helmet mount will remain in the car.

the camera slides out of the cradle easily with out cutting it, if yours is tight just trim the little lugs at the front a small amount, and leave the whole mount attached to the Window

Yes, I will leave the cradle attached. I actually like it that it hard to pull out the camera, in case of an accident the camera will stay in the cradle.

My mobius should arrive any day now from eletoponline 365 and intend to mount similar to "liveinxs" except I intend to use neo dynium magnets so I can twist and release the camera when I'm parked in the open.

Those type of magnets are reputedly very strong and many more time stronger than the ferrous magnets. I hope you can twist and release your camera!

Well i finally finished the install, on my 4 Mobius cams, not bad for just being into dashcams for about a month now, i gotta stop, going overboard when i first get into a hobby...

Unfortunately i caught the dashcam bug, been thinking about doing a 6 cam install....where does it end....NEVER

I forgot to mention, though it does look like it , the rear and rear side windows are tinted, and prevents the cams from being seen from the outside, but has no impact on the video...

20141026_113605.jpg

20141020_165411.jpg

20141026_113552.jpg

20141020_165435.jpg

20141026_113541.jpg
20141026_113534.jpg

Last edited:
Sweet Jesus, are you doing a sideline for Google street view?!?

Sweet Jesus, are you doing a sideline for Google street view?!?
No, i have this horrible habit, of going full bore into something, when i pickup a new hobby....case in point, my homes cctv system, initially, i purchased a 4 channel setup, which lasted all of one month, now i am running a 16 camsetup, including a ptz....i definitely need mental help...

Mobius mounted in an Alfa Romeo Giulietta using 3M Dual Lock.

I tried to mount my suction cup right behind the rearview mirror where there are some dotted tint but it doesn't stick there, any ideas on what I can do to attach it there?

I tried to mount my suction cup right behind the rearview mirror where there are some dotted tint but it doesn't stick there, any ideas on what I can do to attach it there?

It's just same on my car, so I just dropped the suction cup down from the dotted tint and it fine. Also it is still difficult to see the camera from outside if you look head on at it. You could also move it to one side of the dotted tints, its your choice.

Wouldn't having a way to place it on the black dotted tint conceal it much more?

Back