Mobius mounting solutions

Only way to mount over those dots is with a stick on mount

Rexy03, you are not correct with that.
look a few pages back..

It might stick short term but if the dots are raised it will eventually fall off , probably when you least want it to

you can stick a disk plate with double sided 3m tape, and suction cup mount on that.

Why can't you move it away from the dotted area, like I have done. It only makes a few inches difference , and also does the suction cup HAVE to go on the dotted area.
Why make it hard for yourself!

So what is the best method to attach the Mobius behind the rear view mirror or somewhere high up? Is the best way to tilt the camera down a bit too to avoid glare?

Will using the tape on the black dots behind the rear view mirror damage or possibly peel them off?

Search ebay for mobius tape mount , cheap effective and small

Mount mine in rear mirror with magnets. Car's a Corolla, 10 gen.

MobiusMounted.jpg
[/URL]

Never heard of Sugru. Just watched a few youtube videos on it. It says it's resistant to -50 to +180 Celsius. If that's true, that should take care of the car heat issue. You just keep introducing me to great stuff. :)

I'm curious, hows the Sugru holding up so far? I realise its coming into colder weather, but did it stay true at the end of the Summer?

Those black dots can be a real PITA - however, I 'sanded' a small area of mine using a cheap green plastic scouring pad (the sort used for washing up), this took just enough off to allow suction cups to hold.
I'm now onto the cycle helmet holder which is fixed firm - however, I'm now seeing a 'wobble' on my video clips whenever I'm stationary. I presume this is because the quick release mechanism of the helmet mount (a simple sideways slide) isn't holding firm enough.
I think I'll try removing the quick release base & mount the upper part directly to the screen, maybe cut the rear of the Mobius cradle so the cam will slide out backwards?

Here's my third mounting solution (this time it's magnetic) for my front facing Mobius B...

CIMG6749.JPG

My previous mounts are shown at...

https://dashcamtalk.com/forum/threads/mobius-mounting-solutions.2654/#post-31371

I paid £6 for this magnetic mount at...

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/161372081762
It arrived in 2 days. I doubtless could have bought it cheaper from China, but I didn't want to wait weeks for delivery.

It's only been in place since Saturday, however, I'm happy with it so far. Could be a keeper.

CIMG6741.JPG CIMG6744.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
I like that - very nice and simple!

Daft question but how does it stick to the vehicle roof? Is that just a really strong magnet or does it stick on?

I like it too!

As it is so shiny, I wonder if it makes the camera more noticeable from outside the vehicle?

I was just about to say they do a black version mate but I've realised it's just the mount bits which are black - saying that if it's set back a bit in theory you wouldn't be able to see the shiny bit when you're stood up from outside? I'd be tempted for one of these to replace my phone mount as quite fancy having that out of the windscreen now.

Daft question but how does it stick to the vehicle roof? Is that just a really strong magnet or does it stick on?
Looking at the photos it appears the ball bearing and white plastic are one unit, with the metal ball fixed in position. The unit is then secured to the dash or roof using supplied 3M VHB sticky pads.

Wondering Russ, if the setup is prone to swivel during a car journey when encountering pot holes, speed bumps etc or is it fixed well in position?

Looking at the photos it appears the ball bearing and white plastic are one unit, with the metal ball fixed in position. The unit is then secured to the dash or roof using supplied 3M VHB sticky pads.

Wondering Russ, if the setup is prone to swivel during a car journey when encountering pot holes, speed bumps etc or is it fixed well in position?

It's attached to the rooflining via the supplied 3M self adhesive tape. Seems firmly affixed so far ... touch wood. Two spare discs of 3M tape are included in the kit, one for the mount to rooflining attachment & the other for the mount to device attachment.

Here's a video of a more normal use for the mount...

If the shininess should turn out to be an issue, I'll bet it wouldn't be too hard to come up with a way to "stealthify" the thing without altering it's functionality. I envision something like a small tube of black cloth to slip over the ball and mount.

I like it too!

As it is so shiny, I wonder if it makes the camera more noticeable from outside the vehicle?

The white part (available in black) tones in quite well with my rooflining colour. The steel ball is so close to the rooflining that it's mostly shielded by the car roof from exterior view.

The white part (available in black) tones in quite well with my rooflining colour. The steel ball is so close to the rooflining that it's mostly shielded by the car roof from exterior view.

I was thinking the mount matches your headliner nicely. It was really the ball I was wondering about but it sounds like it's not a problem after all.

Going off topic a bit here, I just happened to notice that Banggood is offering 10% of on the A lens Mobius if shipped from the UK or US warehouse. Code BGW204.

After only two days use, it's early days, but it's well-fixed so far. The magnetic ring exerts a strong grip on the steel ball, & the aim hasn't budged at all.

I may have to order one of these. It looks rather smart compared to my current Mobius mount which is identical to your older scheme.

Back