Mobius not powering back on

Stefan West

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

I am using my Mobius as a dashcam. The camera is great however, I recently swapped out the battery for a super capacitor for the safety aspect, and the fact it was interfering with my DAB, now I have a slight issue in that the camera is wired into a switched live, which comes live as soon as the car is unlocked, when the engine starts that live is cut for a split second before coming live again, the problem is because it is such a short amount of time, the camera is still turning off when the power comes back, meaning the camera doesn't turn itself back on again and I have to remember to manually turn it on, the only option I can see is to change power-off disconnect to 10 seconds, however with the capacitor the setup tells me that it may not save the last video, and may lose the date and time settings. I don't want to use the standard battery due to the constant power and heat to it when driving. What can I do to solve this?

Hi all,

I am using my Mobius as a dashcam. The camera is great however, I recently swapped out the battery for a super capacitor for the safety aspect, and the fact it was interfering with my DAB, now I have a slight issue in that the camera is wired into a switched live, which comes live as soon as the car is unlocked, when the engine starts that live is cut for a split second before coming live again, the problem is because it is such a short amount of time, the camera is still turning off when the power comes back, meaning the camera doesn't turn itself back on again and I have to remember to manually turn it on, the only option I can see is to change power-off disconnect to 10 seconds, however with the capacitor the setup tells me that it may not save the last video, and may lose the date and time settings. I don't want to use the standard battery due to the constant power and heat to it when driving. What can I do to solve this?

See this LINK for a possible solution and links to other discussions on this same issue.

As you say power cut is too fast for camera to restart.
Try to take power from point that do not cut, or if you are serious DIY guy i believe you can use car audio capacitor to fill that power cut.
Something like this, but maybe that is too serious solution for small problem.

Hmm, might be worth a try I suppose. Just out of interest, how unsafe is it to just use the standard battery?

Hmm, might be worth a try I suppose. Just out of interest, how unsafe is it to just use the standard battery?
In england quite safe i think, not the hottest country in the word:)

Screw it, I'll give it a go with batteries haha. Last time I used battery I got a lot of interference with my DAB signal but since then I've replaced the case with a shielded case so hopefully will be ok

BTW, my capacitor mobius is wired straight from car battery and starting car is not bothering it at all.

BTW, my capacitor mobius is wired straight from car battery and starting car is not bothering it at all.

Mines connected to the switched live in the interior lights, unfortunately there is no permanent live available. When the car cranks, it cuts power to the switched live stuff to ensure maximum power to the starter

Mines connected to the switched live in the interior lights, unfortunately there is no permanent live available. When the car cranks, it cuts power to the switched live stuff to ensure maximum power to the starter
Well, i think there is constant 12V at you obd2 plug, if you take only power from that connector it will not mess up your obd bus if you dont touch data cables.
There is even products like this

Back