Mobius now has motion detect on power off

I am running latest GUI 3.0.5.1 and 2.37 firmware and don't have those setting in BASIC tab.

Attachments

• gui.jpg
    gui.jpg
    95.5 KB · Views: 37
I'm out ATM, but I can post a screen shot if I get home early enough, otherwise tomorrow, if no one else has.

If you run mSetup without the camera connected, the greyed out options do not show the Motion Detect option in Basic settings. You have to click on the entry in the text box at the top (selecting the Mobius) and then it appears.

Has anyone had much luck with the motion detect setting? I tried it, and it seems to just keep recording mostly until tjhe battery dies, rather than "motion detection" from what I can see, have a few recordings of nothing at all happening.

I tried it, and it seems to just keep recording mostly until tjhe battery dies, rather than "motion detection" from what I can see, have a few recordings of nothing at all happening.
I noticed that too.

Has anyone had much luck with the motion detect setting? I tried it, and it seems to just keep recording mostly until tjhe battery dies, rather than "motion detection" from what I can see, have a few recordings of nothing at all happening.

I take it if you have it in motion detect mode before power off that it will continue in that mode when power is cut yeah?

I did not, however, test what happens when the battery becomes flat.

My guess is that when the battery becomes flat, the last clip won't be saved, as there is no more power for that...

Does it really help the battery if it's discharged to flat? Surely a lipo battery will live longer if it's left semi charged, so the motion detect setting might be worse for battery health than instant shut off?

Don't think I'll use this feature.
It'd be OK if I activate "Motion Detect" while parked and it'd cancel and revert to my default mode when I next start car. Continuing on MD till battery goes flat isn't right. Losing last file is one, losing RTC and have to reset it on Msetup is another.

I wonder how long the Mobius will store the date, after the motion detect feature has run the battery down?

It'd be OK if I activate "Motion Detect" while parked and it'd cancel and revert to my default mode when I next start car. Continuing on MD till battery goes flat isn't right. Losing last file is one, losing RTC and have to reset it on Msetup is another.
I have now run my mobius flat using motion detect after power off multiple times a day for at least 20 days and it works as it should. It reverts to mode 2 when the car is started and has never lost the date or time from running the battery flat using motion detect.

why would it lose these settings, battery gets low, camera shuts off, no different to how you'd use the camera on battery and tens of thousands of RC users would be using it like that

Back