Mobius or Innovv C3 ? On a naked bike

S21FOLGORE

Reaction score
Country
United States
I've done all the research and pretty much decided to go with mobius. But, thought I'd ask people's opinion before ordering stuff.

The fact #1 There's no place(or very little place) to hide the camera
I ride a naked bike. Ducati Monster S4R. (see the picture below if you don't know how it looks like.)
http://www.totalmotorcycle.com/photos/2005models/2005models-Ducati-MonsterS4R.htm

As you can see, the only "discreet" mount I can think of is
A) under the lower triple tree (I already checked the front fork travel. There's enough clearance for mobius, so I don't have to worry about camera hitting the fender under hard braking.)
B)Using lens extension cord, mount the lens below headlight (offset to left or right), mount the main body behind the small bikini fairing. (see the photo (not mine) as a reference, headlight bucket, fork tubes and lower triple.)
http://s196.photobucket.com/user/cmoseasaurus/media/IMAG0118.jpg.html
C)Mount on the side of the charcoal canister (located on the left hand lower side of the motor)
I have mounted Drift HD Ghost on this location and it works pretty good. (Most people did not notice that there's a camera.)

The fact #2 I need (want) the same (kind of) set up on my daily driver (NA6 Mazda Miata)

I could, for example, try C3 on the Duc and Mobius on Miata, or vice versa. But I think it makes more sense to mount the same set up on both vehicles.

The fact #3 The Duc is garage kept, NA6 is parked on the drive way (Not on the street, but it is kept on the outside.)

The fact #4 I eventually want "front and back" system on both vehicles.

Any input ?

Trying one of each sounds good. Everyone would love to see a side by side comparison mini-review and learn your over all opinion on both.

I assume you have a little room under the seat for the body of the C3, that part of the camera will need to be kept dry.

I would try to put the camera behind the "glass" of the fairing so the lens is protected, depending on the room up there you might allso be able to place the main body of the C3 there, inside somthing waterproof or splash proof at least. ( or if you only wheel in good weather somthing less drastic )

It look like there is room to work with.
P8210137.JPG

Thanks for the input.
As you mentioned, I could probably mount the main body (recording unit) of C3 (or Mobius) behind the small bikini fairing, mounting the lens around that area that's not so obvious.
So, do you have both Mobius and Innovv ?
What's your opinion on both product ?

Happy to help sounds like a plan. The Mobius is a good product. We are only selling Innovv, Street Guardian, and Panorama products at this time.

I have both mobius ( rear cam in car ) and innovv C1 + C3
The C1 i use as a action camera / personal camera ( allways have it with me )
And i havent gotten around to play that much with the C3, so far i have just used it with the head mount to film some walkarounds around here. ( 90 deg lens on my camera )

And i love them all for ther small size and good 1080p footage :)

I
I've done all the research and pretty much decided to go with mobius. But, thought I'd ask people's opinion before ordering stuff.

The fact #1 There's no place(or very little place) to hide the camera
I ride a naked bike. Ducati Monster S4R. (see the picture below if you don't know how it looks like.)
http://www.totalmotorcycle.com/photos/2005models/2005models-Ducati-MonsterS4R.htm

As you can see, the only "discreet" mount I can think of is
A) under the lower triple tree (I already checked the front fork travel. There's enough clearance for mobius, so I don't have to worry about camera hitting the fender under hard braking.)
B)Using lens extension cord, mount the lens below headlight (offset to left or right), mount the main body behind the small bikini fairing. (see the photo (not mine) as a reference, headlight bucket, fork tubes and lower triple.)
http://s196.photobucket.com/user/cmoseasaurus/media/IMAG0118.jpg.html
C)Mount on the side of the charcoal canister (located on the left hand lower side of the motor)
I have mounted Drift HD Ghost on this location and it works pretty good. (Most people did not notice that there's a camera.)

The fact #2 I need (want) the same (kind of) set up on my daily driver (NA6 Mazda Miata)

I could, for example, try C3 on the Duc and Mobius on Miata, or vice versa. But I think it makes more sense to mount the same set up on both vehicles.

The fact #3 The Duc is garage kept, NA6 is parked on the drive way (Not on the street, but it is kept on the outside.)

The fact #4 I eventually want "front and back" system on both vehicles.

Any input ?
Innovv C3 might be more suitable,it has flash light, also a button to switch from cycling recording and one video recording is more convenient,also,the mini lens could be hided somewhere,camera could be placed into pocket,it include bar mount,headset mount,dashcam mount,etc to be applied to more wide applications.

Last edited:
Thanks for the link, Russ331.
I ended up buying two mobius (I need one for my car, one for a bike, to begin with) from buymobius.com.
I never liked helmet mount cam (or, to be precise, did not want to stick action cam, such as Go-Pro on my helmet.
However, Mobius is much smaller and lighter, it probably wouldn't bother me that much. So I might try that direction.

The only downside (of helmet mounted cam) is that it has to be run on battery. (well, you can run the wire from the helmet to the bike, but I don't like that idea.)
I bought the ones with 820 mAh battery, so they are good for two hours ride ...

I'm still leaning toward hard wiring to the bike's battery.

Will the headlight beam affect the video recording if I mount the lens right next to, or below the headlight ?

No that shouldent be a problem, only if you drive in heavy fog or rain, and then i think it dont matter where the camera is.

I tried to strap my innovv C1 to my 85W HID torch this summer, that was no problem.

Shared how people install C3 on the motorcycle,

Fazer8 cam.jpg

Thanks for the link, Russ331.
I ended up buying two mobius (I need one for my car, one for a bike, to begin with) from buymobius.com.
I never liked helmet mount cam (or, to be precise, did not want to stick action cam, such as Go-Pro on my helmet.
However, Mobius is much smaller and lighter, it probably wouldn't bother me that much. So I might try that direction.

The only downside (of helmet mounted cam) is that it has to be run on battery. (well, you can run the wire from the helmet to the bike, but I don't like that idea.)
I bought the ones with 820 mAh battery, so they are good for two hours ride ...

I'm still leaning toward hard wiring to the bike's battery.

Will the headlight beam affect the video recording if I mount the lens right next to, or below the headlight ?
Headlight beam shouldn't. I put the lens of the mobius behind the windshield on my bike but between that and small vibrations, the video wasn't clear/distorted.

You can hardwire the mobius by putting a cigar lighter and using a dual USB plug, for the front and back, and have it under the seat. I linked the cigar lighter to my ignition so it only gives power when the bike is on.

Back