Mobius PC/Phone otg software

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I recently got a new PC and phone and installed the software to adjust the settings of the camera on both devices, when I connect the Mobius camera to the computer and open the software program nothing happens same goes for when I use the OTG cable and connect it to my phone (Sony Z5 Compact) the software doesn't even seem to find it, am I doing something wrong and is there a step by step guide for the OTG version.

Its this camera

Really happy with the camera, fantastic quality videos day or night and does exactly what I want (I did change its settings with my previous computer but I lost the mount and didn't use it for a while so the time and date has reset which is annoying me)

These are the ones I have on my phone and PC and what happens when I plug the camera in and try to do something

Sorry because not read full your post.
You have to insert sd card into mobius when connect to computer. :)

Yes the SD card is still in the camera, that's what I don't understand, it used to work fine on the old PC but doesn't on the new one and it has never worked on my phones.

or you may try a diffirent usb port ?

I have tried three different usb ports. Does it matter if I use the cable to charge it up as the cable to plug it into the computer? The charging lead and the lead I bought separately are both the same and both charge the camera up when connected to the pc.

This has confused me a lot!

I have tried three different usb ports. Does it matter if I use the cable to charge it up as the cable to plug it into the computer? The charging lead and the lead I bought separately are both the same and both charge the camera up when connected to the pc.
I've read that Mobius can have problems with USB 3.0 ports, so always use a USB 2.0 port in preference. I've also read of one person who tried 5 different cables before finding one that worked.

My ancient laptop has 6 USB ports, surprising that your new PC has only 3.

yeah USB cables can play a trick on one, not least if you have accumelated a bunch of them.
Some of them might only have the 2 power wires in them, and using such a wire then the computer dont see any action on the data ports for good reasons.

I think you are supposed to first start up the mobius GUI software, and then plug the camera into the computer.
If the camera is plugged into the computer without a SD card in it, the computer should see it as a web camera, go ding dong and install some drivers i think.

Have you tried to reset the camear thru the little hole on the back ned ?

Oh this PC has a lot of USB ports (4 on the front) two of which are labelled as 3.0 and the rest don't appear to be but I didn't know about the problems with the USB 3.0 as I'm not great with technology, so thanks for that information! OK so the designated PC - camera cable is in my bedroom somewhere amongst the big pile of other cables I've got off old phone chargers and Sony camera cables lol I'll have to find that!

The SD card only ever comes out of the camera if I'm on the road and want to transfer some footage over to my phone so its not overwritten and lost (also so I don't lose the actual SD card as they're not cheap!) I will try starting the mobius first then plug it in, I'm not sure I had to do this before but its been so long I could be wrong! I haven't tried resetting the camera via the hole in the back, forgot about that but I'll do that last!

Thanks for the advice.

So tried turning the camera on first then connecting it and nothing happened, except I forgot this happens, if you look at the two arrows on the left of my screen you'll see the mSetup and a file underneath it which appears after I close the mobius software screen.

It's as if the computer doesn't even recognise something is plugged into it as I cant find the camera where it would usually tell you a device is connected in the screen where the hard drive information is.

Back