Mobius rear view camera setup help

Sid 887

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hiall, need a bit of help.

Bought 2 Möbius cameras last year, one I use as a dashcam and it has worked flawlessly, the other I have used for various things. I would now like to use the second camera as a rear dash cam but also have it connected to a monitor in the car to act as a reverse/backup camera. Is this possible?

The power/rca cable i got for from the seller is very short. I need one that reaches the monitor at the front of the car. What are my options?

I'm also considering installing a super capacitor, if I do so, is the g date/time and other settings saved when the camera is shut down?

Thanks

The Android App Mobius USB Tools has a Rear View mode, including guide lines, that you can adjust & turn on/off for reversing into a parking space...

image.jpg

The capacitor saves the video clip being recorded when external power is cut, & stores the correct date / time for up to 10 to 12 days, if the car is parked up for that long.

Last edited:
I'm also considering installing a super capacitor, if I do so, is the g date/time and other settings saved when the camera is shut down?

Yes, that's the point of fitting the super capacitor. Though you won't be able to record for over an hour should you decide to remove it from its rear screen mount.

Bumping this thread as I would like to ask does how th eOP got on?
Does the mobius record to SD card and output video at the same time?
I know the quadcopter/drone community like the mobius and I read on the rcgroups forum "When recording, the camera draws as much power as a mini servo... and a bit higher when also outputting composite video for FPV"
So I would expect that to mean the camera can do both simultaneously is this right?
meaning it could indeed be used as a rear dashcam and as a reversing cam has any one done this?

SD.

Back