Mobius Records black video with time and date but no video.

MIttens

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hello My mobius has been recording black video with the date and time in the corner for months now and I only just noticed it. All you hear is audio. Iv gone thru the threads and tried checking the settings and nothing has changed. I even reset to defaults and still nothing. Updated firmware. Just a bunch of time coded audio files on the memory card. Iv taken the mobius apart and all seems OK under the hood so I'm really not sure what else to do. Been using the same memory card since when It was purchased 6 months ago and even recorded a whole wedding on it with no issues at all until now. Even tested the card as mentioned and it passed all the tests. Is there some kind of diagnostic tool I can use to see if the video sensor is faulty? My mobius doesn't have a video source so I cannot tell. and yes the lens cap is off lol. Lights all blink like they are supposed to. everything works as the previous fixes have mentioned. Its almost like I'm stuck recording in audio only thou iv set in MOV AVI and MP4 formats and all are doing the same thing. But why is the time stamp still showing up? Uggg Hopefully someone knows some Mobius magic I'm in need.

Back