Mobius remote lens' take 2..

often used like this for rear cams, not something with multiple cams unless you get into the truck type setups but the cameras are quite large for those
They sell DVR's on eBay and the cameras on eBay are decent and inexpensive. If I can't keep the brains in the glove box locked away I may have to look at the dvr options.

This is what you can expect to get with a analog DVR.

I have been there with 4 analog cameras in the car, and it was a waste of my money.

I can only recommend to NOT go with analog systems of low resolution, and while i have not tried it out myself i now know enough to also say i can NOT recommend people going with low bitrate 1080p systems, you will want at least 9mbit bitrate on each channel, 15 - 18 mbit even better.

Say 4 cameras recording 1080p at 15 mbit that will yeld a need for writing of at least 1.2 Gb of data every 3 minutes,that's around 24 Gb for 1 hour or recording, so you would have about 5 hours of recording on a 128 Gb memory card,,, if you can find a DVR that support that size or dare to take a chance it can be made to do so by formatting large sd card with fat32

You could also buy a home CCTV IP camera NVR and you can fit 4 1080p cameras to it and at least mine claim ot can handle a total of 80 mbit incomming data from those 4 cameras, and you can buy small IP cameras too just fine, but as i am also walking that avenue with my home CCTV there are no way in hell i would try to do that in my car.

BUT ! if i hit it big in the lotto i might try that on my dream car as it will be a 15 tonne bulletproof monster, but then i would not use budget NVR or cameras like i do at home now.

Back