Mobius rival -Stylish INNOVV™ C1 from #808 family. 1080p 30fps WDR G-sensor action- dash camera

Does anyone know if it will come with a waterproof case for outdoor use?

Just noticed that foxoffer is "Pre-sell Innovv C1 Full HD Action Camera", unfortunately, it did not tell what's included in the package.

Just noticed that foxoffer is "Pre-sell Innovv C1 Full HD Action Camera", unfortunately, it did not tell what's included in the package.
Hi bshDCT,
I spoke to them recently and they said it would be similar to Mobius package (base plate, usb data/charger cable, velcro). However this may change, as for their 808 #26 they included free av/tv cable.

Also to Mr Fluff,
My understanding is at the moment there is no underwater case. However, I have not asked that question for a while and they may have more up to date information other forum members.

Kind regards,

Dan

I've already mentioned this in another post but I got to thinking about it further this evening on my drive home with a front windshield mounted Mobius. The lack of a rear LED "pilot light" indicator is a serious drawback if the Innovv is to used as a dash cam. My experience owning several dash cams now and having unexpectedly lost some footage because a dash cam lost power several times without my knowing about it (failing 12V USB adapter) makes the omission of this feature a deal breaker for me. Anyone who watched Techmoan Matt's review of the Mobius knows that this was a key feature he requested and got from the developers when they asked him what was vital in a dash cam.

I agree, but usually the camera is mounted in an upper position and the driver almost can see the LED. I was using 808 cameras and wasn't a big problem to me to have an always blinking led in front of my eyes.

The standard package and more is in their PDF manual. More, because reading it, user can understand how the camera is working and the expectations.

enjoy,
Mtz

OK, after reading the manual I understand how is working the Parking Mode.

All following ideas are not refering at Mode 1 or Mode 2 which are normal modes as a dashcam which is starting/stopping the recording when car engine is started/stopped.

Camera set in Mode 4 (Parking Mode)
- start car, start recording
- stop car, stop recording, camera enter in Parking Mode
- when detecting a shock camera is recording a small video (I don't know if also few seconds before the shock, or only after the shock)
- no shock, camera again in standby
- start car, start recording even the camera was off or in Parking Mode

So when the USB connector is detecting the power, the camera will record constantly. When the power is cut the camera will remain on battery and waiting for a shock.
This is good, but what problems I see:
- using battery in standby and maybe some small recordings the camera can stay in standby up to 8 hours and after that it will shut down. 8 hours are not enough.
- if starting and stopping the camera many times the battery will lose its quality in some time. But this is not something new because many cameras have batteries and the usual life time for a battery is about 2 years to keep the camera functions running. But after some time the Parking Mode will have less and less hours to be active even the camera will work OK in normal mode.

How I imagine my Parking Mode:
First, because the Innovv is an ActionCamera not a real dashcam, a name like G-Sensor Mode® for Mode 4 sounds better for me as an actioncam user, because an actionman is not parked, but a car.
In G-Sensor Mode the camera is working in another way:
- no matter if the car is running or not, if a shock is detected the camera is recording in loop mode
- if no shock in 2 minutes, the camera to stop (I chosed 2 minutes because 1 minute seems to short for some traffic lights which are 90 seconds waiting time). I know the Innovv videoclip length is 3 mins., so my 2 mins shock interval is covered.

G-Sensor Mode advantages compared to Parking Mode:
- because camera is always connected to the car power you will never miss some shock if the battery went empty and camera off. Your brain will not think about Innovv empty battery.
- because camera is always connected to the car power the Innovv battery will be not always charged/discharged and shorten its juice life
As an action camera you can use also this function when mounting the camera on a bike, helmet, etc. When the user is resting, the camera will not record so is no need to press some button for starting or stopping it.

I am not afraid of car battery life because the standby mode is very low consuming and I am not leaving the car more than 2 days. But of course maybe can be implemented some auto-stop function if the car is not used for more than 7 days for example if it is in G-Sensor Mode.

What disadvantages can you see in my G-Sensor Mode compared to Parking Mode or not?

enjoy,
Mtz

PS: The ® from this post is because this is my idea and I didn't found it on other camera. Is just a joke and of course somebody will use (like other idea of mine) when making some camera. Maybe the Innovv will be the first.

Last edited:
Well, it didn't take that long for someone to copy the Mobius! That's exactly the reason the Mobius developer didn't want to reveal what processor and CMOS module he used.
The #18 developer has always been good at snazzy hardware designs, there's no denial there. His support, in the form of firmware updates, has been disastrous though. Hopefully this will change now that he's apparently teamed up with a new partner.
Their website looks nice. The blog made me grin, but at least they admit to the fact that both the #18 and #26 were both total flops. I'm sure this wouldn't have been the case had the developer listened to what people wanted and at least made a tiny effort to bring out new firmware on a regular base.
It's good to see that the camera now uses the Novatek DSP, which is a more modern design than the Sunplus used in the #26. The metal cover is also a good option for heat dissipation and preventing RF interference, and of course, the lens module is way better than the one used in the #26.
For me, the most important point is the video quality, followed by ease of use and flexibility. A lot of tweaking is required to obtain good video quality in different lighting conditions, so I very much doubt if this will be perfect in the initial release.
Apparently the C1 has no parameters which can be set, at least in the initial version. Maybe this will change in the future if the new partner applies some pressure. If he doesn't, I don't believe this camera will be successful.
People were so excited when they first read about the #26 and watched the demonstration videos, but they very soon realized it's shortcomings. It will interesting to see if the C1 has more success in the long run. Since it's a copy of the Mobius, it stands a good chance, so long the developer doesn't lose interest once again....

Well, it didn't take that long for someone to copy the Mobius! That's exactly the reason the Mobius developer didn't want to reveal what processor and CMOS module he used.

not like it's a secret recipe, it's about the most common solution in use right now because it's cheap and 'can' deliver good results

their product looks more attractive but in the end it's firmware development that's going to decide who has the better product

It is not exactly a copy because is a little bigger, have round corners, more buttons, light and G-Sensor.
But I agree with you, the idea is the same as Mobius, but also we must not forget that all 808 cameras were recording from that side of the camera, so here is nothing new, but a different shape from 808s regarding lens position.
More buttons means less settings or no settings using PC software. The only PC interaction I see in the manual is the TIMESET.txt.

enjoy,
Mtz

their product looks more attractive but in the end it's firmware development that's going to decide who has the better product

I guess the Innovv is more "attractive" but taste is a relative thing. Personally, I prefer the no nonsense and "professional" look and feel of the Mobius. Some of us are more interested in a tool that does what we need and does it well than we are in making a fashion statement. As has been said here, the performance of the Innovv will be the major factor for most of us potential customers.

I enjoy when a company tries to do something different and the Innovv at least is not an outright copy of the appearance of the Mobius. Then again, it is impossible not to notice that instead, the product takes its design cues from the original Apple iPod mini and second generation iPod Nano. This is evident not only in the form factor but also in offering a choice of anodized color finishes. So design wise, they've simply copied a different product.

IglydXu.jpg

x2BqbGX.jpg

kxD1Stz.jpg

Reactions: Jim
I enjoy when a company tries to do something different and the Innovv at least is not an outright copy of the appearance of the Mobius. Then again, it is impossible not to notice that instead, the product takes its design cues from the original Apple iPod mini and second generation iPod Nano. This is evident not only in the form factor but also in offering a choice of anodized color finishes. So design wise, they've simply copied a different product.

come visit an electronics trade show, every second product has some type of Apple product look about it, has been done to death over the last few years

come visit an electronics trade show, every second product has some type of Apple product look about it, has been done to death over the last few years

Yes, I know exactly what you mean. That really started all the way back in 1998 when Apple introduced the original iMac G3 in a variety of translucent colors. Suddenly, a zillion products of all kinds started to appear in "Life Savers" colors. I always am amused when a new design concept of Apple's get's copied and see that Apple is already doing something else. They've certainly been a trend setter in many areas. Every smart phone looks like the original iPhone, for example.

I guess the Innovv is more "attractive" but taste is a relative thing. Personally, I prefer the no nonsense and "professional" look and feel of the Mobius. Some of us are more interested in a tool that does what we need and does it well than we are in making a fashion statement. As has been said here, the performance of the Innovv will be the major factor for most of us potential customers.

I agree it looks "attractive" but at least for my purposes, as far as design is concerned, it's not nearly as practical as the Mobius. I have never much liked rounded electronics gadgets and this camera is no exception. I like flat surfaces which are easy to stick or stack on other surfaces. The buttons also look exceptionally raised, which could pose a problem if carried in a trouser pocket and there is no power-on delay. I also wonder how the lens mount has been designed. The Mobius case was specially designed so that different sized lenses could be fitted, as can be seen when fitting the A and B lenses. A comparison of the two cameras will be interesting. Although the C1 is larger than the Mobius, it's a few grams lighter. I can't imagine the metal case makes the difference, so where have they saved on weight? On the lens? That wouldn't be good....

I am not supporter of speculative comparison. My experience shows that the only true way to judge one product to another is in real face to face challenge.
Within past 3 years of dash cam experienfe ( over 60 models ), I had a lot of surprises where my initial guess turned to be wrong and it was in good and in bad way.
So, lets just wait untill it will be released and real side by side tests are done. Till then ANY "judgementhal theory" is only speculative.

But I was expecting some feedback regarding the Parking Mode described few posts ago.

enjoy,
Mtz

Design is all good,,, if it is tied into the use of the product.
If it is just design for the sake of design then my BS alarm goes off, maybe thats the reason that i am from the land of B & O but i would never by one of ther overprized products.

Ps. i never have and i never will own a apple product.

I agree it looks "attractive" but at least for my purposes, as far as design is concerned, it's not nearly as practical as the Mobius. I have never much liked rounded electronics gadgets and this camera is no exception. I like flat surfaces which are easy to stick or stack on other surfaces. The buttons also look exceptionally raised, which could pose a problem if carried in a trouser pocket and there is no power-on delay. I also wonder how the lens mount has been designed. The Mobius case was specially designed so that different sized lenses could be fitted, as can be seen when fitting the A and B lenses. A comparison of the two cameras will be interesting. Although the C1 is larger than the Mobius, it's a few grams lighter. I can't imagine the metal case makes the difference, so where have they saved on weight? On the lens? That wouldn't be good....

I agree with just about everything in your post. The Mobius is designed for functionality, whether it is the flat sides, non protruding buttons or lens mount with useful front access for a lens cap and other purposes. And is there another camera on the market that is intentionally designed so that the user can reset the lens focus and is supplied with a mini allen wrench for the purpose? Even the matt black finish of the Mobius serves to increase stealth when used as a dash cam. Of course, we need to reserve judgement until we can see what it feels like to actually use the Innovv but so far a snazzy design seems to have usurped functionality, including the curved sides. The slightly reflective sheen of anodized aluminum doesn't help either if the camera is intended as a tool rather than a piece of "jewelry".

I kind of like curved surfaces myself, as long as form follows function. So, the same exact shape used in the Apple iPod mini does just that because the device is designed to be held in your hand and manipulated with your thumb. The curved sides nestle comfortably in the hand as you are using the device while the flat end allows for standing the device on a table or desk. The same curved sides on the Innovv only hinder one's mounting options but seem to serve no purpose other than for appearance.

Last edited:
The Innovv looks very nice, but looks are deceiving. The part that drives me nuts is waiting for the month or two before someone reviews it and tells us if it works as good as it looks OR this is a real dud.

The Innovv looks very nice, but looks are deceiving. The part that drives me nuts is waiting for the month or two before someone reviews it and tells us if it works as good as it looks OR this is a real dud.

I dont think its going to be couple of month, probably 1-2 weeks max.
Mobius pre-release info leak was nearly 2 month before it was available to public.

Last edited:
Back