Mobius support thread and Tech Guide (post all problems/help requests here) Read posts #1-8 first

I've got an issue with my Mobius (V3 Lens C), previously has been running well for years.

Now the sound pulses, I thought it could be something to do with the super capacitor, I have tried with it's battery and a new super capacitor - no change.
Must be 2-3 times a second and interupts the sound recorded...
Different power supplies make no difference.
any ideas what else it could be?
Thanks

From my experience, noises, especially a pulsating buzzing always has to do with the camera not receiving enough voltage and or current. This can be from a long cable run, a weak battery or a poor power supply. For example, I've had this happen occasionally using a power bank with a very long cable run, but with my 12V adapter the problem goes away. Often, the problem is specifically related to which brand of MicroSD card you are using. Try a different brand card and see what happens.

Here is a clipping from the troubleshooting section of the Mobius User's Manual.

buzzing.jpg

From my experience, noises, especially a pulsating buzzing always has to do with the camera not receiving enough voltage and or current. This can be from a long cable run, a weak battery or a poor power supply. For example, I've had this happen occasionally using a power bank with a very long cable run, but with my 12V adapter the problem goes away. Often, the problem is specifically related to which brand of MicroSD card you are using. Try a different brand card and see what happens.

Here is a clipping from the troubleshooting section of the Mobius User's Manual.

View attachment 60286
I'll add this to my check list, however the card has been faultless in all other respects and the only card ever used in it. As I say I have used three different power supplies so far....
I will report back.

View attachment 60286

I'll add this to my check list, however the card has been faultless in all other respects and the only card ever used in it. As I say I have used three different power supplies so far....
I will report back.
Well thanks for the pointer.... the card has obviously developed a fault, swapped for another known working card with the original capacitor and power supply most recently used and I would say it back to how it always was!

The card in question was bought with the camera it in 2015 a Kingston 32GB SDHC class 4. Tried with a much new Samsung 64GB SDXC from another dash cam.

Well thanks for the pointer.... the card has obviously developed a fault, swapped for another known working card with the original capacitor and power supply most recently used and I would say it back to how it always was!

The card in question was bought with the camera it in 2015 a Kingston 32GB SDHC class 4. Tried with a much new Samsung 64GB SDXC from another dash cam.

You are welcome!

Yeah, I was going to add that an aging memory card can also draw more current than when it was new. Technically, I don't know why that is but I've had it happen with one of my Mobi. There would be a soft pulsating buzz when used with a power bank on a long cable run, but there would be no buzzing when I plugged it back into my vehicle's 12V power supply that put out more amperage than the power bank. Come to think of it the memory card was also an old Kingston 32GB.

So, it looks like the Mobius 1, in its current Hw iteration, after nearly 10 years, has ended production, probably due (as well as other moboius models) to key components production phased out due to obsolence.

Looks like it.
I recently bought a Mobius A2 (to lens swap with my Maxi B) and was initially frustrated when I heard about the new Mini 2 (i should have waited).
But I really like the output of the M1 with Maxi Lens B and knowing that I have one of the last batches of M1 make me happy with my purchase.

So, it looks like the Mobius 1, in its current Hw iteration, after nearly 10 years, has ended production, probably due (as well as other moboius models) to key components production phased out due to obsolence.
Really? I was about to buy one to use as a rear camera. My local UK reseller still has a few (12No) left in stock, depending on lens option.

Back