Mobius support thread and Tech Guide (post all problems/help requests here) Read posts #1-8 first

Here are my current settings. Mind you, I have tried changing multiple parameters of my settings over a good a 4 hour period trying to figure out something, even if it is by accident, that will make the mobius auto-record work. My next option is to replace my Scandisk 32G microSD even though currently it will record on manual mode.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2015-11-15 at 10.47.05 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2015-11-15 at 10.47.05 PM.png
    94.3 KB · Views: 10
  • Screen Shot 2 2015-11-15 at 10.46.24 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2 2015-11-15 at 10.46.24 PM.png
    77.1 KB · Views: 11
  • Screen Shot 3 2015-11-15 at 10.42.30 PM.png
    Screen Shot 3 2015-11-15 at 10.42.30 PM.png
    93.6 KB · Views: 9
Set power on auto record = external only
Power off disconnect = immediate
Loop = on
Video clip lenght = 3min

Power On change from Delay to Fast

Is there any way to lower the amount of glare coming from my own headlights? At night time, the traffic lights are really bright and well basically all the lights... should I turn on dynamic range etc?

will this make any difference for a dash cam use? where the power buttons never get pressed?
On second thought, maybe you're right :D

still happening, very consistently, leave 2 days then power up it doesn't record. Isoprop, can you reply to my problem with your thoughts on this, the camera wont start recording again until the capacitor has reached full charge. then when you power cycle it starts recording straight away. is this normal or not? if not how to fix?? all my settings are on the previous page.
If you would post your SYSCFG.TXT file I could see if my camera performs similarly, but you would have to give me a few days. I really need your SYSCFG.TXT file in order to load the exact same parameters as you have. Since SYSCFG.TXT is a text file you can simply copy/paste the values here. Posting screen shots is not enough. I would then have to know the exact steps you took. You may have a bad capacitor or there may be an out-of-spec component in your camera. I think you mentioned the camera didn't lose it's date and time which indicates the supercap is OK. Even if the camera doesn't start properly, can it keep it's date and time for at least a week? If yes, then chances are pretty high that your supercap is OK.

I have had the settings suggested above at some point during my struggles without any success. I went ahead and made the changes to the settings suggested by @Rexy03 and @GJHS and the mobius will not auto-record.

If you would post your SYSCFG.TXT file I could see if my camera performs similarly
here is the config file.
the camera I have is dated 28-2-2014 V6.3

Steps I took were to have it record by plugging into a 5V USB wall socket, lights flashing on top and back once a second for hours on end, or even an hour or 5 minutes will make the problem, time is no factor. I take off power, plugged into my computer to view recordings(still does it if you don't do this step), take off computer, leave a couple of days, plug back into 5V USB wall socket, green light lights up for about 10 seconds and that's it, it sits there dead. I unplug for a few seconds, plug in again and it starts recording automatically with lights flashing on and off every second again.

I will wait a couple of days and see how you go.
thanks.

Attachments

• SYSCFG.TXT
    5.5 KB · Views: 7
Last edited:
I don't have a camera stamped 28-2-14 so I'm using an earlier version.
One small detail, but I don't think it should make a difference, is you should safely remove (eject) your camera and then press the power button before disconnecting it from the PC. I'm following your instructions exactly, so I haven't done this.
I'll post my results in a few of days.

Hello again ! I get back with my wish , about a possible solution for my Mobius failure.. I make a request to Isoprop or Jokiin - if they have a little time - for my question . My Mobius , discontinuous ( I mean between longer or shorter recordings ) has periods of nonworking : after pressing power button (blue , followed by continuous yellow ) , press shutter button -----> rapid blinking of yellow for 5-6 seconds , following a few red ones , yellow again continuous for 2-3 sec and stop . I have learned a lot from this excellent forum about the ,,claims'' Mobius has to have for a proper functioning ( Kingston 32Gb 4 class , Min 1 A charging device , good cables , etc ) . I did not make any update of the original firmware ( 10 months ago ) . The battery charging and the levels of charging seems to be OK . I have another Mobius with an original Kingston microsd 32 gb from same seller ( apropos -eletoponline 365 is a very professional and prompt seller ) , I have tried with this one , but same result.. Thank you in advance for your time .
Hello everybody ! I owe you my Mobius state ! Very confusing !!!! After the above written failure , I successfully charged (aprox 3 hours ) it . I formatted the card again with SDformatter . I recorded normally 1 hour ( only with its battery ) . Next time , when I wanted to use it again , same signs : rapidly yellow blinks , three red blinks and then the camera shut down . I tried power it on again after a few minutes and it worked properly again !!! For now it is charging but when I plugged it in , the secvence was : green led and overwritten , yellow blinking again , followed by 3 red blinks and then continuously green . I am waiting for it to full-charge . What do you think might have caused this hazardous behavior ? Normal function for 1-2 hrs of recording and then the "yellow sequences" again. I am trying not to send back to eletoponline365 because of the long waiting time and maybe it can be fixed here. Thank you Jokiin , Isoprop , GJHS and other helpful users !

Hello everybody ! I owe you my Mobius state ! Very confusing !!!! After the above written failure , I successfully charged (aprox 3 hours ) it . I formatted the card again with SDformatter . I recorded normally 1 hour ( only with its battery ) . Next time , when I wanted to use it again , same signs : rapidly yellow blinks , three red blinks and then the camera shut down . I tried power it on again after a few minutes and it worked properly again !!! For now it is charging but when I plugged it in , the secvence was : green led and overwritten , yellow blinking again , followed by 3 red blinks and then continuously green . I am waiting for it to full-charge . What do you think might have caused this hazardous behavior ? Normal function for 1-2 hrs of recording and then the "yellow sequences" again. I am trying not to send back to eletoponline365 because of the long waiting time and maybe it can be fixed here. Thank you Jokiin , Isoprop , GJHS and other helpful users !
Rapid yellow blinking means there's a card-related problem. In most cases there's a problem with the card but there could also be a physical failure like dirt in the card cage, dirty contacts on your card or even a bad solder joint on the cage itself (extremely rare).
Are you using external power? If not, you will never get 2 hours of recording unless you're using the new 820 mAh battery.
It's important that you have FW v2.18 installed since this is the most card-friendly version. Have you tried a different card?
I can't remember everything you posted, but from your last post everything points to a defective card or to a partly defective card or even fake. Have you tested your empty card with h2testw? There are tons of fake cards for sale on eBay.
Please, try a different card and see if you have the same symptoms.

Isoprop , I have two Mobius from eletoponline365 , one of them with Kingston 36 GB 4 class from same vendor (work OK ) that I have tried with the faulty Mobius -same ,,symptoms,, . I made a mistake - maybe 60-70 minutes of recordings per TOTAL , but at different moments of a day , without external power . I am surprised of the variable behaviors in same conditions , I mean: normal charging (3 hours green....)----> start cam ----> 30 min rec OK ------>stop cam-----> (10 min later ) start cam---> yellow blinking sequence with suddenly stop -----> SDformatting card -----> start cam----> properly functioning or yellow again....!( repeating testing ) and so on . In the near past I remember a little shock (down on the floor from 1 meter high , could be this contact guilty of some mechanical (responsible of variable behavior ) derangement inside ? If I will try to openthe case could I find something wrong with my newbie eyes ? ( warranty no matter ) . Thank you very much

I don't have a camera stamped 28-2-14 so I'm using an earlier version.
One small detail, but I don't think it should make a difference, is you should safely remove (eject) your camera and then press the power button before disconnecting it from the PC. I'm following your instructions exactly, so I haven't done this.
I'll post my results in a few of days.
forgot to mention V2.18 firmware but its in my other posts.
also forgot is I safely remove from PC, sometimes I do sometimes I don't but I don't think it matters with the fault, its everytime without fail it does it.
PSU I use is 5V@1.5A so it has plenty of grunt.
will wait to hear back from you. thanks.

I went ahead and change the micro sd to another manufacturer and still the Mobius turns on to a standby mode whether I power it via external power or turn it on using the internal battery. I am at a loss and will have to buy different dashcam. Complete waste of money and time.

Who did you buy it from? Just contact the seller, I'm sure they will swap it for you, you definitely tried all you can to fix it.

What are good settings to set the Mobius to to avoid the bright lights? At night time, the traffic lights and my own headlights are very bright and cover the cars license plates directly in front of me

I'm also having same problem as you. Been searching all threads in here hoping to find some help.
Day recordings too bright almost overexposed. Night ones worst. Oncoming headlights flares and white out almost whole screen.
I'm upgraded firmware to v2.18. most settings are at normal.

Back