Mobius support thread and Tech Guide (post all problems/help requests here) Read posts #1-8 first

Please ignore my earlier post.
Did a system restore on my PC and everything seem to work now.
Set up my camera with msetup. PC see's camera have v2.18 FW. Guess everything's good.

Mobius not recognised by PC.
I have been changing the settings for the last 4 days trying for some ultimate setting using mSetup exe.
Today I did a in camera format of my Kington 32 gb class 10 card and re upgrade FW to v2.18. While installing the FW, program freezed up. Waited for .40" and pointer still shows the hourglass. Now my PC (Window 7) cannot see the camera. Camera still shows steady yellow led on top and steady red led at back. I also did a reset on the camera.
Please advise what I can do. Thanks.
You'll need a card reader which only costs a $1 or two or may already be built into your PC. You can also use a second Mobius or a #16 if you have one at hand.
Use your external card reader to format your card with SDFormatter.
Copy the firmware bin file (FWTLCAM.BIN) to the empty card. The zipped file can be found at
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showpost.php?p=25170908&postcount=3
or on your PC in the same folder as mSetup.exe. It's better to download the original again, just in case the file on your PC is corrupted.
Make sure the Mobius battery is fully charged, turned off, and the USB plug is disconnected.
Remove the card from the card reader (or 2nd Mobius, #16) and insert it into your Mobius.
Turn on the Mobius. The blue LED will start to flash. Wait until you see the red LED flash three times or wait 60 seconds.
When the firmware update is successfully completed the firmware bin file should no longer be on the card.
Your camera should now work again properly.

If you have a super capacitor installed the update routine is slightly different:
After you have copied the firmware bin file to your empty card and put the card back into the camera, DO NOT turn on the camera!
Instead, connect the camera to your PC and the update procedure should begin automatically. DO NOT press any buttons. You can also do this if you have the battery installed - your choice.

In case of failure, you can repeat the above procedure many times.

[EDIT] I spent too long proof-reading! Anyway, I'm glad everything now works as expected. [/EDIT]

Thanks for the quick reply. It was my PC that create the problem. Believe I've corrected it now. Will remember your instructions just in case.

Guys, what is optimal amps for car charger for mobius? Is 1 amp enough?

Right now I have one cheap*** charger that has one usb charging port but i dont know how many amps it has for the same reason
Also, my car has a port but it will turn mobius into data mode as if it was a pc

It's enough if it actually delivers 1A, as opposed to claiming 1A but delivering less ... a common issue with cheap car chargers.

I just go by how it works but not 100% if it is 1 amp, I am planning to get one that delivers 2amps and 1 amp on 2nd port as I need one for my phone.

I just go by how it works but not 100% if it is 1 amp, I am planning to get one that delivers 2amps and 1 amp on 2nd port as I need one for my phone.

1A isn't enough to charge my phone when I'm using a SatNav App. I use a Scosche reVolt C2 charger, which easily copes with the simultaneous demands of Mobius & phone.

On the basis of my Anker power bank & Anker 5 port USB wall charger, I would also recommend Anker as a quality brand from which to choose a car charger.

Another HUGE problem with my Mobius. running super capacitor.
been testing it a bit more, as I have been testing I thought I haven't had it running long enough to generate files as nothing is there sometimes when I have it running for 30 seconds or so. I tested further.
I hooked it up to my 12V -5V 1.5A supply from a 12V8AH battery and it started recording fine. put in computer theres the recordings. ejected safely, waited a couple of hours and came back and plugged it in and ran it for 15 minutes. the yellow light flashing on and off once a second as is the red one at the rear, you would think it is recording wouldn't you?? but NO!!!! plugged into my computer and no recordings have been made since the last one a couple of hours ago. so I ejected safely again, plugged back into power and ran it for a minute, unplugged and plugged into computer and it had recorded the entire minute, that worked fine.
anyone else had this issue? im still testing further.

Firmware v2.25 now released
After testing a number of intermediate versions v2.25 has been released. It can be downloaded from:

This version contains a few bug fixes and tweaks, for example:
● The occasional phantom line, especially in 720p, has been corrected. Also the occasional black frame that occurred under certain lighting conditions should have been eliminated.
● The file protection (read-only) should now work correctly. To summarize:

• If the current clip is less than 1 minute long, both the previous file and the current file will be locked.
  • If there is less than 1 minute before the end of the current clip, both the current file and the following file will be locked.
  • If the current clip is more than 1 minute long but there is still more than 1 minute recording time until the clip is completed then only the current file will be locked.

Last edited:
1A isn't enough to charge my phone when I'm using a SatNav App. I use a Scosche reVolt C2 charger, which easily copes with the simultaneous demands of Mobius & phone.

On the basis of my Anker power bank & Anker 5 port USB wall charger, I would also recommend Anker as a quality brand from which to choose a car charger.

I have an Anker 24W dual-Port USB Car Charger (4.8 Amps - 2.4 Amps to each port) that I am quite pleased with. My only nit-pick is that it has no LED pilot light indicator which Anker claims as a "feature" because it is less distracting but that I find to be desirable.

I also have a RAVPower Dual USB Car Charger (15.5W / 3.1Amps - one 2.1 Amp and one 1 Amp port) that I use in my other 12V socket which is a bit less expensive but of excellent quality. (has an indicator LED)

Another HUGE problem with my Mobius. running super capacitor.
been testing it a bit more, as I have been testing I thought I haven't had it running long enough to generate files as nothing is there sometimes when I have it running for 30 seconds or so. I tested further.
I hooked it up to my 12V -5V 1.5A supply from a 12V8AH battery and it started recording fine. put in computer theres the recordings. ejected safely, waited a couple of hours and came back and plugged it in and ran it for 15 minutes. the yellow light flashing on and off once a second as is the red one at the rear, you would think it is recording wouldn't you?? but NO!!!! plugged into my computer and no recordings have been made since the last one a couple of hours ago. so I ejected safely again, plugged back into power and ran it for a minute, unplugged and plugged into computer and it had recorded the entire minute, that worked fine.
anyone else had this issue? im still testing further.

I have found a fault pattern, my camera aint working as it should be, I connect to PC, read files, eject safely, run it up with power, starts recording ok, run it for 5 minutes and take power away, leave a couple of hours, reconnect to power for 5 minutes, disconnect from power, leave for couple of hours, reconnect to power, run 5 minutes, disconnect from power.
I did this sequence then connected to PC and it had no recordings apart from the first few minutes after disconnecting from PC the first time I powered it up. I am finding that recordings will only ever record one time after disconnecting from PC, once power is removed and not connected to PC again then it wont record after second and subsequent power reconnections.
anyone know whats going on here?? Isoprop???

Firmware v2.25 now released
After testing a number of intermediate versions v2.25 has been released. It can be downloaded from:

This version contains a few bug fixes and tweaks, for example:
● The occasional phantom line, especially in 720p, has been corrected. Also the occasional black frame that occurred under certain lighting conditions should have been eliminated.
● The file protection (read-only) should now work correctly. To summarize:

• If the current clip is less than 1 minute long, both the previous file and the current file will be locked.
  • If there is less than 1 minute before the end of the current clip, both the current file and the following file will be locked.
  • If the current clip is more than 1 minute long but there is still more than 1 minute recording time until the clip is completed then only the current file will be locked.

Was the night quality fixed?

Fault confirmed, need fix now. Isoprop? can you test this scenario for me.
same as above, hook camera up to PC, safely remove, plug into power source to start recording for 10 minutes, unplug from power source, let sit for an hour, plug in again, leds flash as if recording for 5 minutes then unplug, let sit for half hour, plug in again, leds start flashing(about once per second) as if recording for 5 minutes then unplug and plug into PC.
only the first recording of 10 minutes recorded, the other 5 minute recordings didn't record. my system config file is the same as previously posted.

G'day folks,it's been a while since i've frequented this site(as my Mobius has been running flawlessly).
Until now :( .
I've got a problem with my wide lens Mobius.
Long story short,this is what happens when I try to power it on;

Pressing the power button,I get these light flashes:
Blue light
(4 second pause)
Orange/Amber light and immediately to
15 red flashes
then rapid red flashes(for about 7 seconds)
then Mobius powers off completely.

This happens (with cable plugged into Mobius) in the car and also with just internal battery.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks in advance :)

I take it you've tried the obvious stuff like reformatting the card, tried another card, reset settings etc?

That's sounds like a card issue for sure. You're routinely formatting the card a few times a year?

This indicates no sd card or full sd card or sd card needs formatting, if your camera has been working ok previously you may not have loop recording selected

G'day folks,it's been a while since i've frequented this site(as my Mobius has been running flawlessly).
Until now :( .
I've got a problem with my wide lens Mobius.
Long story short,this is what happens when I try to power it on;

Pressing the power button,I get these light flashes:
Blue light
(4 second pause)
Orange/Amber light and immediately to
15 red flashes
then rapid red flashes(for about 7 seconds)
then Mobius powers off completely.

This happens (with cable plugged into Mobius) in the car and also with just internal battery.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks in advance :)

It's always a good idea to consult the Mobius owner's manual when you run into a glitch like this.

Here is the relevant section from the manual in regard to your problem.

Mobius.png

You can download a PDF of the Mobius manual from this LINK.

Was the night quality fixed?
I'm not aware of any night quality issue. The firmware does all that's possible with the given DSP/sensor/lens so you can't expect better low-light video with these components.
If low-light exposure is increased then other problems occur. For example black frames like in v0.59 or thin phantom lines or flickering exposures.
Some problems only occur under very specific lighting conditions so it's difficult to test and find the sweet spot. We've tested many versions since the last release but sometime the tweaking just has to come to an end.
In general I find v2.25 performs a little better in low-light than in any previous versions. However, there will always be a frame or two that may be better exposed in another version. You have to compare an entire clip with different scenes.

So I have my Mobius attached to the car charger plugged into the power outlet. When I start the car it doesn't turn on (It's on external and power on manually to turn on camera mode setting already)... when I manually turn it on and press record, it goes for 30 seconds until it turns off again... why is it doing this?

Back