Mobius support thread and Tech Guide (post all problems/help requests here) Read posts #1-8 first

The original "My bad" :ROFLMAO:

It always takes me some relearning when going into msetup. Part of that is my aging brain, part is my lack of computer-related skills, and part is that once you get it set up it stays that way so you hardly ever need to use msetup ;) Still all for the good; no other camera is so widely adaptable to anyone's specific needs and everyone can get the most this camera can give them through msetup. Nothing quite like it :cool:

Phil

Help! My Mobius is not saving any videos to the SD card. The yellow light flashes to indicate it is recording, however when I put the card into the computer or connect the Mobius via USB the DCIM folder is empty. Have tried formatting and multiple SD cards with no luck. I am using the latest firmware. Thanks

Have a thorough look at the msetup programme and look at the saved settings and see what the video recording settings are saved as? It could be in photo mode every time you try to record possibly?

Have a thorough look at the msetup programme and look at the saved settings and see what the video recording settings are saved as? It could be in photo mode every time you try to record possibly?

I positively will not admit to doing exactly this myself once, then wondering WTF when the cam 'misbehaved' after I reinstalled it :rolleyes:

Phil

With a many Mobii in use as there are, nobody can be the only one who has done something like this- or anything else which is possible with this somewhat complicated but nonetheless awesome cam :whistle:

Phil

quick question: just got the mobius today, while i know i need to configure the camera, do i need to download and install the newest firmware v2.41 or is it already installed? i found it on the RC group forum but not sure as the first 8posts of this thread are several years old while the rc group edit was dated june 25, 2017. thanks in advance --total newbie here

Use the GUI interface and it will tell you which version it is now and you can update from there
ok thank you--- i'm going to try to get everything set up tomorrow and install the capacitor.... hopefully i'll get it right... i have a class 4 micro sd that i'm going to try for the time being and might try to make a polarized filter too.... so ready to get this up and running

power up my mobius, which is standing on the shelf for more than 5 months, only to discover that it was not acting right. (red-yellow flashing... etc).
After some tinkering/trying to debug the problem, which include manual reset, checking/formatting the sd card, I came to the conclusion (i should have check this in the first place) that the battery is dead (all swollen and gives off some scent).

Scouring the net, all I can find is this https://www.amazon.com/gp/B01FTIGMZ4Was wondering if there are other seller that you can recommend?

Note:
I've already have a capacitor on hand (for future use) , I could technically use this in combination with a powerbank but that would be too cumbersome to use.

power up my mobius, which is standing on the shelf for more than 5 months, only to discover that it was not acting right. (red-yellow flashing... etc).
After some tinkering/trying to debug the problem, which include manual reset, checking/formatting the sd card, I came to the conclusion (i should have check this in the first place) that the battery is dead (all swollen and gives off some scent).

Scouring the net, all I can find is this https://www.amazon.com/gp/B01FTIGMZ4Was wondering if there are other seller that you can recommend?

Note:
I've already have a capacitor on hand (for future use) , I could technically use this in combination with a powerbank but that would be too cumbersome to use.

this seller has the software and is listed in the first post of this thread as a legit seller---but i haven't bought from them... i did use the msetup though without trouble (so far i think)

https://www.buymobius.com/collections/mobius-batteries/products/mobius-actioncam-820mah-battery

Note:

sorry i think this was the place i got the msetup and they have the battery too

https://www.mobius-actioncam.com/accessories/battery-power/

Cheapest battery will probably be from Banggood
Slow shipping, poor CS etc as is usual with them but they do have all the Mobius parts ;)

Phil

Newbie here with a problem. Have an original Mobius that the msetup software (4.01) won't recognize. It's using firmware 2.25 (formerly 2.41 but I downgraded in the hope that might fix it). Tried different cables of different lengths, different ports, rebooted ... no luck.

Camera records just fine and I can read the files through the mini USB, but msetup keeps giving me the same message. I searched this forum and picked through the 145 pages of this thread to no avail. Anybody else have this happen and figure out a solution?

Mobius error.png

Have you tried de-selectimg automatic firmware and msetup updates under "tools" ? Not sure if that will help though it should eliminate one possible snag.

It seems to be finding the cam so maybe corrupt firmware (reload manually), bad SD card (try different card), or a hardware failure. @Dashmellow or @Isoprop know more than me on Mobius, maybe they can chime in here.

Phil

It appears as though mSetup is recognizing a memory card but not a Mobius camera. If the camera is recognized in mSetup it should say "Mobius ActionCam" and show the firmware version number currently installed on the camera. Notice on @T-Lam's mSetup screen shot the camera is not showing up as in my screen shot. It is showing the name Mobius in the E: volume though but I've not seen that behavior before.

I'm really not sure what the problem is here. I would also suggest trying a different memory card. Boot the camera with the new card in it first and then connect it to the computer and see if
anything changes.

The other message is telling you that mSetup is not able to connect to the internet to look for firmware updates or mSetup updates but that is a separate issue. Either way, it can be ignored because there have been no recent updates to either the firmware or mSetup.

msetup.jpg

Mobius error.png

Last edited:
Have you tried a USB hub?

There's a well known issue with the mini USB port part failing on the camera, and one of the issues is the software can't see the camera. Connecting via a USB hub usually solves this.

As for Mobius, expect community help, but when I had an issue on my camera that I posted in here some while ago, Mobius simply ignored it.

It's well known to my knowledge that the mini usb connector wears over time and a wire disconnects inside that then leaves the camera undetectable except via a hub. It's the result of repeated disconnection / connection of the usb cable.

https://dashcamtalk.com/forum/threads/mobius-is-not-recognized.3991/

I had the issue on mine before it finally went to it's graveyard.

Back