Mobius support thread and Tech Guide (post all problems/help requests here) Read posts #1-8 first

Anyone know who has V3 replacement boards?
You could contact eletoponline365 direct via their eBay page. They will have items available to purchase even if they don't list them for sale.

Alternatively, you can try one of the US authorised resellers.

Hi.
Is there a way to make the mobius record longer than 1min if triggered by 'power on-auto record' and then shut down by itself? Currently, I can only make it run for 1min and then auto shut down.

Settings used:
power on delay-fast
power off standby-2mins
power on-auto record-external only
power off disconnect-1min
motion detection-off
video clip length-max

thanks.

Hi.
Is there a way to make the mobius record longer than 1min if triggered by 'power on-auto record' and then shut down by itself? Currently, I can only make it run for 1min and then auto shut down.

Settings used:
power on delay-fast
power off standby-2mins
power on-auto record-external only
power off disconnect-1min
motion detection-off
video clip length-max

thanks.
Are you using a short burst of external power to trigger a recording? With those settings, if the external power remains connected, it should keep recording until 1min after you turn off external power.

If you set 'power-off disconnect' to 'disabled' it will probably keep recording until the battery runs out.

Are you using a short burst of external power to trigger a recording?
Yes.
With those settings, if the external power remains connected, it should keep recording until 1min after you turn off external power.
It is already recording for 1 min. I need more than 1 min of recording if possible.
If you set 'power-off disconnect' to 'disabled' it will probably keep recording until the battery runs out.
I want it to record for 3-5mins and then turn off.

It looks as if you want to use a microcontroller to trigger the recording. Couldn´t you write the code that there is a second short burst within this minute or after it shut down after the minute?

It is already recording for 1 min. I need more than 1 min of recording if possible.
The options for the Mobius 1 are 10s, 30s, 60s, or continue until the battery dies. I doubt Mobius will update the FW to include more options, so you may need a DIY solution. Can you rig up a timer switch to a USB power supply?

Have you tried using your Maxi instead? It has more options up to 10 minutes:

The options for the Mobius 1 are 10s, 30s, 60s, or continue until the battery dies. I doubt Mobius will update the FW to include more options, so you may need a DIY solution. Can you rig up a timer switch to a USB power supply?

View attachment 46711

Have you tried using your Maxi instead? It has more options up to 10 minutes:
View attachment 46712
Mine has this weird issue, so prefer to use it for recording short clips.
Maxi is working fine, so I keep it on all the time.

Hi,

I cannot switch on the Mobius camera.

1) When connected to power cable, nothing happens. Then by pressing power button top led light turns green and remains on. On second press of power button top led light gives one blue blink and rear led 3 red blinks, and after that all light turns off..
2) When power cable disconnected and power button pressed then top led light gives one blue blink and rear led 2 red blinks, after that all light turns off.

PC (win10) does not recognize the camera.
Tried to press reset button with and without cable, no any blinks of led lights.
Used cable, sd card and pc which works with Mobius Maxi camera.
Never opened the camera and all parts are original.
Camera was used since 2016.

Thanks in advance for your advice!

Hi,

I cannot switch on the Mobius camera.

1) When connected to power cable, nothing happens. Then by pressing power button top led light turns green and remains on. On second press of power button top led light gives one blue blink and rear led 3 red blinks, and after that all light turns off..
2) When power cable disconnected and power button pressed then top led light gives one blue blink and rear led 2 red blinks, after that all light turns off.

PC (win10) does not recognize the camera.
Tried to press reset button with and without cable, no any blinks of led lights.
Used cable, sd card and pc which works with Mobius Maxi camera.
Never opened the camera and all parts are original.
Camera was used since 2016.

Thanks in advance for your advice!
Are you saying you have used the Mobius since 2016, and now it has this fault?

I would recommend looking inside at the battery - it might need replacing

I'm trying to get one of my 2 Mobius One to use as webcam, but sound won't come through (yes I have set H264 and audio in settings).

Anyone else have that?

Sound comes through when recording on SD card, and in VLC, but not in ZOOM....

nobody have that?

I get sound when recording on a Mobius 1 in webcam mode. I generally use QuickTime for Mobius webcam purposes because it works very well and is very easy to use. For some odd reason I've never been able to get my Mobius cams to work properly in webcam mode with any version VLC either on the Mac or Windows and I'm afraid I don't have any experience with Zoom so I can't offer any feedback on that. But yes, the sound should function in webcam mode.

I get sound when recording on a Mobius 1 in webcam mode. I generally use QuickTime for Mobius webcam purposes because it works very well and is very easy to use. For some odd reason I've never been able to get my Mobius cams to work properly in webcam mode with any version VLC either on the Mac or Windows and I'm afraid I don't have any experience with Zoom so I can't offer any feedback on that. But yes, the sound should function in webcam mode.
mmm dunno if it helps (i could not see any image) BUT on VLC interface for mac I could open the audio when H264+audio was selected (there was not such an Option with MJPG setting while opening VLC in could open video but not audio).
I could not see any image, thus no idea if it works.
Edit: i can see image now, both in QuickTime and VLC: seems unstable though with audio (on both)

Last edited:
mmm dunno if it helps (i could not see any image) BUT on VLC interface for mac I could open the audio when H264+audio was selected (there was not such an Option with MJPG setting while opening VLC in could open video but not audio).
I could not see any image, thus no idea if it works.
Edit: i can see image now, both in QuickTime and VLC: seems unstable though with audio (on both)

I've had no luck with VLC but I'll explore further. Because of my need to support some vital older legacy software I'm still on an older OS so that could be the issue. I'm about to buy a new machine though and keep the older machine in use so I'll have the opportunity to find out if the OS version makes a difference. I'm still using Windows 7 for certain functionality too! (it's very well protected behind a VM)

I've had no luck with VLC but I'll explore further. Because of my need to support some vital older legacy software I'm still on an older OS so that could be the issue. I'm about to buy a new machine though and keep the older machine in use so I'll have the opportunity to find out if the OS version makes a difference. I'm still using Windows 7 for certain functionality too! (it's very well protected behind a VM)
I tried on an old WinXp machine and cannot open audio.
It seems Mobius audio, although I can see the option in both VLC and QT in MAC (and in VLC in win xp, don't have QT on the Win XP machine) cannot really open the audio.
BUT on my mobius mini it works in webcam mode (audio & video) for QT on the MAC and VLC on win XP

I tried on an old WinXp machine and cannot open audio.
It seems Mobius audio, although I can see the option in both VLC and QT in MAC (and in VLC in win xp, don't have QT on the Win XP machine) cannot really open the audio.
BUT on my mobius mini it works in webcam mode (audio & video) for QT on the MAC and VLC on win XP

I guess if it works on the Mobius Mini it must be processor related.

Back