Mobius Telephoto Dashcam

I finally had time to try out my front and rear cameras fitted with the 3MP F1.2 4mm lenses, they are set to Lens C with a narrow field of view which I find looks to have the least fish eye distorsion.
For this alone they are a massive improvement over the stock mobius lens.

The next job is a polerizing filter for the front camera those reflections are very distracting.

Do the the images look OK to you guy's regarding clarity/focus/brightness/contrast.

F1.2 Pic1.jpg

F1.2 Pic2.jpg

F1.2 Pic3.jpg

F1.2 Pic4.jpg

Check out the 5MP range from Fulekan and Treeye.

I finally had time to try out my front and rear cameras fitted with the 3MP F1.2 4mm lenses, they are set to Lens C with a narrow field of view which I find looks to have the least fish eye distorsion.
For this alone they are a massive improvement over the stock mobius lens.

The next job is a polerizing filter for the front camera those reflections are very distracting.

Do the the images look OK to you guy's regarding clarity/focus/brightness/contrast.
I think you have done a good job with focus front & back. I also used Lens C colour profile with this lens. Even with the 'narrow' FOV it's good that you have a tiny bit of the front of the car visible in the front camera.

What advantage does the 5MP lens have over the 3MP on this size sensor.

Interesting thanks for that...does anyone have any side by side examples to look at for comparison.

I've been playing about with the settings a bit and I must say I'am very impressed with 4mm lens is a good choice for dashcam use.

The Treeye 6mm is 3MP.

I remember posting videos using a 6mm from Fulekan, check a few pages back.

Yumiki 6mm could very well be identical to Fulekan's 6mm.

Same for many of these lenses offered by different vendors, especially the varifocals as far as I can tell. However, there are indeed other unique, worthwhile, high quality lenses out there to explore but the market as it is makes it hard to know what you are buying until after it arrives.

Tempted to try the f/1.6 12mm but I doubt it would outperform the current 5MP f/2.0.

The stuffs on Aliexpress takes a long time to ship now. :(

Back