Mobius USB Control

Mr. Actioncam

Reaction score
Country
United States
I'm trying to control the Mobius camera via the USB interface. For example, issuing a command from a computer or controller to the camera to start and stop recording to its local microSD card.

Apparently the Mobius is pre-programmed to take commands from the Traqmate via USB:
http://www.traqmate.com/downloads/Mobius/Mobius Camera User Manual.pdf

I'm not sure if it really has builtin support from the Traqmate (like it claims), or if the Traqmate just powers the camera on by opening the USB connection, and the Mobius camera is set to automatically record when powered on.

It may also be possible to do it via the UVC api.

Has anyone looked into controlling the Mobius camera via USB?

I'm trying to control the Mobius camera via the USB interface. For example, issuing a command from a computer or controller to the camera to start and stop recording to its local microSD card.

Apparently the Mobius is pre-programmed to take commands from the Traqmate via USB:

I'm not sure if it really has builtin support from the Traqmate (like it claims), or if the Traqmate just powers the camera on by opening the USB connection, and the Mobius camera is set to automatically record when powered on.

I have never heard of Traqmate and I haven't a clue what you/they mean by built-in support for the Traqmate. I am not aware of any USB interface where it's possible to control the Mobius. I'm sure if the developer had implemented this functionality we would have heard about it. In fact, I very much doubt it's even possible with the current code library. For USB functionality to work the camera must be in disk mode which means it can't be controlled at the same time. I could be wrong, but I suspect there's a misunderstanding somewhere. I suggest you contact Traqmate and ask them what they mean by 'control'. I would be interested to read their reply :)

I think that's most likely explanation. Much like having a vacuum cleaner with power takeoff so it only runs when your power tool is running (and so creating dust)

I suggest you contact Traqmate and ask them what they mean by 'control'. I would be interested to read their reply :)
Thanks for your response. I'll do exactly that and let you know what they say.

Last edited:
Emailed Traqmate. Looks like they just power the camera on and it starts recording. Just as I thought.

Last edited:
Therau2000's Mobius tools app allows you to record from the Mobius, change settings and view files.

Back