Mobius using a helmet mount in car

Indiana1971

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all.

I finally decided to permanently install my mobius in my Audi A4. I used a helmet mount instead of the normal mounts and I think it makes it look more of a smarter finish. It sits just under the rear view mirror and looks like it was factory fitted. Very satisfying.

image.jpg

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    197.6 KB · Views: 53
I am still deciding about final position in my E46. I will use similar sized "DR32 mount". Do you have the picture from the face of the car? It seems to me that (at least in E46) under the rearview mirror is just too low for my liking. But it is great position for short period parking camera (you can turn it left or right, depending which side you want to "protect"). I want to go as high and unobstructed as possible, with the ability to turn it left and right 90°...and it's proving very difficult to find a perfect position, even with the small mount as mine.

Hi daki_bmw

I have added a few more photos of the mobius using a helmet mount instead of the usual dedicated car mounts.

One is front facing from outside of the car the other is the view from my driving position. I guess, because I have a black rear view mirror case as well as headlining, it looks, in my point very smart.

It is not obstructive at all from the drivers position. Also you can clearly see the rear red light on the mobius flashing as a double check that it is actually on and recording.

Turning it left and right 90 degrees is easy too. In fact, leave enough cable free, you could turn it 180 degrees to record the full intrerior of the car if so desired

I too did not want the mobius too much in the way, but I find this position perfect.

(You may also see in the rear view mirror the old dashcam mount for my rear facing mobius. I will be replacing this with a helmet mount also. For £2 UK pounds it is a cheap replacement. https://www.ebay.com/itm/130994410477
Hope this helps

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    219 KB · Views: 99
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    284.2 KB · Views: 91
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    264.7 KB · Views: 85
Great, thanks for the pictures. Actually, it deosn't look low at all from outside, and you still have all the advantages you mentioned (turning the camera basically 360° in horizontal plane). I guess I'll still have to experiment some more with my mount...I'll try different position and fix the mount with painter's tape lol and look like an idiot, before I decide to permanently fix it with supplied double sticky pad. :)

That looks good - Thanks! I've just ordered two (one for the helmet)

Frank

Back