Mobius V2 vs Joovuu X

I assume you could "rip" frames off a sensor at a rate that exceed what the sensor can do, but then you will just get duplicate frames.sort of what cameras do to get good night footage but still be "60"fps, where it is in truth 2 X 30 FPS as there is 2 similar of each frame to make up 60FPS.
Cus with current sensors you just cant have true 60 FPS and good low light footage.

The mobius is definitely an enthusiasts camera - we're not, nor do I aim it to be.

One thing which I do think puts a lot of people off the M2 (I say a lot because I've had 3 emails about this within about 5 days so I'm assuming more people are thinking this than saying this) is the image the Mobius 2 uses on their ebay page is at best photoshopped or at worse shows virtually no difference in quality.

This thread has actually helped my business so thank you, got a few sales from it which is always nice :)

I have no interest in taking on Mobius, I have no interest in 'beating' them or anything. As I'm sure @jokiin has no interest in taking on and beating the A118/9 camera - it's just not worth it. Our cameras stop being the same at the similar ish design, we have completely different ethos, completely different development paths, completely different reasoning, we're just different.

I will always think my camera is better, some people will always think the M2 is better and that's fine - we're in a good place with car cameras where we can have a multitude of cameras to choose from.

I really don't like advertising the X on these forums because I don't believe it's in the spirit of them, so any questions on why we used X (no pun intended) Y Z please just ask or PM me. I'll be happy to post information about my camera but I won't slag off another camera at its expense :)

Cheers,

Considering all the reviewing, testing, comparing, analyzing and discussing of different dash cams that happens on this web site, the notion of making a decision to purchase the Mobius 2 or not before practically anyone has even got their hands on one is patently ridiculous, as is the shallow notion of dismissing a camera because of some absurdly obvious Photoshoped promotional illustrations.

This thread has actually helped my business so thank you, got a few sales from it which is always nice :)

When a guy who runs a commercial dash cam review site decides to drop by a forum like this to start a thread and say, "I've been going through the Mobius V2 and it seems the Joovuu X is a better choice," without having ever having even held the new Mobius camera in his hand, tested it in any way or seen any actual footage, that's what can happen and it may well even be the intention.

The whole thing doesn't pass the sniff test, raises questions and as far as I am concerned completely undermines the credibility of any reviews from @AndrewL's dash cam "review" site.

Sorry if this sounds harsh but one would expect a "professional" camera reviewer with his own review site to know better and it should come as no surprise that people will call him out about it.

Last edited:
I believe: bias happens to everyone. And Andrew already know JooVuu is owner of JooVuu X camera. So I think we don't need to talk about this anymore. :D

I believe: bias happens to everyone. And Andrew already know JooVuu is owner of JooVuu X camera. So I think we don't need to talk about this anymore. :D

When the owner of a dash cam review site shows clear bias, why should members of a forum about dash cams where he has posted a recommendation of one camera featured on his web site over another camera he has never tested not discuss it?

Last edited:
I did my best to explain how I separate a review and "on first appearance" style questions to get to the truth. I have had literally two conversations with the JooVuu company, once with Emma who offered me a sample back in March. Once with the founder for the first time yesterday.

If I was out to promote JooVuu you wouldn't think I would have reviewed the camera by now? I don't need to create a thread on Dash Cam Talk to spread my "propaganda". I'm looking to learn just like everyone else that's passionate about dash cameras.

If you think my reviews are biased, well I tried my best. Can't please everyone.

Last edited:
It could be argued that some members here are showing bias in their attacks but this in itself will be attacked. This is why we spend less time here, too many fanboys, too many bullies, too much hatred.

Yeah, i understand every seller/manufacturers has bias when say about his product.(maybe i only see Rick seem don't, and i was ready suprised about this). Everyone know it. So when we talk about it directly, it can make a argument for nothing.
And i think AndrewL may has some misunderstand or unknow something about some model dashcams. But as he said, he tried his best.

I did my best to explain how I separate a review and "on first appearance" style questions to get to the truth. I have had literally two conversations with the JooVuu company, once with Emma who offered me a sample back in March. Once with the founder for the first time yesterday.

If I was out to promote JooVuu you wouldn't think I would have reviewed the camera by now? I don't need to create a thread on Dash Cam Talk to spread my "propaganda". I'm looking to learn just like everyone else that's passionate about dash cameras.

If you think my reviews are biased, well I tried my best. Can't please everyone.

I am sorry @AndrewL but your exact words were, "I've been going through the Mobius V2 and it seems the Joovuu X is a better choice. Better video quality, looks better built, uses capacitors."

What does "going through" mean?....... and how should people seeing this thread take that particular remark coming from a man known as a professional dash cam reviewer? "Going through" sure sounds like you've had your hands on one.

Of course, regardless of what you actually meant by "going through", how carefully could you have "gone through" it if your facts about the specs or availability of a super-capacitor are completely wrong or non-existent?

How can any "reputable, credible" reviewer think it is somehow OK to make a statement that a camera they are recommending and profiting from recommending has "Better video quality" than a camera from which they have never seen any video from?

When one visits CarCamCentral.com, your dash cam review site, the very first words they see are"

Welcome!

"We review dash cameras and give recommendations based on our hands on testing."

You claim above that, "If I was out to promote JooVuu you wouldn't think I would have reviewed the camera by now?

Really?

Since you categorically state on your web site that, "Unlike other websites we test all recommended cameras thoroughly", why would you then go on to recommend the JooVuu-X on your website as one of your, "current picks for the top dash cameras.....under the heading of "Best dash cams of 2016" with an affiliate link to Amazon?

Your exact words under your Amazon links and link back to JooVuu-X.com are, "I think this could be a great choice for a lot of drivers." That is most certainly a hearty endorsement and promotion of a camera you admit to having never reviewed and which you now claim you are not promoting!

You also describe the JooVuu-X as: "The JooVuu X is the evolution of the Mobius camera." But as Dan points out, despite the form factor and superficial resemblance, it is a different animal with different design goals, technical features and a different sort of customer demographic. It is most certainly not an "evolution" of the Mobius camera and I think Dan would be the first to tell you that. Only the new Mobius 2 is an evolution of the Mobius. Nevertheless, that apparently hasn't stopped you from drawing false unsubstantiated parallels between the JooVuu-X and the Mobius.

So, Dan claims above that, "This thread has actually helped my business so thank you, got a few sales from it,..........so there's that, but whatever your motivations may or may not be here, there is no conceivable way to rationalize or explain away any of this BS. It only serves to undermine your credibility even further.

The only thing I am really interested in attacking around here is the excessive marketing B.S. and self serving gaming of this website that we keep seeing more and more of around here. My bias is in favor of honesty and integrity of all those who have any commercial interests around here, nothing more.

Last edited:
EDIT:
Due to yet again more hatred and bullying I will no longer be responding in this thread.

Please PM me or join us on our forums that don't have this bullying and hatred to ask questions :)

Kind regards,

Dan

Dashmellow <----- It's the man i can trust, but i don't want to be his target. Ha ha ha :oops::eek::cool::p

I've stopped caring. I'll ask the owner to lock this thread as I really can't be bothered with this - I have more important things to do than engage with closed mind fanboys.

Hey, shut down anyone who points out unpleasant truths. There you go.

Dan, I've had nothing negative whatsoever to say about you or the JooVuu-X camera here, so I'm not clear what you are so worked up about.

I hope "the owner" will make an effort to prevent anyone with any sort of commercial interests on the site from making false, unsubstantiated claims about any product.

EDIT:
Due to yet again more hatred and bullying I will no longer be responding in this thread.

Please PM me or join us on our forums that don't have this bullying and hatred to ask questions :)

Kind regards,

Dan

Factually calling out obvious BS and misrepresentation is not hatred or bullying.

I'm also done with this thread.

The JooVuuX was posted under the "Promising Section" along with the Street Guardian SG9665GC, OPIA2, and Blackvue DR3500 NOT under cameras I recommended.

Last edited:
I'm also done with this thread.

The JooVuuX was posted under the "Promising Section" along with the Street Guardian SG9665GC, OPIA2, and Blackvue DR3500 NOT under cameras I recommended.

Well, if a camera is featured on your site with an affiliate link under "Best Dash Cameras in 2016 and the statement: "I think this could be a great choice for a lot of drivers", it is a recommendation.

Like I've said, a critical thinker could not conclude otherwise.

EDIT:

Kind regards,

Dan

I don't think @Dashmellow is showing bias, hatred or bullying. He may perhaps be a little impassioned or aggressive, but I don't see anything that could be categorized as your describe. Perhaps you could explain what you mean by those words or why you feel that way. From my point of view, he made several extremely valid and objective arguments that, if anything, were challenging the threadstarter, not you.

I think your comment about bringing sales your way firmly entrenched you in this discussion and perhaps even raised suspicions on collusion for some, despite what may have otherwise been totally unintentional on your part. As an impartial consumer with absolutely no dog in this fight, at the very least, I'd hope you'd address that part of your comment fully and do so publicly. I'm very interested in your explanation, but not if I have to PM you or go to some other forum to find out. Your choice to not back-out or redirect this elsewhere would, for me personally, tell me a lot about you, your product and what your brand or "ethos" represents.

According to the video I checked from Mobius 2, the video quality is not so good at this moment, they have lots of work to do.
I don't think they use IMX291 sensor, someone talked they use Panasonic 2MP sensor, the video quality is similar as one of my dashcam which use Hisilicon chipset and Panasonic 2MP sensor.

Develop camera based on Hisilicon, really require a very powerful develop team, Hisilicon only provide basic SDK not like Novatek.

Back