mobius video clips buzzing noise

Remus

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
does anyone else get a low buzzing sound from the audio when watching the clips back?, i've tried recording by just using the power of the battery to rule out any interference from the cigarette lighter connection but the buzz still remains. also its not a continuous buzz there's a half second pause...should i return it?

they are all like this.

From the Mobius Manual...

Q. There is a distinctive buzzing or clicking noise when videos are played back.

A. Only use quality micro SD cards with a class rating of 4 or above. Low quality cards can draw excessive current which may result in electrical noise in the recording.

they are all like this.
really?

From the Mobius Manual...

Q. There is a distinctive buzzing or clicking noise when videos are played back.

A. Only use quality micro SD cards with a class rating of 4 or above. Low quality cards can draw excessive current which may result in electrical noise in the recording.

its good quality, its a samsung class 6 card...16gb

remus, i tried 2 types of micro sd cards, both had the same buzzing noise..

does anyone else get a low buzzing sound from the audio when watching the clips back?, i've tried recording by just using the power of the battery to rule out any interference from the cigarette lighter connection but the buzz still remains. also its not a continuous buzz there's a half second pause...should i return it?
Can you share video so we can hear.

sure, listen closely and use headphones if possible, thanks

This is typical, mostly Novatek based dashcams "tick-tac" noise. In many cases ( but not always ) it is due to microphone being too close to card reader / writer slot.

Just in case try Class 10 U1 Card. You Samsung Class 6 ( 16Gb ) might be "tired" ?

hmm well the samsung one is brand new but i will buy a kingston micro sd and see if its the same

hmm well the samsung one is brand new but i will buy a kingston micro sd and see if its the same
If you going to buy "other brand" try to find 32Gb Class 10 U1 Speed. I have good experience with Transcend 300x and Lexar 300x series. They are not that expencive, 13-15usd for 32Gb.

Lexar ( by Micron ) is officialy used by GoPro.

It may not be a case of memory card brand / type, but its worth to try.

Open up the case and use a stethoscope to find out which component is generating the noise, then put a blob of hot glue over it so that the noise can't get to the microphone and be recorded... It will be one of the inductors causing that noise...

If you going to buy "other brand" try to find 32Gb Class 10 U1 Speed. I have good experience with Transcend 300x and Lexar 300x series. They are not that expencive, 13-15usd for 32Gb.

Lexar ( by Micron ) is officialy used by GoPro.

It may not be a case of memory card brand / type, but its worth to try.

thanks for the tip niko i will look for lexar or transcend card

thanks for the tip niko i will look for lexar or transcend card

But first try @Nigel suggestion. It may look also related to the microphone as I mentioned in my earlier post. If this doesnt help, then go with trying other memory card.

Open up the case and use a stethoscope to find out which component is generating the noise, then put a blob of hot glue over it so that the noise can't get to the microphone and be recorded... It will be one of the inductors causing that noise...

like a stethoscope that a doctor would use lol?

like a stethoscope that a doctor would use lol?
They are a bit big, the sort used for cars where the end is just a point would work better.

If you open the case then you will probably be able to hear the noise with your ears, but you wont easily be able to tell which component is creating it. If you get a short thin non-conductive stick, put one end on each component in turn and the other end against your ear then you may be able to work it out. If not then try putting a blob of glue over every inductor, don't put any on the chips though as they could overheat. You just want to stop the noise getting to the microphone. Ceramic capacitors can also generate audible noise, but I think that is normally quite high frequency.

Changing memory card may effect the noise since different cards use different amounts of power which will effect the amount/frequency/switching timing of the power going through the inductors, it is unlikely to completely cure it though.

Last edited:
nice advice guys, ive noticed the camera gets really hot though, u think the glue would melt inside?

nice advice guys, ive noticed the camera gets really hot though, u think the glue would melt inside?

Hot-glue melts at 120C, so you should be safe ?

Back