Mobius vs Other DashCams

russ331

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Dash Cam
Mobius B (x2) & A119
Quite a few people like to compare Mobius video quality with other cams. Here's a couple of newly posted videos...

Mobius & DR32 ...

Mobius & FineVu CR-500HD ...

Personally, I prefer the Mobius video over the two competitors, but then I am biased.

Does the FineVu really cost $350?

Last edited:
Great idea to open video comparison thread. I have made few, and will be posting more comparison videos soon.

Here's one of Mobius (standard lens) & Mini 0801 in daylight (the 0801 is 'inset')...

Reactions: Jim
Mobius (Standard & Wide Angle Lenses) & Mini 0801 in daylight...

Great thread. niko has done some excellent comparison videos with the Mobius as well.

In the latest video the best is Sony so far and the worst is... GoPro which also suffer of jello effect.
Mobius can't compare because of different position.

Here is Mobius with WDR on and off:

enjoy,
Mtz

That DR32 is shocking in low light conditions.
In the latest video the best is Sony so far and the worst is... GoPro which also suffer of jello effect.
Mobius can't compare because of different position.

Here is Mobius with WDR on and off:

enjoy,
Mtz

I've noticed the WDR on/off difference is very noticeable where there is next to no street lighting. In most of that video the street lighting is quite bright and doesn't show up the difference too well.

I think by default Mobius have +0.5EV so the image will be always brighter. This will add something a little ”foggy” over the video. But because we are not making artistic movies with the best natural colors, we can accept this brightness added to improve our night recordings.
The value of a camera during night conditions is to add brightness when needed and until now for me the best was Itronics ITB-100HD.
The Mobius firmware will be improved for sure, maybe a new sensor so the final Mobius comparisons with other dashcams including Itronics ITB-100HD will be different, much closer to ITB. And who knows, even better? Hard to beat ITB-100HD during night.

In these comparisons we can judge the brightness, AOV, some colors, white balance but are not precise comparisons about the quality, details, richness of the images because of editing softwares and Youtube lowering the original cameras video quality.

enjoy,
Mtz

Mobius (standard lens 'A') & Mobius (wide angle lens 'B') & Urive Albatross II & DOD LS300W

Top left: Mobius A, FW v0.57. Top right: Mobius B, FW v0.57. Bottom left: Albatross II. Bottom right: Dod LS300W. Night footage. Raining.

Video uploaded by niko. For more information & raw video files...

http://dashcamtalk.com/forum/threads/albatross-ii-vs-mobius-a-b-lens-vs-dod-ls300w-rainy-night.3365/

Mobius (standard lens 'A') & Mobius (wide angle lens 'B') & Innovv C1

Top is Innovv, bottom left is Mobius wide angle, bottom right is Mobius standard lens. Daylight footage. Low Sun.

Video uploaded by JooVuu. For more information...

http://dashcamtalk.com/forum/threads/mobius-standard-wide-angle-lens-vs-innovv-c1.3367/

Mobius & SJ1000

Mobius is bottom left. Night footage.

Last edited by a moderator:
Great idea Russ.

Still waiting for a Wide B lens video at nightime to add to the video info that Dan at JooVuu promised a few days back.

This ones interesting for the daytime. Though its only comparing lens A and Lens B, not another dash cam.

This ones a bit more variety and back onto topic:
Comparison of
- Sony Action Cam AS-15 (bottom right)
- GoPro Black Edition (bottom left)
- ContourRoam (top left)
- Mobius action cam (top right)

Hi,
My Mini 0801 is not working (it was my fault, I dropped it into a bucket of water - don't ask, it's rather embarassing). I will post a comparisson of Mobius standard vs Mobius wide angle at night. I will do it tonight so it should be ready later this evening.

Kind regards,

Hi,
My Mini 0801 is not working (it was my fault, I dropped it into a bucket of water - don't ask, it's rather embarassing). I will post a comparisson of Mobius standard vs Mobius wide angle at night. I will do it tonight so it should be ready later this evening.

Kind regards,
When the Mobius Step 2 firmware is released, most comparisons between the two Mobius lenses will no longer be valid or even possible. This will be especially true for color saturation, contrast and exposure.
For the time being, though, they are valid.

Reactions: Mtz
Mobius (standard & wide angle lenses) & GoPro 3 Black & HoryzonHD v2

Mobius firmware v0.57. WDR on.

Last edited:
Reactions: Mtz
I am sure Mobius will be better with a future firmware.

enjoy,
Mtz

Mobius (standard & wide angle lenses) & GoPro 3 Black & HoryzonHD v2

Mobius firmware v0.57. WDR on.

I've never been a fan of the GoPro range, and the colour to me seems the worst out of all of them. The snow seems dull compared to the other ones. Is this just a bad video do you think or actually a problem?

Last edited by a moderator:
have you updated both to latest current firmware versions?

Those are videos from MTZ and as stated on Youtube both FW are up to date.

Back