Mobius Weather Sleeve.

mac

Reaction score
Country
United States
Dash Cam
A119S, X100FHD, LB100; Mobius-C2 (x3), Mini 0803, HDR-AS30V
Has anyone used one of these with success? Mine is two weeks old and has had the sd card removed a total of 4 times.

On a related note, has anyone had success contacting mobius-actioncam.com recently?

e0ba8qB.jpg

Received a reply from them today. They said that they may have received a batch from the manufacturer that was not properly cured. They're sending me a replacement. I hope it's more durable since it needs to be partially removed to take the memory card out.

Can you post a picture or link to the sleeve? Does it keep the Mobius dry?

http://www.mobius-actioncam.com/store/products/weather-cover-wa-mobius/

There's also one for the "A" lens. http://www.mobius-actioncam.com/store/products/weather-cover-wreplaceable-windows/

It works perfectly for my application. It's not designed to keep it dry when submerged under water but it will keep the camera protected from splashing (like when mounted on a motorcycle).

Hope I just got one from a bad batch because having it rip after just a few uses is unacceptable. Just got another one in the mail today; it'll be a couple weeks before I know if it's more dutiable than the first.

I have had a few of these cases for my c2 wide lens angle mobius, really good they last a long time but after a while they split... I have to make a purpose made cut out for the mini USB cable to go into sufficiently. The mobius website are out of stock for sometime now & I hope they have not stopped making them... I have emailed them but have no reply for weeks now

Bump... Still waiting for a reply from mobius action cam think they have stopped producing them now... The mobius maxi have a white/clear silicone case now but I don't want to buy a maxi just so I've got a weather resistant mobius camera

I spoke to the UK Mobius supplier today. He said that Mobius themselves have never made a weather resistant case for the M1, just these guys at mobius-actioncam.

You could probably modify a Maxi silicone case to fit over the M1 and give it some protection. The M1 and Maxi are almost identical in size, although the Maxi lens is central whereas the M1 lens is offset to one side. I'm buying a black Maxi case to see how well it works.

Yeah I was tempted to buy one of those maxi weather silicone cases myself as there cheap in the UK (webex) £4.00 ex delivery compared to getting it shipped from the US as you end up paying aporox £20 for a silicone case! As you say the lens are positioned differently (how would you modify it for the m1?) update-i bit the bullet & brought a silicone maxi case see if I can modify it to fit my m1... The case looks more of a white colour rather than the mobius action site clear colour?

I also contacted Chris from webex too see if he could source the m1 silicone weather Cover as I noticed he had stock for the maxi few weeks back, but he said no unfortunately

Last edited:
Got my maxi case today to try to modify onto my m1, even got a free one chucked in! Thanks to Chris @ webbex dvr cameras

Attachments

• IMG_20191219_100329.jpg
    IMG_20191219_100329.jpg
    342.7 KB · Views: 6
Managed to fit the maxi weather Cover onto my mobius 1, didnt have to make the lens cut out any bigger but was a faff trying to stretch over for a snug fit. The only thing that required trimming was an cut out to accept the mini usb connector, you have to cut out a fair bit otherwise it doesnt fit properly. Only thing I noticed from my existing mobius m1 weather Cover was that they cleverly put a extra piece of silica gel at the back to protect the sd card from water ingress where as this max weather cover doesn't have this extra piece moulded inside of the cover.mind you on the maxi the mini usb connection is on the RH side not the LH side....I'll have too see how I get on as I use it as an external camera in most weather conditions (not in heavy downpours) so hopefully the sd card won't get affected... But it's a cheap solution at £4 a time compared to the existing case from America nearly costing £25 with shipping etc

Attachments

• IMG_20191219_123729.jpg
    IMG_20191219_123729.jpg
    112.5 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_20191219_123503.jpg
    IMG_20191219_123503.jpg
    262 KB · Views: 9
This was the condition of my existing mobius m1 weather Cover... I had a few of these over the years as they tend too last a good while...until they split in the corner! Such a big shame that no one in the UK can manufacturer these as the mobius m1 seems to be a very popular action/dash cam for many! Also you can see on the rear RH side the inner oblong shape that's to protect the sd card I assume from water ingress? The maxi doesn't have this unfortunately...

Attachments

• IMG_20191219_125048.jpg
    IMG_20191219_125048.jpg
    138.3 KB · Views: 10
I spoke to the UK Mobius supplier today. He said that Mobius themselves have never made a weather resistant case for the M1, just these guys at mobius-actioncam.

You could probably modify a Maxi silicone case to fit over the M1 and give it some protection. The M1 and Maxi are almost identical in size, although the Maxi lens is central whereas the M1 lens is offset to one side. I'm buying a black Maxi case to see how well it works.
I purchased a few black maxi cases off ebay from eletoponline365 for around £3.80 each. Very difficult to fit onto the m1 but it fits just about! I brought 3 but one broke as when I made a cut out for the mini usb connector it tore off when trying to pull back over

Would the mobius 2 weather cover fit on the mobius 1, mobius action.com do the weather cover for the m2 just wondered if it would fit better than a maxi case?

*bump* I've now replaced the clear/white maxi silicone case on my m1 for a black maxi silicone case as it is more better suited imo... Its a hard job to get the mini usb port cut out exact with a pair of scissors, but this is the best I could do!

Attachments

• IMG_20200118_201309.jpg
    IMG_20200118_201309.jpg
    153.7 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG_20200118_201225.jpg
    IMG_20200118_201225.jpg
    101.4 KB · Views: 9

Did you ever get round to purchasing that black maxi case

Its hard to tell whether the m1 is recording as the leds are in a different position but where its an all black case guess that doesn't help either lol

Received a reply from them today. They said that they may have received a batch from the manufacturer that was not properly cured. They're sending me a replacement. I hope it's more durable since it needs to be partially removed to take the memory card out.
They get their silicone weather covers from a company called PED PRODUCTS in the u.s.a, I went to buy the weather cover as they had some in stock then the transaction got cancelled as they were not in stock. I emailed the company & they said they are out of stock & dont stock these cases atm as they are not in high demand... January 2020.

Looking on mobius action cam website, the m1 & m2 dimensions look very similar... Was wondering if their clear weather recover would fit onto the m1? Seeing as I've had a maxi silicone case fit onto my m...

Back