Mobius Wide Angle Lens B extremely blurry unsharp - HELP ?

klipp.klapp

Reaction score
Country
Germany
Just installed the wide angle lens bought from banggoods. Running v059 due to better low-light performance. attached is a quick comparsion and I am totaly disapointed over the wide angle lense as it is super-blurry and realy not useable. Who has simialr experience and or fix? whats up with the alen key that comes with the mobius, what shoudl i do with it? thanks guys

mobius_normal.jpg Mobius_wide.jpg

Its hard to judge focus from trees. There are many factkrs that can distort real footage if driving nearby trees.
Can you drive to car park. Stop 1-2 car length from front parked cars and then share that screenshot where 5 cars in front of you ( one car straight in front of your cad and two cars from each left and right side ). If you will be able to see all 5 cars numberplates then focus is fine.

thanks, just an addition the above pictures are vid-screenshots but the car is NOT moving, the car is standing still. how can I adjust focus using the allen key, is there a vid?

You need to use the AV out or webcam mode (probably the best option with this camera), pick something 2 meters away and adjust until you get the best results

thanks but how can i actually adjust it using the allen key, no clue where it should go in?

undo the Allen bolt so you can turn the lens, turn it in or out as needed to get the focus you like and then do the Allen bolt back up, very straightforward

Did you change the lens type in the GUI Program?

thanks guys. i am just concerned if that extremly blurry picture is standard by the B lens or a defect lens?
Anyone else that is running the B lens has same picture quality issue? thx
In the v059 FW i set the B lens

thanks guys. i am just concerned if that extremly blurry picture is standard by the B lens or a defect lens?
Anyone else that is running the B lens has same picture quality issue? thx
In the v059 FW i set the B lens

For comparison, here's a link to one frame (533KB download) from my Mobius B (taken at 50mph with oncoming vehicle at same speed, standard bitrate)...

https://mega.co.nz/#!RB1RDISZ!w1vQjuPimh4ZkWHW6TVnepcoZHKfJk2KxCW4539OyRU

You wouldn't be the first, or last, to experience a focus problem, e.g...

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showpost.php?p=27616785&postcount=7630

your B lens pic is pretty sharp, seems mine is defect = lense + sensor not 100% alligned

You have to unscrew the 2 phillips head screws on the back side to take the mobius apart, then you can see the socket where the Little allen screw is that lock the lens in place.

You proberly have to ajust the lens less than 1/4 revolution, and my bet is to screw the lens counterclockwise

Hello.
Sorry for my English.
I have the same problem and I write to banggood so we will see what they say.
But i have little question to "russ331" what is your settings of mobius because my is out of colours, so if you can please post your settings here.

look on the sky it's gray :(
and even the lower left corner of blurred :(
Code:
http://pho.to/77pRw/yg

What firmware are you using? The colors look OK to me, just a dark photo because of the bright sky. Colors are adjustable in the latest versions.

I see the corners are slightly vignetting and look slightly blurry. Upload a brighter lit picture by saving it on your computer and upload it here.

Last edited:
I only change the Color option setting's to Vivid
Lens type is B
and the firmware is last (2.10)

Ok, next time when i will be upload photos i try it :)

I only change the Color option setting's to Vivid
Lens type is B
and the firmware is last (2.10)

Ok, next time when i will be upload photos i try it :)
Upload a sunny photo. We can help you focus it, if it needs to be. It's easy

your B lens pic is pretty sharp, seems mine is defect = lense + sensor not 100% alligned

You wouldn't be the first, or last, to experience a focus problem, e.g...

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showpost.php?p=27616785&postcount=7630

0.13mm ! Maybe leaving the battery disconnected for a few minutes did the trick :p .

Reset the camera?

a5889466-181-Mobius%20Actioncam.jpg

ok will try to make a better picture but unfortunately today is rainy.

0.13mm ! Maybe leaving the battery disconnected for a few minutes did the trick :p .

Reset the camera?

regarding resetting the camera, I do not think that it helped to change the focus.

Back