Mobius wide angle vs standard lens

JooVuu

Manufacturer
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi everyone,
I/ www.JooVuu.com put together a quick video showing the difference between wide and standard lens etc. Both are using WDR at 1080dp 30fps and are running the latest FW. From about 3mins 15 you can see each lens individually.

I will upload the raw footage tomorrow and post a link once it has been done.

Any questions please do not hesitate to ask at info@joovuu.com

Kind regards,

JooVuu

Thanks JooVuu for doing this.

As you also sell the Mini 0801, I'd love to see a similar video comparison of the Mobius Wide Angle & Mini 0801. Any chance?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Hi,
We will be doing one hopefully this weekend so it is ready for release this Monday. I'm uploading the RAW footage as we speak as well.

Any questions please do not hesitate to ask.

I really like the wider angle of view with the wide angle lens. The angle of view is always a trade-off, but the 116 degrees diagonal should produce about a 101 degrees horizontal view. This is a bit more than the 100 degrees diagonal and 87 degrees horizontal for the standard lens. To me the wide angle lens seems to be a nice balance between showing more on the sides and showing so much that everything appears too small.

Thanks for posting the video JooVuu !

Bob Diaz

Last edited by a moderator:
I took the source files from JooVuu and did my own comparison of the two videos. It's not easy getting exact sync of the videos, in some cases they match in other cases, it's off by 1 frame. You'll also notice that the projected image size is about the same and the larger wide angle image shows what's missing from the standard lens.

Bob Diaz

I like more the standard lens for all cameras not only Mobius. It is not only about correct images, but also the license plates from the cars which are more visible with non-wide lens.

Here is a video of me regarding license plates:

enjoy,
Mtz

Does anybody know which is the Mobius VFOV ?
regards
Suso

I like more the standard lens for all cameras not only Mobius. It is not only about correct images, but also the license plates from the cars which are more visible with non-wide lens.

Here is a video of me regarding license plates:

enjoy,
Mtz
I totally agree. If you need to discern licence plate details the normal lens will have the advantage.

But, having seen the comparisons with night footage the wide angle seems to have a big advantage. :(

I totally agree. If you need to discern licence plate details the normal lens will have the advantage.

But, having seen the comparisons with night footage the wide angle seems to have a big advantage. :(

While it's best to assess on what they offer right now I'm not sure the firmware has been fine tuned to suit each lens as yet, they are still actively working on the firmware so may still be some improvements to come for each lens

Well if any team has a dedication to FW updates, it's the one that developed the Mobius and 808's before that.

I've just now reviewed a 3 minute clip from my wide angle Mobius. I passed 8 vehicles travelling in my direction, & there were 15 oncoming vehicles. The plates of all 23 vehicles were legible, as viewed on the 9.7" screen of my iPad.

Firmware updates may redress the low-light performance differential between 'A' & 'B' lens. But I suspect not. They're made from different glass, & the 'B' lens may just be superior.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Hi,
We will be doing one hopefully this weekend so it is ready for release this Monday. I'm uploading the RAW footage as we speak as well.

Any questions please do not hesitate to ask.

Hi JooVuu. Did you ever get the Mobius wide angle / 0801 comparison video done?

Hi JooVuu. Did you ever get the Mobius wide angle / 0801 comparison video done?
Dear dbizzle22,
We have been pretty swamped with the Christmas rush, re-designing JooVuu, opening a new business, and designing a product, we have run out of time. I hope to do it shortly and will post it here once I have done it.

Sorry for the delay

Dan

Here is the Mobius Wide angle vs standard lens

First the wide angle lens, then the standard lens then the 2 combined next to each other. This clip is in rainy weather.

Here is a night clip

Here is a day clip

Best way compare would be to put both videos: one on top, - other is below it.
This way could see more of each video and comparison would be more easier for eyes ;)
Other than that - great job !

Wider lens definitely helps at night but regular lens allows you to read details easier during daylight driving.

Back