Mobius won't record

Reaction score
Country
United States
I've had my mobius around 5 years or so and use a Super Capacitor and it will not record, I changed the card and it didn't make any difference. It lights up but does not have the yellow light blinking. Any suggestions?
Bob

Reinstall the firmware
Reformat the card in the camera
Check to see if it really is recording (perhaps just the yellow led is faulty)

Well I reformatted the card and this time its working. Several years ago I used a free program from this board to edit my video's but don't know what happened to it. What free programs are people using to edit?
Bob

I used to Registrator Viewer to edit my mobius videos but have been away from it for a couple of years and when I downloaded it I get the message "got meta data your request was forbidden" . Is it not working anymore?
Bob

I use Avidemux if I simply want to cut out video segments or join clips together. I use VSDC if I want to combine videos or do any text overlays.

I don't know much about RV - there's probably a dedicated thread on DCT somewhere

Thanks Tony I'll look them up

My Mobius will record when plugged into power in the house but when I plug it into the usb plug on my BMW motorcycle it turns on but will not record?

Is that a built-in factory USB port? Those can cause problems for cams due to low power levels. If you're using a HWK or adapter-type PS it may be going bad.

Phil

Phil that was the problem, the factory usb port must not have enough power. I tried it in my car and it worked. I had it direct wired to the bike and the plug went bad so tried the usb port. I need to find where to buy a new wire.
Bob

Glad you've figured it out and that the cam is still good (y)The original Mobius is probably the most durable and longest-lived cam of this sort ever made. It's very rare for them to fail entirely. Can't help with suggesting a PS but any decent one should work fine, as Mobius neither needs high current nor is it terribly picky about it's PS being 'clean'.

Phil

Back