Model D2 - Will NOT Loop Record

Greg McKing

Reaction score
Country
United States
Dash Cam
RearView Mirror D2 DVR Dashcam Security Camera
RearView Mirror D2 DVR Dashcam Security Camera sold on eBay. Very happy except this one fatal flaw.

8vq1.jpg

Reviewed on Youtube:

I'm using 32GB SD card.
It records about 16-20 GB, about two days of driving and stops.
Looking at the files on the memory card, you see folders by date.
The first two days are full with files, look great, but after two days the folder are empty.
It records or creates folders for each day, but they are empty.
I am recording at 720P with 3 minute file size. I had it at 10 min.
Going to 3 min made no difference.

Great camera, except it does NOT loop record over the older files.
I'm thinking about getting a smallrt SD card and see if that helps, may be 16GB.
This Dashcam fits my VW Jetta Sportwagen TDI perfectly, no issues with sun visors.
Darn shame if I can't get it to work. I have to basically delete all files everyday. Not good.

sure you have it configured correctly, loop or recycle recording is about the most basic function of any DVR

sure you have it configured correctly, loop or recycle recording is about the most basic function of any DVR
Thanks I realize that this is a basic function as well as turning on and off automatically with car power. I did some more research. I have turned off the G-sensor which automatically "locks" a file if there is a shock so it can't be overwritten... The shock sensor can be set to low, medium and high. I had it set to medium. It is likely it was locking all files. I have OFF now and we shall see if that solves the issue. There is NO on or off loop selection; as you say it is a basic function.

it may be called something else, sometimes the English translations are not the best, maybe list what options you have if you're still stuck

it may be called something else, sometimes the English translations are not the best, maybe list what options you have if you're still stuck
Problem solved awhile back. I got a 16GB SD memory card. The 32 GB card is too big, even though the manual says it is allowed. The card was CLASS 10 by the way. I found this suggestion to use a smaller card elsewhere. It worked like a charm. I now have continuous recording and overwrites old files for new....HOPE IT HELPS SOMEONE ELSE.

Back