Module Lens C2 "impossible to unscrew the lens by hand"

susobarral

Reaction score
Country
Spain
Dash Cam
Git2,Xiaomi Yi, Mobius, Sj1000, gt300w, GS9000, GS600, Gopro
Today I received 4 modules lens C2 , I have ridden one to test in my mobius v1 . the other 3, I wanted to replace the lens C2 for fisheye lens , but it is impossible to unscrew the lens by hand , it seems as if they had glue. Anyone know anything about this?
Thanks

Yes, I have removed the screw , I even removed the sensor

Last edited:
Today I received 4 modules lens C2 , I have ridden one to test in my mobius v1 . the other 3, I wanted to replace the lens C2 for fisheye lens , but it is impossible to unscrew the lens by hand , it seems as if they had glue. Anyone know anything about this?
Thanks

Like many others, I ran into the same problem. I used a pair of pliers with special padding. See this thread for more info. When I put a new lens back into a Mobius threaded module I use a very small amount of Nyogel lubricant. While it is not really made for this purpose it works very well. Nyogel is a silica thickened, clear, medium viscosity, synthetic hydrocarbon grease used for lubrication and protection to electrical contacts. It has a wide temperature service range of -40 to 135 C, making it effective in extreme conditions. I used it initially because I happened to have it on hand but a small of amount of pure silicone grease would do. The main thing is to use a lubricant that won't ever run down onto the sensor.

Note: In some cases the bezel surrounding the lens can unscrew leaving the lens still threaded into the module. If you are very careful you can still unscrew it using this method.

pliers2.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
One advantage of the mobius it was easy it was to change the lens , This complicates a little more ...

Like many others, I ran into the same problem. I used a pair of pliers with special padding. See this thread for more info. When I put a new lens back in a Mobius threaded module I used a very small amount of Nyogel lubricant. While it is not really made for this purpose it works very well. Nyogel is a silica thickened, clear, medium viscosity, synthetic hydrocarbon grease used for lubrication and protection to electrical contacts. It has a wide temperature service range of -40 to 135 C, making it effective in extreme conditions. I used it because I had it on hand but a small of amount of silicone grease would do. The main thing is to use a lubricant that won't ever run down onto the sensor.

Note: In some cases the bezel surrounding the lens can unscrew leaving the lens still threaded into the module. If you are very careful you can still unscrew it using this method.

View attachment 15876
Creative :)

Last edited by a moderator:
I managed to unscrew the lens as follows: I separated the sensor lens and with the hair dryer of my wife, I applied heat the back of the lens, it had dots of glue and then loosened easily

Last edited:
Back