Money is no object what would you buy and why?

xdecx

Reaction score
Country
United States
Money is no object what would you buy and why? Is it more people are looking for features or quailty? What about if your car has VERY dark tints?

Supra camera.jpg

seriously though, make a list of what features you must have, what features you would like to have, and what doesn't matter, and see what is the closest fit and go from there, there's no one perfect system, what matters to you may not to someone else

The main "features" anyone should look for in a high quality dashboard camera are superior image quality and bullet proof reliability. Everything else is bells & whistles. You don't need to spend a fortune for that.

I am looking for low light performance to match the current daytime performance of dashcams, this will be a camera with >90% of the day getting plate captures.
And i would like other means of storage, and some smarts in how the camera manage and offload footage ( not talking wifi here )
And higher bitrates, which will be good for overall image quality in general.

O and i still would like ANPR for say 50 or so plates stored in memory that will trigger alarm.

I am looking for low light performance to match the current daytime performance of dashcams, this will be a camera with >90% of the day getting plate captures.
And i would like other means of storage, and some smarts in how the camera manage and offload footage ( not talking wifi here )
And higher bitrates, which will be good for overall image quality in general.

O and i still would like ANPR for say 50 or so plates stored in memory that will trigger alarm.

Yeah, I get what you are sayin' but I think the OP is asking 'what you would buy?' today, 'if money were no object', not 'what we might wish for?' regardless of price. :)

OK so, recording while the car is parked is very important. I pretty much drive my car 4-8 hrs a day 6 days a week. I had a QVIA R975 but I dont have any of cables since my car was crashed or the back camera, I contacted QVIA a couple of times in the past 6 months with no answers. So I am looking to replace that. It was $375 and had wifi, which was kinda crappy. I have 30% tint on my front and rear windows. So I want the best low light I can get also.

I just realized I named this total wrong. LOL wow what was I thinking

I've been running 4 dash cams on two power banks for (mostly) full time parking mode for several years now with virtually no issues. I find full time parking recording far superior to any other "automatic" solution out there.

Well today and sticking only to the topic of this forum, then i cant really think anything up, there are no new dashcams i know of that have that must have feel to them.
Seem like all the new stuff in dashcams are in in relation to the people that have a phone in the hand all the time, and this are not the smarts i have any interest in.

I would like to replace my phone that could be used as a dashcam, but while my cheap china phone do annoy me now, then i use it so little that even if i went to "purple face" dislike it would still not be a problem.
And i can not afford to go there, and / or lets say other things i have told myself are more important to get updated.

My last phone call was 3 days ago, and its 2 days ago since i sent a txt, so pretty low phone usage here. :cool:

Here is my list:
- dual lens, single unit (one lens facing forward, one rear)
- front lens 4K, excellent quality day and night (around 100 deg. field of view)
- rear 1080p with IR illuminator
- built in GPS
- records to SSD
- connects to your home Wi-Fi when in range and automatically uploads footage
- at least 2 in screen
- buffered parking mode
- around $500 max

There you have it :)

Back