More Battery problems

nokiokid

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have had a 522 front and rear cameras fitted by a qualified Halfords Technician and after a couple of days my car battery was flat and need re charge. My Battery on my car is less than 6 months old so I know that is OK. So I disconnected my rear view camera and since then have had no further problems, to me it looks like my rear view camera is somehow loading the main dash cam. I am trying to get in touch with customer services but not having a lot of luck? I have sent several emails to info@tyresonthedrive.com with little response. I would like to get another rear view camera to prove or disprove my theory. Help please.

Hello,
I am sorry to hear that you're having an issue with your dashcam. Was your dashcam purchased from 'Tyres On The Drive' please? If not, the correct email address for our Team is support@nextbase.com.

Alternatively, please give us a call on 02920 866 429 (UK) and we can go through the troubleshooting with you.

Kind regards,
Millie
Nextbase Technical Support

Thanks for your reply my dash cam was fitted by tyres on the drive of Halfords and I have spoken to them this am, they are sending out a technician tomorrow to check it out. Will see what they come up with.

Thanks for your reply my dash cam was fitted by tyres on the drive of Halfords and I have spoken to them this am, they are sending out a technician tomorrow to check it out. Will see what they come up with.
Did we get a fix?

Well the technician came and told me that the inside cab camera is not to be used directly with the main front camera as it is 2 cameras both taking current hence a flat battery is innevitable. He said that because I had paid for the fitting and set up for front and rear cameras I should have the rear camera wired in. So because he had no wiring or cameras with him I have to have another visit from yet another technician tomorrow! Perhaps then I will get the job I paid for done. The initial fitting was carried out by a young lad and because of all the cab wiring needed to be hidden he suggested that we have the little cab camera which does make sense but the rear view is very limited and the dash cam has to be placed half way across the passenger window. Hopefully all will be well when the new technician arrives!

Thanks for that, so you have the plug-in rear cam at present not a wired rear cam?
I can smell the (emoji removed) from here regarding battery drain.
Do please keep us informed
Well the technician came and told me that the inside cab camera is not to be used directly with the main front camera as it is 2 cameras both taking current hence a flat battery is innevitable. He said that because I had paid for the fitting and set up for front and rear cameras I should have the rear camera wired in. So because he had no wiring or cameras with him I have to have another visit from yet another technician tomorrow! Perhaps then I will get the job I paid for done. The initial fitting was carried out by a young lad and because of all the cab wiring needed to be hidden he suggested that we have the little cab camera which does make sense but the rear view is very limited and the dash cam has to be placed half way across the passenger window. Hopefully all will be well when the new technician arrives

Thanks for that, so you have the plug-in rear cam at present not a wired rear cam?
I can smell the (emoji removed) from here regarding battery drain.
Do please keep us informed
Well my third technician came on Sunday and he wired in the proper rear view camera that I had already paid for and set it up no problem. He then wired the cam to the ignition not live and also because my camera fell off the screen a few weeks ago he fitted a new pad!
Up to now no problems front and rear cams both recording as they should. I was well impressed with technician 3 he took his time and got the job done properly.
Watch this space for any further action

I generally am not a confrontational person, but here we have a case where 33.3% of the workforce didn’t read his work sheets, another 33.3% tried to BS you and fed you incorrect information. With only 33.3% doing a correct and proper job. I would be sorely tempted to ask for a rebate for the appalling service that Halfords (or it’s agents) provided.
Thankfully not a nextbase problem other than it does tend to reflect on the product where in this case it was supplier/fitting team.
Thanks for update and I’m sure it’ll give you satisfactory service.

Back