More idiots and personal mistake

jarvis

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Another few idiots in Torbay and along the way to Hampshire UK

As always, mic is muted as my singing is too embarrassing!

Well personally i do try to get in "my" lane in good time, but the ones waiting doing that for the last minute ( second ) aggravate me less than driving in a bumper to bumper lane with a empty but soon ending lane beside me. ( even if some people still overtake in that lane and then sort of force their way into my lane up ahead, sadly that is okay in the Danish traffic code )
Personally i find it a bit unsafe to merge in the last second, but the law say thats where you merge and not 1 - 200 M before that point, but as people are bumper to bumper even in normal traffic, and sure as hell not letting anyone in front of them, you risk sitting there getting nowhere and actually they are breaking the law.

I had to REW to read the Torbay sign as i was first reading Torquay which i of course associate with a nutty hotel owner :)

I think the best way to merge depends on the speed. If traffic is flowing well, moving out of the closing lane as soon as you're able should keep the flow going. In slow moving queues it's better to use all lanes then merge in turn at the end. Sadly the arguments you see online are always saying that one of the above is always correct and the other is always wrong!

I'd never heard of Torbay until I met my ex who is the reason I live here. It comprises the 3 towns of Torquay, Paignton and Brixham and yes Fawlty Towers was set here!

I'd never heard of Torbay until I met my ex who is the reason I live here
It is not really a place, it is a local authority (council) formed about 50 years ago. The actual bay is called Lyme Bay.

I know someone who made the same mistake as you on the same stretch of road and got stopped and fined by the police who obviously knew where it always happens because of inadequate road markings!

It is not really a place, it is a local authority (council) formed about 50 years ago. The actual bay is called Lyme Bay.

I know someone who made the same mistake as you on the same stretch of road and got stopped and fined by the police who obviously knew where it always happens because of inadequate road markings!
Well there certainly seems to be a Lyme bay North of Torquay but the one to the South is Tor Bay.

Regardless, I don't live on the water so Torbay it is! As one old youtuber used to say "within the area of the planet designated UK by international agreement"

Nice to see you backing off in the first clip, and not getting close just to express anger, like I see in many clips.

Back