More K1S questions

eric_w

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm considering purchasing a K1S for installation in a Mercedes C207 coupe.

Because of the number of cables, the small glove box and to greatly simplify cable routing I want to mount the central unit in the boot/trunk adjacent to the fuse box with the GPS receiver mounted on (or even below) the rear parcel shelf.

Questions:

1) The standard front camera cable is too short to reach a rear mounted central unit without extension. Can I swap the standard supplied camera cables or are they captive mounted at the camera end?
2) If I can't swap the cables is there any reason why the 'rear' camera can't be mounted on the windscreen?
3) Is there anything I've overlooked?

Any advice or suggestions will be appreciated

you could switch the cameras, lenses are a little different but I don't see that being an issue

2) If I can't swap the cables is there any reason why the 'rear' camera can't be mounted on the windscreen?

Hi Eric,

I actually want to do the same thing. I have already purchased my K1S and have mounted the rear camera at the front and plugged it into the front port on the DVR, obviously with front camera mounted at the rear and plugged into the rear port on the DVR.

It makes for a very stealth install inside and out but unfortunately I am having some recording issues with my unit that I will capture in another thread but after researching various sources the only disadvantage I can identify is that the rear camera has a lower bitrate than the front camera.

I don't know yet if the bit rate is determined by the camera itself or the recording port on the DVR (i.e. better chipset on the front port), so with that in mind I don’t know yet if the front/rear swap is the reason behind my recording issues.

However, I can advise that the cable themselves are captive and hardwired into each camera module. They are soldered onto the camera PCB.

Regards,

Russell

K1S seems to be a bit hit or miss still even with new firmware and changing out cards.

http://www.amazon.com/Spy-Tec-K1S-G...ll_formats&filterByStar=one_star&pageNumber=1

If you don't mind fiddling with stuff a lot, could be fun to play with but not sure about "set it and forget it" reliability. There are other dual channel products coming out later this year that will finally hit the quality mark I think.

Santa uses two independent systems for redundancy:
https://dashcamtalk.com/forum/threa...-rear-ended-by-a-truck-front-rear-view.13084/

Perhaps your bias as a seller of competing products should disqualify you from regularly making these types of remarks ? I wouldn't be commenting if it was once in a while...

Last edited by a moderator:
I still think my point stands, that you should be mindful of the fact that as a seller you do have an inherent bias which prejudices your comments here (consciously or not). You should be careful when disparaging products by competitors and perhaps be more careful to disclose that you are a seller (which is more relevant to your comments on Reddit).

The Reason Pier 28 / Jon is "Biased" and Bad Mouths the K!S
wherever /whenever possible, is due to a falling out of business partners, with Roadcam inc. where he was providing tech assistance.
TEXT DELETED - UNSUBSTANTIATED - DASHCAMMAN
He Wants RoadCam to Fail with the Product Launch is why he continues to rant about the K1S over and over again.
as explained to me there was a falling out, a great debate of Suppliers and Which Product to Carry. Jon Favors the Big Suctions Cup Types with Capacitors.

To Really See how un-ethical he really is. visit www.roadcam.com
notice it hijacks to Pier28, check what he currently sells and see the difference and reason for breakup
that is because on his departure TEXT DELETED - UNSUBSTANTIATED - DASHCAMMAN
To stay in and continue with business, RoadCam Inc registered www.roadcam.us
there you can find K1S Cameras and Service.

i found out from the owner Dan when i asked him why his website went to pier28 who badmouths the K1S
Dan told me a long story of what happened over night

Notice Pier28 always says " WAIT SOMETHING BETTER COMING " he has been saying that for over 2 years here on the forums
does not show photos, indicate brand or anything about this new and improved 2 dual cam dash cam coming soon.

Good SpyTech, you called him out on it!

Last edited by a moderator:
I have had to edit the post above from Eric Edwards because it may be libelous. Eric, if you can provide evidence for your statements, I will reinstate the original post. If not, you are warned and any further unsubstantiated statements will cause you to be banned from this forum.

Dear Dash Cam Man:

please note i do not lie or make stuff up, and only post accurate information. I can understand your concerns.
is it ok for me to cut and past other comments from others who discuss pier 28 behavior here at dashcam talk.?

you mentions evidence and proof? how about i have RoadCam Inc contact you directly about this matter.
as he would have what you need to substantiate statements made as being accurate.

pier 28 knows the statements are accurate is why he had you remove them

Dear DashCam Man:

you requested i provide evidence of Stolen Company Assets that was mentioned in a previous post
i had obtained information's from RoadCam inc during an inquiry as to why his website went to the guy who badmouths the K1S here and techmoans forums over and over again.
what was explained to me was Upon Departure overnight, without notice given Pier28 took passwords/login credentials to the following websites without approvals, and that RoadCam inc
has Legal Council to get the below websites back.

here is the list of hijacked websites that goes to pier28 amazon stores/ in various flavors
www.roadcam.com
www.roadcam.net
www.roadcam4k.com
www.roadcamhd.com
www.dashcamlab.com
www.dashcamlabs.com

keep in mind,
RoadCam is a California Corporation, registered, with Official Trademarks to the name.
now consider the above list is now under the controls of a direct competitor here on the forums.

RoadCam K!S Sales and Service can be found at www.roadcam.us

if your still looking for a big suctions cup dashcam visit any of the above websites to reach pier28.

Dear DashCam Man:

you requested i provide evidence of Stolen Company Assets that was mentioned in a previous post
i had obtained information's from RoadCam inc during an inquiry as to why his website went to the guy who badmouths the K1S here and techmoans forums over and over again.
what was explained to me was Upon Departure overnight, without notice given Pier28 took passwords/login credentials to the following websites without approvals, and that RoadCam inc
has Legal Council to get the below websites back.

here is the list of hijacked websites that goes to pier28 amazon stores/ in various flavors
www.roadcam.com
www.roadcam.net
www.roadcam4k.com
www.roadcamhd.com
www.dashcamlab.com
www.dashcamlabs.com

keep in mind,
RoadCam is a California Corporation, registered, with Official Trademarks to the name.
now consider the above list is now under the controls of a direct competitor here on the forums.

RoadCam K!S Sales and Service can be found at www.roadcam.us

if your still looking for a big suctions cup dashcam visit any of the above websites to reach pier28.

The above is not evidence of what you are claiming. Those domains rightfully belong to Pier28 as per the World Intellectual Property Organization arbitration decision which was provided to me. One more post of this nature and you will be banned.

Dear DashCam Man:

I have contacted RoadCam Inc today, and the Owner Dan will be Contacting You to discuss it further.
THE DOMAIN NAMES WERE 1st REGISTERED TO ROADCAM PRIOR TO MEETING THE MAN years earlier i was told by the original owner.
then, later changed to reflect what you see without authorizations.
Words such as Fraud Scam or Swindle are what others call this sort of thing.

I wish not to be banned, and will adhere to your posting policies
RoadCam will be in contact with you, to support my statements as being accurate
you can request whatever proof or evidence from the owner of RoadCam Inc.

I do really appreciate your site for up to date information regarding DashCams

and Find this Forums for KoonLung K1S " more K1S Questions " an appropriate place to allow for the discussion that took place, for those " asking more questions " with regards to the KoonLung K1S Dual 2Cam Setup.

Dear DashCam Man:

I have contacted RoadCam Inc today, and the Owner Dan will be Contacting You to discuss it further.
THE DOMAIN NAMES WERE 1st REGISTERED TO ROADCAM PRIOR TO MEETING THE MAN years earlier i was told by the original owner.
then, later changed to reflect what you see without authorizations.
Words such as Fraud Scam or Swindle are what others call this sort of thing.

I wish not to be banned, and will adhere to your posting policies
RoadCam will be in contact with you, to support my statements as being accurate
you can request whatever proof or evidence from the owner of RoadCam Inc.

I do really appreciate your site for up to date information regarding DashCams

and Find this Forums for KoonLung K1S " more K1S Questions " an appropriate place to allow for the discussion that took place, for those " asking more questions " with regards to the KoonLung K1S Dual 2Cam Setup.

Unfortunately you continue with these inflammatory posts hence you are now banned.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
R Koonlung 7
H Koonlung 15
Back