More reckless bikers..

Harsh

Reaction score
Country
India
Some people just don't give a damn!

Helmet not required?

Very much required for both rider and pillion but a lot of people just don't seem to care.

I've seen people with the helmet clasped at the elbow while their nut is unprotected. No words to describe the feeling..

I was involved in a motorcycle accident many years ago where my helmet cracked when I flew due to the impact and hit a road divider head first.

I shudder to think of the consequences of the same happening without one.:(

If ANY motorcyclist, stunt rider or not, is dumb enough to ride without a helmet, then their brain isn't worth saving anyway.

Same goes for people who don't wear seat belts or even go so far as to disable the airbags.

True. If one behaves in such a manner, there's nothing inside that skull worth protecting to begin with. But the sheer lack of common sense is baffling..

lack of common sense is baffling..

PS_0258W_COMMON_SENSE.jpg

If ANY motorcyclist, stunt rider or not, is dumb enough to ride without a helmet, then their brain isn't worth saving anyway.

Same goes for people who don't wear seat belts or even go so far as to disable the airbags.

Typical thinking of one from a developed country. Fact is the undeveloped and developing countries, people don't see it that way. Having a motorized vehicle have taken most of their income and the law is so corrupted that they can pay their way out of any offense they commit. They don't think they are endangering themselves. They just don't think that way.

Hu , did they slow down to chat on the freeway ?
I guess they have a right to be there , lots of car drivers in a hurry .. Desperate to get past ..

yup, they were riding parallel and talking as if they were strolling in a park or riding within private property.

They do have all the right to be there but not at someone else's expense. At the 15 second mark the right biker nearly collided with the car on its right and then almost swerved into his friends bike to avoid the car. If something would've gone wrong, the car guy would be blamed and probably thrashed beyond recognition before the police arrives.

Last edited:
Typical thinking of one from a developed country. Fact is the undeveloped and developing countries, people don't see it that way. Having a motorized vehicle have taken most of their income and the law is so corrupted that they can pay their way out of any offense they commit. They don't think they are endangering themselves. They just don't think that way.
Doesn't change the laws of physics though. Helmets are probably even cheaper there, and if they can afford to bribe a cop they can afford a helmet. I doubt there are helmet laws in those developing countries, but it should be pretty obvious to anyone that hitting your head on stuff hurts, and it'll only get worse if you do it at higher speeds.

Laws are getting stricter and fines are increasing too. One can lose their driving license for up to 6 months for running a traffic signal and such if caught. The problem is lack of 24/7 policing on the roads, during the day most do follow traffic rules as there are traffic personnel/cops keeping a lookout on most intersections and roads, post evening and at night I rarely see any traffic policing.

Reckless and irresponsible :rolleyes: and then adding stupid behavior that just a recipe for disaster.

(...) if caught. The problem is lack of 24/7 policing on the roads (...)
That sounds SO familiar. And I'm talking about a EU country...

yeah :oops:

But that might be a good thing, cuz up here if there was enough police to ( at large ) enforce the laws the stupid old men crank out, then i think it would be fair to call Denmark a police state.
And so we would be even more a bastard version of a mix of communist Soviet Russia and Eastern Germany, and thats just what i hoped my country would be.

Why make laws that ppl them self are not interested in abiding to, when you cant or will not uphold those laws by force ( police )

I think make a law ( after deleting old non working laws in same regard ) that make it legal to confiscate the car the person is making a violation in, and here i dont think about severe violations alone, i am sure if a couple of ppl get their car taken for driving while on the phone, the rest of the country would drop that habit in no time flat.

Not a fan of the weak humane society, need to get a little Darwin going again.

yeah :oops:

But that might be a good thing, cuz up here if there was enough police to ( at large ) enforce the laws the stupid old men crank out, then i think it would be fair to call Denmark a police state.
And so we would be even more a bastard version of a mix of communist Soviet Russia and Eastern Germany, and thats just what i hoped my country would be.

Why make laws that ppl them self are not interested in abiding to, when you cant or will not uphold those laws by force ( police )

I think make a law ( after deleting old non working laws in same regard ) that make it legal to confiscate the car the person is making a violation in, and here i dont think about severe violations alone, i am sure if a couple of ppl get their car taken for driving while on the phone, the rest of the country would drop that habit in no time flat.

Not a fan of the weak humane society, need to get a little Darwin going again.
I wouldn't go as far as turning the country into a Police state, I just wished the local LEOs did some patrolling once in a while in some areas where there's permanent abusive parking, roundabouts and some intersections where 99% of the road users don't stop at stop signs. I know from experience that their presence is enough to induce better driving behavior but there's always the potential to cash in some fines because there are always those smart a$$es who are not only blind to the road laws and signs but also to the Police presence.

i hate to be the party pooper, but i have called our local constables to have them come camp out near the school bus stop in the afternoon here. people don't seem to care that the bus is there unloading children (all under 10) who expect the cross traffic to be stopped - because that's the law!... and so they don't look.

maybe once some of these obliviots receive their $1200 fine for ignoring the red lights on a school bus, they'll think twice.

i hate to be the party pooper, but i have called our local constables to have them come camp out near the school bus stop in the afternoon here. people don't seem to care that the bus is there unloading children (all under 10) who expect the cross traffic to be stopped - because that's the law!... and so they don't look.

maybe once some of these obliviots receive their $1200 fine for ignoring the red lights on a school bus, they'll think twice.
I wish they would come when they're needed but this isn't the USA. There's a two-lane roundabout near one of the schools in my neighbourhood, that has 2/3 of it turned into a parking lot during school time. Every week day at lunch time and at the end of the day, when school ends, parents double park outside in the school's avenue AND inside the roundabout to pick up their children, causing massive traffic jams and making life miserable for any road user that has to go through that area. This has been going on for 3 years now and every year I file a complaint at the local Police station (they have an assigned officer for the two high schools we have in the city).
What do they do? Nothing! They send the officer at the beginning of the school year for a couple of days, occasionally deploy some agents to write tickets to the cars parked in the roundabout and that's it. And it doesn't do any good telling them I have footage of the chaos that goes on daily, because they know it exists.

Last edited:

Actually the non-exciting commuter range of bikes come for as low as 650 -$700 brand new and the cheapest range of cars for a little under $4000, which isn't much.

Here it boils down to lack of education about traffic rules and general road etiquette. The inculcation of said and unsaid road etiquette + common courtesy will take a couple of generations IMO.

aren't there any tow truck companies around? i'm sure there's more than one willing to haul off illegally parked vehicles. :D
The tow truck companies job is to be sent by the insurance companies to pick up broken down cars wherever they are. ;)
Things doesn't work like that over here. First the cars have to be blocked by the Police and then they're towed to the impound by the Police's own tow truck, but this only happens in some of the big cities. Everywhere else they just write a ticket, the owner has a deadline to pay the fine but the vehicle stays illegally parked anyway.

Back