More than 1 video and not playable anymore

MaTo69

Reaction score
Country
Luxembourg
If I record anything that lasts more than 1 chunk, the first chunk is 265 Mb long and the followings are all 48 Mb. Nothing is playable anymore in no matter what player.
If I stop recording before it moves to the next segment everything is fine. That is only if no corrupted files are on the card.
I tried several different SD cards. No difference.
Also tried on 2 different Mobius action cams. One with a B lense, the other with a C lense.
My guess is that it's some kind of setting problem.

This is why I think that less chunks create less issues for the card

I want an option in settings for 30 or 60 minute

Sounds like a memory card problem rather than a setting problem, can't really think of any setting you could make that would cause this

Have you tried testing the cards with h2testw?

If you have the same problem with two different cameras and different memory cards the problem is likely not the cameras or the settings.

Sounds like something is corrupting your memory cards or perhaps there is an issue with your computer.

Sounds like a memory card problem rather than a setting problem, can't really think of any setting you could make that would cause this

Have you tried testing the cards with h2testw?
Currently testing one of the cards. In total had 4 cards from 2 different brands. All of them class 10. I know it's a waste of performance, as class 4 is apparently enough.

If you have the same problem with two different cameras and different memory cards the problem is likely not the cameras or the settings.

Sounds like something is corrupting your memory cards or perhaps there is an issue with your computer.
Same problem on computer at home as on computer at work.
Used one cable and also used an adapter.
The files are corrupted as soon as they are on the memory card.
I noticed that I can use the first 15 minutes of recording if I don't use the 15 mins segments. Everything after that is unreadable and according to time of creation 1 minute long.

1 cable, 1 adapter, 1 card adapter no change.
IMO problem happens while recording the video.

You are reporting a problem that I've never heard of before and my guess is that nobody else has either. That doesn't mean it can't be a real issue but the chances of the same problem occurring simultaneously in two different Mobius cameras is highly unlikely if not impossible unless there is an external cause.

I've heard of cams not working with a given file time when looping, yet working correctly when a different file time is selected. I can you give no reason why. Never heard of this with Mobius though.

I'd try different settings for that just to see what happens. 3 or 5 minute files seem to work best in most cams. If still problems exist then see what happens without looping. Maybe that info can help those who know more than me help you narrow the problem down and hopefully find a fix.

Phil

OK, all.
Problem solved. I tried so save some money on the SD cards and got f*cked. All of the cheap ones are cr@p.
Only ones working are the Kingston 32Gb.

Back