Most reliable non-Blackvue cards & 256GB

Thanks for the heads up on this Tomcat — mine is an Amazon 16GB one that I just got but have not installed yet. I wouldn't have normally gone for a 16GB version only that I had a brand new 128GB card sitting here and at the time of purchasing the cam I didn't see the point in going for the more expensive 128GB version.

IMG_0155.jpg What I did find a tad confusing was that it openly says on the side of the box that it supports up to 256GB microSD cards but makes no mention that they should be Blackvue branded.

You dont need the origional blackvue card its more or less a hefty price increase for none difference. Both the wd purple and samsung pro endurance are good alternatives. If i didnt had the purple glare issue with my first cams i would have stayd with the 16gb cams. They came at a low price. People have used 512gb cards without issues. But these larger cards are mostly tlc memory while mlc memory as the samsung pro endurance has lasts more write cycles

You dont need the origional blackvue card its more or less a hefty price increase for none difference.
This was my exact thoughts until I saw that blue sticker on the box when it arrived. My thinking would be that Blackvue don't make those cards anyway so there would have to be an "After Market" card that can do the samy job!

The Samsung pro endurance 128K card is a great, dependable card. Problem is, the capacity is small and to get a large card is expensive.

The solution (if you have a wifi connectable Blackvue) go to the " viewer and apps" section of this forum under Blackvue. You can then read about a program that is called Blackvue Downloader for $6.00 or so

It downloads all of your data from your card when you pull into your garage and are in wifi range. It saves it to your Hardsrive. So you can by a multiple Terrabyte hard drive for cheap and save month(s) of recordings. It makes it so you can review footage easily as its already on your harddrive. I bought a mini pc from Amazon for $150 bucks and leave it on 24/7 as its low power consumption just for this purpose.

The Samsung pro endurance 128K card is a great, dependable card. Problem is, the capacity is small and to get a large card is expensive.

The solution (if you have a wifi connectable Blackvue) go to the " viewer and apps" section of this forum under Blackvue. You can then read about a program that is called Blackvue Downloader for $6.00 or so

It downloads all of your data from your card when you pull into your garage and are in wifi range. It saves it to your Hardsrive. So you can by a multiple Terrabyte hard drive for cheap and save month(s) of recordings. It makes it so you can review footage easily as its already on your harddrive. I bought a mini pc from Amazon for $150 bucks and leave it on 24/7 as its low power consumption just for this purpose.
I have seen that app but I'm totally Mac here so I'll think about the Mini PC idea — it seems a good option.

For the moment I'm thinking about 2 options;

128GB Samsung PRO Endurance 128 GB microSDXC UHS-I U3 100 MB/s Video Monitoring Memory Card with Adapter for £37.03

256GB Western Digital WD Purple SC QD101 256GB Smart Video Surveillance microSDXC Card, Ultra Endurance Up to 128 TBW for £68.99

Don't buy the QD101 if you are interested in 256GB (i think 512GB is still unavailable). It's slower and it has only half of the "durability" of the QD102 (256TBW vs 128TBW).

WDD256G1P0A is the model you are looking for.

Hi, I bought the Samsung 126GB Pro-Endurance Micro SD for my 900S, however when I inserted the card into my camera, it said SD Card not-recognised. I assume I have to format it? Does anyone have a link of a secure download to format it for either a MAC or PC? I think I read earlier in the thread that it needed to be a FAT-32 format?

Thanks, in anticipation....

Correct. It must be FAT 32. The BV software should do it for you OK.

Back