Most reliable non-Blackvue cards & 256GB

Nath

Reaction score
Country
Germany
Dash Cam
Viofo A129-Pro Duo
WD Purple 256GB running for a month now in my DR900S (“Extreme” mode). Without issues. ;)

Triggerfish

Reaction score
Country
United States
WD Purple 256GB running for a month now in my DR900S (“Extreme” mode). Without issues. ;)
Thank you sir. I just ordered 2 WD 256GB's to run in my DR900S-2CH's. The Florida heat should be a good test!

Mustang_SVT

Reaction score
Country
United States
Really nice, but as long as you stay in Europe it isn't worth, they will take the double Price, really stupid!
Better take a normal one from a good seller so you can change it should be a warranty case.

Mr. C

Reaction score
Country
Denmark
Haha, that doesn't matter. It's about how many hours the card have been active with read and write activities.

One month usage can for one be a total of 20 hours where as for another it can be 160 hours or more.

PedroQ

Reaction score
Country
United States
Haha, that doesn't matter. It's about how many hours the card have been active with read and write activities.

One month usage can for one be a total of 20 hours where as for another it can be 160 hours or more.
Does my dr900s tell me how many hours I had my wd purple 256gb doing read and write activities? I’ll look for this feature next time.

Nath

Reaction score
Country
Germany
Dash Cam
Viofo A129-Pro Duo

I thought "a month" is a quite international unit of time. Ok then, let me help you - there are about 31 days in a month (my case), and there are about 24 hours in a one day, therefore it's 31*24, approximately 744hours. (not to mention another 1/3 of a month since my post)

Let me know if anything is unclear. ;)

danlat1415

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Dash Cam
BlackVue DR900S - 2ch with B-124 battery hardwired
What he is getting at, is that some people drive their car 2 hours a day and only have camera powered when the car is on.

Some people drive 7 hours a day and only have it powered when car is on.

Some people have battery packs which run the camera 24/7.

So a month is relative to the person's setup.

For card useage in your context - it's best to refer to actual hours of useage.

Mr. C

Reaction score
Country
Denmark
What he is getting at, is that some people drive their car 2 hours a day and only have camera powered when the car is on.

Some people drive 7 hours a day and only have it powered when car is on.

Some people have battery packs which run the camera 24/7.

So a month is relative to the person's setup.

For card useage in your context - it's best to refer to actual hours of useage.
Exactly! You seem to be the only one who really understand my comment :eek:

OP
U

Ur Mom

Reaction score
Country
Australia
Exactly! You seem to be the only one who really understand my comment :eek:
My 4 channel system records 24/7 with the WD Purples. For over a month now. No problems.

danlat1415

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Dash Cam
BlackVue DR900S - 2ch with B-124 battery hardwired
It's not a 4ch system then... It's 2 x DR900-2CH

Vulva Mare

Reaction score
Country
Romania
c'mon guys ... :) , I'm waiting for the next comment more than the next GOT episode ... at least, you give me some action here

alexsoll

Retailer
Reaction score
Country
Belarus
Dash Cam
Street Guardian, BlackVue, TrendVision
Samsung Evo Plus microSDXC 256Gb (MB-MC256GA) memory card test on BlackVue DR750S-2CH
for 3 days of continuous recording, no problems were observed

Mr. C

Reaction score
Country
Denmark
Samsung Evo Plus microSDXC 256Gb (MB-MC256GA) memory card test on BlackVue DR750S-2CH
for 3 days of continuous recording, no problems were observed

I've also just bought Samsung Evo Plus 128GB (MB-MC128GA) and have had zero problems so far (but only 3 days @ minimum 8 hours pr day with driving). But the true result shows up after several months I believe. If the card wears up too early, I will try the Samsung Pro Endurance next.

900s

Reaction score
Country
United States
Quick update, I’ve been running a SanDisk Ultra 400GB microSDXC UHS-I for 5 months and had zero problems.