Most reliable non-Blackvue cards & 256GB

If you already have either of those, just use it. But if you are going to buy one, then get a 'High Endurance' card, as they are designed to work with dashcams and the like.

I’m currently using the Samsung pro endurance 128gb works amazing. Trying to test out some 256gb which one would you recommend?

I have a SanDisk 64GB HE in one of mine and a Samsung 128GB HE in the other. Neither have given any trouble despite some negative press for SanDisk.

I’m currently using the Samsung pro endurance 128gb works amazing. Trying to test out some 256gb which one would you recommend?
I recommend the Samsung EVO Plus with the litte 3 in the U. Make sure to buy a real one, i've heard there are many cheap "fakes" out there. The original card is not expensive anyway.

Just ordered SanDisk High Endurance MicroSDXC UHS-I 256GB, should have it by next week and will report back

Just ordered SanDisk High Endurance MicroSDXC UHS-I 256GB, should have it by next week and will report back
Good luck. German amazon product description of the cam says SanDisk cards are not supported. But who knows.

Good luck. German amazon product description of the cam says SanDisk cards are not supported. But who knows.
Will see how I go should be fine, using 64gb sandisk red currently.

If it doesn't work will return it but they say it's for dash cams:)

Will see how I go should be fine, using 64gb sandisk red currently.

If it doesn't work will return it but they say it's for dash cams:)
I think you'll be fine. It should be some sort of backup from their side. Maybe they had problems with this brand or they like to sell their own cards more. :D

I think you'll be fine. It should be some sort of backup from their side. Maybe they had problems with this brand or they like to sell their own cards more. :D
Yes I did get it from reseller in Aus so will see.
I had 2 x 128gb and 1 x 64gb blackvue branded that died within few months so not doing that again also $180ish for blackvue cards gets really expensive quickly.

did you try it out in your blackvue yet? Working well? I was planning on grabbing this also.

Really wish samsung came out with a 256gb+ high endurance

did you try it out in your blackvue yet? Working well? I was planning on grabbing this also.

Really wish samsung came out with a 256gb+ high endurance
Sorry for late reply, works find in dr750, today will be installing in dr900.

Will update if any issues :)

So far happy with being able to store a nice amount of footage in max settings.

Installed card in dr900 this morning in other car.

So far it's fine will test out in next few days see how I go. Replaced my genuine 128gb blackvue card which was still working fine.

I have a SanDisk 64GB HE in one of mine and a Samsung 128GB HE in the other. Neither have given any trouble despite some negative press for SanDisk.

In the past I did put Sandisk down in my Shortlist, but it DOES get a lot of bad reviews many of them justifiable. This has also lead me to stay clear from them. On the other hand, I trust Samsung a whole heap more. They're a better company with a better reputation, even if they're a bit more expensive, it's the quality product. I have the Samsung Pro Endurance 128GB which handles 7 hours recording time (2-CH max video settings). Have had 0 corruption files. I did have a 20fps video session only because I did something funny with my Blackvue. The VOD message in the time stamp.

The SD card I use retails in New Zealand for $102 from one authorized retailer in NZ, PB Technologies, which is a fair price. Sandisk is more expensive sort of around NZ$200 from NZ retailers.

More than 6 months on & my 2x WD Purple 256GB cards (4 channel dashcam) are running smooth

Last edited:
Hello !

I just purchased 2 sets of DR900S-2CH (total 4 cams).
I'm now looking to buy 4 cards, one for each cam.
I drive approximately 1-2h per day, and will have parking mode always on with two units of B124X.

Which cards do you recommend for this use?

On this thread I've seen recommendations for the following cards:
1) WD Purple 256GB
2) Samsung Pro Endurance 128GB
3) Samsung Evo+ 256GB
4) Sandisk 400GB Ultra

Any suggestions are welcome!
Thanks !

Hello !

I drive approximately 1-2h per day, and will have parking mode always on with two units of B124X.

1) WD Purple 256GB
3) Samsung Evo+ 256GB
4) Sandisk 400GB Ultra

Thanks !

I’m using the Samsung evo+ 512gb on the 900s. When I replay some clips and I see someone walking and I go to the next file, the dashcam didn’t get the clip showing where they went. I feel like I’m missing data. I’ve seen this happen a few times and I do reformat the card when i get the chance.

I have Samsung evo+ 256gb on the 750s. I haven’t noticed missing data when I download clips. I once recorded a vehicle collision about three months ago in parking mode and the file was there.

I have the WD purple 256 put away. I’m going to replace the 512gb card on the 900s soon.

Hello !

1) WD Purple 256GB
3) Samsung Evo+ 256GB
4) Sandisk 400GB Ultra

Thanks !

I've been running two of these for over 9 months, works great in cold and hot weather: https://www.amazon.com/gp/B074RNRM2B

Last edited by a moderator:
I have the DR750s-2ch connected to a battery. If you want your sd card to last a longer time you will need to purchase an endurance card. I went down the path and bought a bigger card instead (Samsung Evo U3 512gb). SD cards die with write cycles (how many times you write the amount of storage the card can hold to the card, 1 write cycle for a 512gb card would be 512gb), so buying a bigger card will reduce the write cycles therefore improving the life of the card. Or you could buy a card that has a high endurance, but these cost more

I have Adata 128GB card for ... 3.5 years. Used it in DR650GW and now in DR900s

I've read many users having issues with bricked cards and/or having to reformat every month or so (see link below) with some due to "Write Protection" errors. Has anyone encountered these issues on the DR900S-2CH? Do the Endurance cards solve for this?

Back