Most reliable non-Blackvue cards & 256GB

$143, someone buy this and report back please. :unsure:

Screen Shot 2019-01-01 at 1.59.17 AM.pngScreen Shot 2019-01-01 at 2.01.59 AM.png

Whilst i was contemplating using a non oem card, capacity and duration of recording, price to GB, and taking the risk of 256 GB card at UK prices... imho is not value vs the Samsung EVO Select 128 GB Green version form Amazon Uk, as it performs
probably 24/7 at extreme settings constantly... so it probably depends how long you want to save files for, especially if you do not have BV Plan as a backup realtime monitoring... maybe a 256 GB card would do, but i usually look at my 128 GB card twice a week and has more than enough storage to think even about a purchase of 256 GB card and price difference, then will it work with BV cam... just my thoughts.

Why don't you buy one and report back?:eek:

I was being funny, but if I really wanted/needed the 256GB storage I'd do it in a heartbeat, but I'm totally good with the Samsung 128GB Green cards... no need to go any further for me personally. :) I recently upgraded all 3 of my cars to DR900S-2CH's (all 3 within a month), so my wallet is kinda hurting right now but I'm very content to finally have my camera coverage where I want it.

I'm in line for a new HE card so I'll probably give the purple a try, but not in 256Gb. I don't have need for that size or pockets deep enough.

Any updates on 256gb cards?

During the last 16 days?:eek:

@RLS is using a 256GB Card since a long time without any issues.
But i would also like more information about, because here its just possible to buy the RED one.
Like google should be Green and Red exactly the same Card, just with another Print Desing, the Green one is Amazon exclusive.

Reactions: RLS
I used a Samsung EVO Select 128GB (green) for a few months. It worked fine for the first few weeks, but then random reboots happened. It started with about 1 reboot for each 30min drive but deteriorated to aprox. 3 reboots in a few months. 2 days ago I replaced it with a Samsung PRO Endurance 128GB. No reboot so far.
The EVO is definitely not suitable for this dashcam.

@RLS is using a 256GB Card since a long time without any issues.
But i would also like more information about, because here its just possible to buy the RED one.
Like google should be Green and Red exactly the same Card, just with another Print Desing, the Green one is Amazon exclusive.

I have also tested the Sandisk Ultra A1 400GB running non-stop simultaneously in a 750S and a 900S. No issues so far.

Recently been testing the 512GB PNY. Crossing my fingers...

The RED colors used to be non-U3 (U1), and I have 2 of them in “read only” mode lol. The latest RED and GREEN are U3.

I used a Samsung EVO Select 128GB (green) for a few months. It worked fine for the first few weeks, but then random reboots happened. It started with about 1 reboot for each 30min drive but deteriorated to aprox. 3 reboots in a few months. 2 days ago I replaced it with a Samsung PRO Endurance 128GB. No reboot so far.
The EVO is definitely not suitable for this dashcam.

Should do a memory card test to see if it’s a bad card. Occasionally, I get a bad memory card. I also see reviews on Amazon of people receiving fake cards. Definitely run a test before using.

I have 256GB Evo U3 greens running in more than 10x cars... not a single hiccup so far, for a very long time, sometimes running multiple days non-stop, etc.

I also run the Pro Endurance. No issues. Just wish it was more than 128GB...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I had a samsung pro 128gb card and i didn`t have any issue with the card but i only got 7 hours of recording so today i got my samsung evo+ 512gb card and it works so i think that all samsung cards works no matter the size.

kind regards
dean

Please report back after a few months. Had two 128GB EVO green in both my cars and both started to reboot more and more over time. Changed to the “Endurance” cards and no problem so far.

Another data point -- I've been using a Samsung Evo Select 128GB card since last June and it's been working fine, zero issues.

I have also tested the Sandisk Ultra A1 400GB running non-stop simultaneously in a 750S and a 900S. No issues so far.

I have 256GB Evo U3 greens running in more than 10x cars... not a single hiccup so far, for a very long time, sometimes running multiple days non-stop, etc.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Can you confirm you also used them in full hot sun? My problems in the past occurred during the hot season

I've been running a Lexar 128GB 633x on my BlackVue 650 and 900S-2CH for over a year with absolutely no problems at all. Highly recommended.

$143, someone buy this and report back please. :unsure:
So the WD Purple 256GB works ok (just few hours for now). I assume there shouldn't be any issues then.

So far so good.

Is that an endurance type card? Made for temperature and re-write durability?

Back