Most reliable non-Blackvue cards & 256GB

WD Purple 256GB running for a month now in my DR900S (“Extreme” mode). Without issues. ;)

WD Purple 256GB running for a month now in my DR900S (“Extreme” mode). Without issues. ;)

Thank you sir. I just ordered 2 WD 256GB's to run in my DR900S-2CH's. The Florida heat should be a good test!

Really nice, but as long as you stay in Europe it isn't worth, they will take the double Price, really stupid!
Better take a normal one from a good seller so you can change it should be a warranty case.

Haha, that doesn't matter. It's about how many hours the card have been active with read and write activities.

One month usage can for one be a total of 20 hours where as for another it can be 160 hours or more.

Haha, that doesn't matter. It's about how many hours the card have been active with read and write activities.

One month usage can for one be a total of 20 hours where as for another it can be 160 hours or more.
Does my dr900s tell me how many hours I had my wd purple 256gb doing read and write activities? I’ll look for this feature next time.

I thought "a month" is a quite international unit of time. Ok then, let me help you - there are about 31 days in a month (my case), and there are about 24 hours in a one day, therefore it's 31*24, approximately 744hours. (not to mention another 1/3 of a month since my post)

Let me know if anything is unclear. ;)

What he is getting at, is that some people drive their car 2 hours a day and only have camera powered when the car is on.

Some people drive 7 hours a day and only have it powered when car is on.

Some people have battery packs which run the camera 24/7.

So a month is relative to the person's setup.

For card useage in your context - it's best to refer to actual hours of useage.

What he is getting at, is that some people drive their car 2 hours a day and only have camera powered when the car is on.

Some people drive 7 hours a day and only have it powered when car is on.

Some people have battery packs which run the camera 24/7.

So a month is relative to the person's setup.

For card useage in your context - it's best to refer to actual hours of useage.

Exactly! You seem to be the only one who really understand my comment :eek:

Exactly! You seem to be the only one who really understand my comment :eek:
My 4 channel system records 24/7 with the WD Purples. For over a month now. No problems.

It's not a 4ch system then... It's 2 x DR900-2CH

c'mon guys ... :) , I'm waiting for the next comment more than the next GOT episode ... at least, you give me some action here

Samsung Evo Plus microSDXC 256Gb (MB-MC256GA) memory card test on BlackVue DR750S-2CH
for 3 days of continuous recording, no problems were observed

26b6be049366.png

Samsung Evo Plus microSDXC 256Gb (MB-MC256GA) memory card test on BlackVue DR750S-2CH
for 3 days of continuous recording, no problems were observed

26b6be049366.png

I've also just bought Samsung Evo Plus 128GB (MB-MC128GA) and have had zero problems so far (but only 3 days @ minimum 8 hours pr day with driving). But the true result shows up after several months I believe. If the card wears up too early, I will try the Samsung Pro Endurance next.

Quick update, I’ve been running a SanDisk Ultra 400GB microSDXC UHS-I for 5 months and had zero problems.

Back