Most reliable non-Blackvue cards & 256GB

Endurance cards are best. Non endurance cards will struggle to regularly record continuously for 7 hours. 1 have 2x 128gb Samsung endurance cards and for 14 months have had no errors whatsoever with them. Reason why I have two is they're cheap in in NZ$99 and when driving on trips of more than 7 hrs I can use the 2nd to continue recording them transfer at end of my road trip to my 2tb t5 samsung. Samsung is a good brand that sells well in NZ and Australia.

The only card that I have found that is durable and runs cool enough is the Samsung endurance. It's at a very reasonable price. Problem is, it is only 128gb max and you can only get 7 hours

The solution is to get Blackview Downooader for 6 bucks. https://dashcamtalk.com/forum/threads/blackvue-downloader-latest-http-www-gizmocoding-com.37448/

When I pull into my garage it wirelessly pulls all the files off my card and saves it to a $50 2 TB WD purple Hardrive. I can keep months of footage now and it does it all automatically. I no longer worry about the size of my 7 hour, 128gb SD card! No transferring card to view.

I bought a mini PC that I keep on 24/7 for $140 off Amazon that just runs the Blackvue Downloader program https://www.amazon.com/gp/B07ZSC61TG
Seriously guys, this is the solution paired with a 128GB Samsung Pro endurance card

The Samsung Endurance are better than the Evo cause the endurance cards have a longer life than the evo and the endurance cards are specifically designed to cope with 24/7 constant repetative recording. Plus the endurance cards can handle this kind of recording in harsh summer weather of up to 85'c in your car.

posted this in the 750S forum but should pertain here also:
I installed a WD Purple 256gb to replace my 128gb Samsung Endurance pro in my 750S. I've started to hear (the startup sound) my camera randomly reboot at random times. I performed a full format using the dashcam and will continue to monitor this to see if it just doesnt like the WD Purple. Did not have this issue with the Samsung endurance pro

how is your experience with the WD purple after the last few months? did you still get random reboots? im considering this card but if its not good i go for samsung pro endurance.

Just get the samsung 128k endurance card. Its strong and not expensive

Then get Blackvue Downloader (app for your PC that is discussed the Blackvue Viewer and app forum) for $7.00 and have your cars upload data and store terrabytes of clips for months of history.

Just get the samsung 128k endurance card. Its strong and not expensive

Then get Blackvue Downloader (app for your PC that is discussed the Blackvue Viewer and app forum) for $7.00 and have your cars upload data and store terrabytes of clips for months of history.

thank you for your response. I have ordered the samsung pro endurance to replace my 128gb evo card. I already bought the blackvue downloader app. It removed the need for a bigger card. Im glad that i can now review the recordings without much effort.

If you need that, personally i am just a regular Joe so i dont need to backup months of driving.
And I think anyone who does should get a life. I find it no problem whatsoever to remove the card and transfer any 'interesting bits' to my computer.
The only 'reasonable' purpose that I can see for this is for geeks and fleet owners to 'trap' their drivers. And for the latter, there are more reliable methods of doing this, but possibly more expensive.

how is your experience with the WD purple after the last few months? did you still get random reboots? im considering this card but if its not good i go for samsung pro endurance.

Yeah, I still had reboots so I switched back to the Samsung Endurance and no issues since. I havent had much chance to mess around with it since Im not driving much anymore but I was planning on figuring out whats up with the WD purple

I moved to the pro endurance too it seems to have a more smooth and higher consistent framerate recording at extreme with my blackvue 750s then i had with the samsung evo which also worked well but also had some framerate drops here and there. I have reviewd footage with both cards the evo and the pro endurance and the original card that i can now confirm this the evo seems to perform a little less consistant at extreme settings and has some framerate drops but overall works pretty well. I hope you can figure out what the problem is with the wd cards if you can get them towork as well they offer good value and a larger size.

So I'm guessing a SanDisk Extreme 128GB is a no no then!

I just bought a BlackVue DR900S-2CH 16GB. I didn't do my homework and just assumed that the brand new unopened SanDisk Extreme 128GB SD card that I had here would be fine and I could use that. I'm now wondering if I should return the DR900S and get their 128GB version or just buy a different 128GB card. The Samsung PRO Endurance 128 GB microSDXC UHS-I U3 might be a cheaper option than the BlackVue alternative.

This is the Samsung PRO Endurance on Amazon

Would the Samsung Endurance Pro be a good option?

Samsung Endurance Pro is mentioned so many times here on this forum, it's almost pretty interesting you missed that after you tried the search button. :unsure: :p

Anyway yes, it's really good card (don't even try to buy Blackvue's cards...). If you are interested in larger capacity, WD Purple is the way to go.

Samsung Endurance Pro is mentioned so many times here on this forum, it's almost pretty interesting you missed that after you tried the search button. :unsure: :p

Anyway yes, it's really good card (don't even try to buy Blackvue's cards...). If you are interested in larger capacity, WD Purple is the way to go.
Sorry, I was referring to getting the Samsung card over either changing the BlackVue unit or getting their seriously expensive card. I wasn't asking it the Samsung card was the best of it's class as having already read this thread more or less from the start it clearly appears to be the best of the non-BlackVue cards.

The samsung endurance pro is usually the best card you can get. It is more then fast enough for all blackvue cameras. And it has a better warranty then the blackvue cards that only have 6 months of warrenty. Blackvue also recommends the samsung pro endurance as best alternative. Wd purple should also work and sandisk endurance series too.

The samsung endurance pro is usually the best card you can get. It is more then fast enough for all blackvue cameras. And it has a better warranty then the blackvue cards that only have 6 months of warrenty. Blackvue also recommends the samsung pro endurance as best alternative. Wd purple should also work and sandisk endurance series too.
Only 6 months warranty for BlackVue's own cards! Considering they charge a premium for them I find that very poor!

On seeing the sticker on the box I was concerned about what card I should use but if they themselves only offer 6 months warranty on their cards it doesn't inspire confidences in their branded cards. IMG_0154.jpg

The boxes i recieved dont have that sticker anymore. There own cards are also good. I dont think there done after 6 months. I think the sticker is something for the older 16gb version only. I also recommend you test The front cam for hdr purple flashes in the right corner before even trying another card. I have partly resolved the issue after i went for different cams and firmware update directly trough the sd card. But it seems to be a problem with the dr900s series when hdr mode is enabled. Im still testing and i have to communicate back with blacvue once i find time to upload my footage to the google drive.
the firmware update didnt help with the amazon cams i had before but with the ones from the official retailer i have more succes. One has it almost not anymore the otherone only in difficult scenes when ik driving trough forest areas with alot of dark to light scenes quickly.

The purple tint is a defect of the camera sensor which can be "triggered" by a specific amount of light, with HDR mode enabled. Just RMA your unit, Blackvue replacing units with this issue.

... Wd purple should also work...
Not just "should", it works perfectly fine. ;)

Last edited:
Back